Start by marking “My Honorable Highlander (Highland Games Through Time, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Honorable Highlander (Highland Games Through Time, #1)

My Honorable Highlander (Highland Games Through Time #1)

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  109 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Bumbling present day herbalist, Haven MacKay, gets more than she bargains for when her love spell goes awry, is cast back in time, and meets her true love -- Laird Kirkwall Gunn.

Kirk’s plans go slightly off course when he falls in love with a woman wandering through the Scottish Highlands. After all, he has pledged to marry another, from an enemy clan, in order to end a c
Published May 18th 2012 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about My Honorable Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Honorable Highlander

Babs
May 20, 2012 Babs rated it it was amazing
All Haven wants is her true love, someone who will love her for who she is and what she does. With some of the herbs she has she tries to find that love. The first time a handsome man on horseback that kisses her and leaves abruptly through a mist. Second time is a bit longer but noting more than kisses. They say the third time is a charm and it does work, but it takes a while for Haven to understand she is in another place in another time. The reactions to her language are a bit humorous althou ...more
Pat aka Tygyr
Haven MacKay is helping Ione out at the Highland games in New England. Ione spins yarn from lamb wool and Haven knits it. Haven believes in herbal preparations. She borrowed a magic book and when she finds the time she uses a spell to take her to her love. She ends up in the middle of a fog between 2 sword fighting Highlanders. The one kisses her and she slowly fades back to normal. A 2nd time she goes and sees him again, but again she doesn't stay. An old woman she buys more herbs from prods he ...more
Petula
Jul 23, 2014 Petula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is also part of the 10 Timeless Heroes boxed set.

Haven is nursing a broken heart and helping a friend at the Highland Games historical fair. She is a gifted healer who uses the potions and chants from a byegone age. She flees from a cloaked figure on her way back from the dance, and uses the storm to help her escape.This lands her in a much more dangerous place.
Kirk is on his way to his betrothed with wagon loads of treasure. When in the middle of a battle he sees a beautiful woman who
Chandra
AUTHOR: Nancy Lee Badger writes Romance, Historical Fiction, Mystery & Thrillers

GENRE: Historical romance

SETTING: From 21st century, Lincoln, New England; time travel to Northern Scotland 1598

MAIN FEMALE CHARACTER: HAVEN MACKAY; an herbal healer, wants to be in love.

MAIN MALE CHARACTER: KIRKWALL GUNN; clan chief, well endowed

SYNOPSIS: Kirk is on his way to be married to a woman he does not love. Haven is a volunteer at the annual Highland games. A mist brings her though to his time for love
Colleen
Feb 19, 2014 Colleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
History, time-travel, magic, romance? Yes, please! Loads of fun, and what's even better is that there are more books after this one. Looking forward to diving in to them to see what the other characters will get up to. Love the mystic elements and the mix of medieval and modern. A really fun romp.
Brittany
I was looking for a good time-travel romance and decided to give this a shot. This book was so aggravating. The girl did not realize she was in the past until 60% into the book. I mean really!! It was really ridiculous. It just was okay I did not love it.
Hayley Faiman
3.75 I wish there were more sex scenes stars!!! I loved this little highlander time travel book! I wish that there wasn't so much description talk about Iona especially since she is getting her own book... I think she was talked about a little too much but other than that and not enough sex I truly enjoyed this book! Full of mystery, sexual tension, a little witch craft, and a bunch of highlanders!
Overall:
 photo friendsnodding.gif
Desiree
Actually 3 and half stars. But I did like it. :)
Giselle
Nov 15, 2012 Giselle rated it really liked it
Shelves: purchased-read
Cute story. Looking forward to reading the next book.
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it did not like it
May 22, 2016
Link55
Link55 marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Brooke
Brooke rated it really liked it
May 15, 2016
Kenna La Pointe
Kenna La Pointe marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Lelouch
Lelouch marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Kristine Zarcone
Kristine Zarcone marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Kellie
Kellie is currently reading it
May 08, 2016
Celise
Celise marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Sonia
Sonia marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
sharon lemire
sharon lemire rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
Atunah
Atunah added it
Feb 16, 2016
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Allie108
Allie108 rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
LeahSay's Views
LeahSay's Views rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
  • Some Enchanted Waltz (Seasons of Enchantment #1)
  • Rogue's Challenge (Challenge, #2)
  • Just Beyond the Garden Gate (Highland Gardens, #1)
  • Highlander Claimed (Clan Mackenzie, #1)
  • Beyond A Highland Whisper (MacKay Clan, #1)
  • Dragon Knight's Sword (Order of the Dragon Knights, #1)
  • One Scottish Lass (A Regency Time Travel Romance Novella #1)
  • Mystic Memories
  • Isle of Lies (Scottish Duo, #1)
  • Highland Fling (Highland Dream, #2)
  • Redemption (Legends of Graham Mansion, #1)
  • Behind The Plaid (Highland Bound Trilogy, #1)
  • A Laird for all Time
  • Highland Heart (Highland Hearts, #0.5)
  • The Highlander's Tempestuous Bride: Book 3 in The Highlander's Bride series
  • The Return of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #2)
  • Legacy
  • The Starry Child (Starry Child, #1)
Nancy Lee Badger grew up in Huntington, New York, on the north shore of Long Island. With a love of art and skiing she found her niche at Plymouth State University in Plymouth, NH. Surrounded by ski areas and a fantastic art program, she graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Art Education.

The bonus of struggling through four years of classes? She also met her one and only true love...her
More about Nancy Lee Badger...

Highland Games Through Time (3 books)
  • My Banished Highlander (Highland Games Through Time, #2)
  • My Reluctant Highlander (Highland Games Through Time, #3)