Arthur's TV Trouble (Arthur Adventure Series)

Arthur's TV Trouble (Arthur Adventure Series) (Arthur Adventure Series)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  297 ratings  ·  25 reviews
When Arthur sees the advertisement for the amazing doggy Treat Timer, he knows it's the perfect gift for Pal. He sets out to earn the money to buy it, daydreaming of riches and of Pal's reaction when he sees the Treat Timer for the first time. Everything seems to be working out, too -- until a big gust of wind nearly blows Arthur's dreams of luxury away!
Published March 5th 2009 by Little, Brown Children (first published 1995)

Julia Jasztal
Mommy's review from 9/12/11 -

A really clear message is sent with this story and it's definitely one that kids need to learn sooner rather than later. It's really simple really, Arthur sees a commercial while watching cartoons and realizes that his pet needs this product. He asks his parents for the money and when they say no he starts trying other things. He looks for money wherever he can and finds a job for a neighbor. The job he does turns out to be a lot harder than he thought but in the en...more
Kristen Lindsay
Allison
This book is about Arthur and the commercial he saw on TV for a dog treat timer that he was convinced his dog Pal, would love. Since he didn't have enough money yet, he had to find ways to get the money. First he collected change on his way home from school and then his neighbor asked him to clean the newspaper out of his garage. He is offered a quarter for every cluster which he calculates is enough to get the timer. When he finally can buy it he is upset that it ends up not working. This book...more
Marissa Reyes
The book Arthurs TV Trouble by Marc Brown was a well written text with child based illustrations. The fact the book is a play off of the children's television show, just in the form of the written word, makes it easier to have the children follow along since they already know what is going to happen next. So instead of watching the show they have the chance to visualize what is being said as they read it aloud. This text also has a great way of exemplifying how naïve children can be when dealin...more
Crystal Jackson
I remember watching the TV series when I was younger. I think children would enjoy reading or hearing a read aloud of Arthur books because most of them probably watch the show. They can learn from this book the importance of working for something you really want.
Madeline Davis
This book does a great job at teaching the young readers about the value of a dollar. Arthur is convinced by an infomercial to buy a "Treat Timer" but does not have enough money. He counts all of his birthday, asks his parents for a loan and finally discovers an odd job in the neighborhood. This job proves to be much more difficult than he had originally planned. He finally earned enough money to purchase the "Treat Timer" only to find that it was much smaller than it was on the commercial and i...more
Brianna
Grade Levels: 1-3
* Integrates literacy and mathematics by including the concept of money and trading/buying and selling in this book inspired by a popular television series via PBS Kids; a great reading center/class library book for young students; have students read this story in a reading center as a group and create and write about an item/invention that they would like to sell.
Carman
From a commercial, Arthur sees something that he must have. He works hard to earn the money to get it, but it doesn't seem to be worth it once he sees it. Arthur learns that sometimes things look way better on TV than in real life. Many Arthur books have lessons or morals to them. I think they would be great additions to a class library.
Molly
As a huge fan of the television series, I was greatly disappointed at the lazy and sub-par writing of the books. The illustrations are very poorly done as well (especially if you have older editions of the books). Not good. just watch the show; it's on at seven on PBS every morning.
Christina Macleod
The Arthur books are wonderful, and they teach so many great lessons to children. I enjoyed this book because it teaches children about impulsivity and the concept that, "Things aren't always what they seem." The cover is very eye-catching, and expertly illustrated.
Deborah Harris
Dec 27, 2013 Deborah Harris added it
Shelves: a21, ar-2
AR Quiz No. 16972 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 2.6 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, RV, VP
Casey Trump
Arthur works hard in this book to reach a specific outcome. He wants money to buy something special, so he earns it by working for it. You can use this book to teach about hard work paying off.
Natalie
In this book, Arthur gets sucked in by an infomercial and he goes through a series of steps to try to obtain on. Used this book in a Marc Brown Auhtor study in my 2nd grade class.
Nicki
It is a poorly named booked. I thought it would be about watching too much TV, but it is really about commercials, cheap products and working to earn money.
Gail
Why oh why does my 3.5 year old like Arthur so much? Had to read this book many times, and I'm not even sure she knows what a commercial is.
Theresa
good early reader, using text to relate to the television show many of the stories hae been repeated in the show.
Patricia
While watching TV, Arthur sees a commercial for a dog treat machine. Naturally, he just has to buy it for Pal.
Marinda
I liked this book, but I did not like the ending because Arthur did not seem to learn his lesson.
Christa♥
I liked arthur books, my fav character was buster.
Morris
"I liked when Arthur got the food timer."
Jessie
I loved the Arthur books as a kid.
Jen
Good lesson taught in this book
PWRL
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Missing Honey
  • Curious George Goes to a Chocolate Factory
  • Franklin Rides A Bike
  • Froggy Goes to Bed
  • Baby Sister Says No (Look-Look)
  • The Gym Teacher From The Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon, #3)
  • The Magic School Bus Hops Home: A Book About Animal Habitats
  • Clifford Gets a Job
  • Fancy Nancy: Ooh La La! It's Beauty Day
  • The Emperor's Egg Big Book: Read and Wonder Big Book
  • Henry and Mudge and the Best Day of All (Henry and Mudge, #14)
Marc Tolon Brown is perhaps best known for his Arthur series of children's books.

He lives on Martha's Vineyard and in New York City with his wife, Laurie Krasny Brown. He has three children, sons Tolon and Tucker, and daughter Eliza. The names of his two sons have been hidden in all of the Arthur books except for one: Arthur's Tooth.
More about Marc Brown...
Arthur's Eyes (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's Halloween (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's New Puppy (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur's Valentine (Arthur Adventure Series) Arthur Writes a Story (Arthur Adventure Series)