Relentless (Aspen, #1)

Relentless (Aspen #1)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  910 ratings  ·  81 reviews
Lily Chandler lost her job and lost her apartment. The last thing she wants is to lose her heart to a small-town sexy cowboy who is known to love 'em and leave 'em.

Rumored bad boy Luke Winchester needs to shed the reputation he hasn't earned if he wants more than a stolen kiss from Lily. Unfortunately, the scorned woman who stands in his way happens to be Lily's best frien...more
Published May 8th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Relentless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relentless

Bookie | The BookChick
This was such as sweet story. I liked Lily and Luke a lot but hated Hannah the harpy. She was such a vile a vindictive person (and for NO reason). My only complaint with the book was that I wished that there was a resolution to Hannah and her lies so that Luke could have been publicly vindicated.
Ingela
A simple, sweet and bland Novella - just 2 tiny stars.

Twenty-five-year-old Lily moves along with her friend Hannah to her friend's tiny hometown. They live temporarily in a small house on Hannah's parents' farm. The very first day is Lily running on the local hottie cowboy, Luke. The guy who broke her friend's heart when they were teenagers. Luke flirts immediately with Lily and Lily can't help but get really interested. Lily hear some bad things about Luke from her friend, but what is true? Wha...more
Katrina
A Great sweet short romance, and who doesn’t love a cowboyyyyyy!!!

Considering the length of this story I found that Cindy has added all the goodies in. Relentless has lies, romance, betrayal, deceit and of course a small town with gossip and smexy moments to of course.

The characters were likeable and the storyline intriguing. Recommended for an afternoon read or someone wanting to fluff that inner romantic.

PST don’t cha just love the cover *** purr **...

I’d love to have seen more and it to h...more
Raven
I am not sure what I was expecting when I downloaded this book, but it wasn't what I got- it was so much better! This was my first time reading anything by Cindy Stark, but it will certainly *not* be the last. I purchased this for free last night on a whim when I couldn't sleep. Based on the cover and the short description, I anticipated a nice "fluff" read with a good bit of sexy thrown in. This is a classic case of "do not judge a book by its cover". I was surprised and pleased to see an actua...more
Katinki
This is a terrible book.

Boring. Cliched characters who lack any notion of depth (except for the over the top "friend" who was just ridiculous). Cliched plot (or maybe it's just a lack thereof altogether. Meh writing (at least it's 3rd person). Silly ending.

Okay and minor rant.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, USE A FUCKING CONDOM.

See, in this book, the female protagonist (if we dare to call her that) decides that no, it's a-okay to have unprotected sex with a guy she doesn't really know that well AND who...more
Brooke
A fun, quick little read... if you like sexy cowboys and sassy girls who fall for them... this book is for you...

After losing their jobs, Hannah and Lily decide to go to Hannah's home town of Aspen, Utah. An itty bitty place where everyone knows everything about each other. When Lily meets Luke, she feels an instant spark, and wants to find out more. The only thing standing in her way is her friendship with Hannah. Luke is Hannah's ex.. and Lily has been warned that he. is. trouble and she shou...more
SheLove2Read
Short, western contemporary. No major drama...would be a good rainy day read.
Kellie G.
May 28, 2012 Kellie G. marked it as to-read
Kindle Amazon freebie 5/23/12
Tammie
4 Stars ♥ contemporary western romance

Lies in a small town have a way of ruining a person's life. For Luke, he's spent eight years trying to overcome the damage done by those lies. Just when he thinks he's gaining ground, the woman who tarnished his reputation comes back to town...along with a woman Luke can't deny a fierce attraction to.

Lily's unsure of what she's landed in the middle of, but she owes her friend, Hannah, her loyalty. The sexy cowboy making her smile and yearn for forever is str...more
Dalene
Original review at A Date with a Book

After reading the holiday story of this series, Cowboys and Angels and loving it, I found that I had the first book on this series on my Kindle TBR pile and quickly read it. And just like the holiday story, this book was a quick read as well. Even though this is a novella, it definitely has enough substance to make a complete story, but definitely wanting more of the author’s work.

This author sure knows how to write a romance story. I loved Lily and Luke. Ha...more
Nicky
Shirley
This one was okay for a quick read. I liked the connection between Lily and Luke. There were definite sparks there. I liked the small town feel and the way the characters interacted. The only thing that I really didn’t like was Lily’s friend Hannah.

My dislike of the scorned best friend had nothing to do with her being the ‘bad guy’ in this story. The problem was that readers weren’t given a really clear reason as to why she was the ‘bad guy’ and what caused her to act the way she did. She seemed...more
Char (1RadReader59)
Lies are the hardest things to out run & this is one story filled with them. Yet, none are true & they have taken on a life of their own. Hannah is the one that started the rumors about Luke out of anger over 6 years ago but she cannot let it go she truly believes them now to the point where when her & her friend Lily have to move home to her family's farm, which she has to after they lose their jobs. She is not happy about moving home, she gets caught up in the meanness of those lie...more
Clancy Metzger
Every time I read one of Cindy Stark's books, I think I love this hero best. No exception here. Luke melts... everything. I think he's hotter than the cover pic personally. Lily I liked a lot but with Hannah being a complete crazy, Lily's loyalty seemed uber misplaced. Loved it when the girls have their come-to-jesus meeting in the bar though.
Julie
Good short read. Luke was a strong lead character although I wish the story was a little longer so it would have delve into more of his character. Lily was perfect in this story as city girl whose got a country girls heart. I enjoyed this story my only issue was I wanted the story to be longer with more details on the characters.
Kathy
Read book 0.5-Wounded, and liked the storyline. Continued with the 3 book set when a good sale came up.
Hannah is such a nasty person. I can't stand her. I liked Luke and Lily's characters. I enjoyed the plot of the book but it seemed to end so abruptly, I felt caught off guard.
Tonileg
Lily Chandler ends up in a tiny town in middle of nowhere America. She has always been a city girl, but with no job and little money she follows her roommate and best friend Hannah to her tiny hometown. Lily needs time to figure out where she is going and a new job. As soon as they enter the city she meets Luke Winchester, a hot rancher with a lot of history with the town and her bestfriend.
Lily is in a bad position because she is staying with Hannah's family and she was friends first so she has...more
Sally
Relentless is based in small town Aspen and tells the tale of Lily Chandler and Luke Winchester as they try to overcome the small town gossip and rumours spread by Lily's best friend Hannah.

Cindy Stark's writing style makes Relentless an enjoyable quick read. This is a great romantic story that has very likeable characters and from the first chapter it is easy for the reader, like Lily, to be charmed by Luke Winchester and the rest of Aspen town folk. As the electric sparks fly between Lily and...more
Sam
Sweet, if very predictable, romance. I like this author's voice; she created two like-able characters, but a rush at the end left it only being a middle-of-the-road read for me.
Hope Frost
just okay for me. didn't love it but didn't hate it. quick easy read.
Christy
This was a really enjoyable novella. Considering the length, I thought the two main characters were well developed; the antagonist less so. The ending was too abrupt for my tastes. Personally, I'd rather see a story end with the characters hopeful about the future and the potential for true love without it being declared after only a few days. That said, I really enjoyed the story, the connection between Luke and Lily, and the love scene. The barroom cat fight was a nice addition too. I'm not su...more
Danielle Calabrese
A good read, but I just wanted more depth!
DA4Pups
Jul 20, 2014 DA4Pups marked it as own-under-another-title
Aspen Trilogy (Aspen Series 1-3)
Kerrigan Byrne
Out of all Cindy Stark's stories, this one has to be my favorite. (and that's saying something!) Ms. Stark has a way of weaving a fantasy that you want to superimpose yourself into so that you can live the experience. Her imagery and setting is poetic and evocative and her characters are unforgettable. I fell in love with her misunderstood Hero right away and then, like Lilly's, my feelings just got deeper from there. This may be a Novella, but it reads like a full length novel leaving you utter...more
Milena's Book Corner
A nice surprise! Loved Lily and Luke but hated Hannah and all her lies due rejection/insecurities. Best way to describe Hannah would be "vindictive bitch". I was a little disappointed that Luke was never publicly vindicated and that there was no mention of a resolution to Hannah and her lies. Nonetheless, this was a sweet story, well worth the read. Here you have the case of don't judge a book by it's cover, even though the cover does it for me too! ;)
Kelly
Definitely a quick read, I liked the slice of small town life but I was a little taken aback by where Hannah's animosity with the town and her family came from. Lily was the typical big city girl in a small town. Luke had some surprising depth. Fun, but I think I would have got a little more out of it if Hannah's oddness had been explained more.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
Siobhan Muir
This is the first time I've read Ms. Stark's work, but I really enjoyed the start of her Aspen series. I liked the premise of a "big city" girl coming to a small town on the grudging graciousness of her friend, who then turns on her because of a sexy man the friend never got to have. I liked Luke and Lily, and the situation between Lily and Hannah played out realistically. Great spicy read with plenty of sexual tension and adventure.
Jenna Anderson
An easy read without much plot - but in a good way. The main focus is Lily and Luke's growing desire for each other. Nice.

I will read the next in the series.

See my full review on Romance Novel News - http://www.romancenovelnews.com/jooml...
Claire
I got this free from Amazon.

It has been awhile since I read this book.

I remember it being exciting and interesting. The characters are not standing out to me at this point. Might be worth a re-read. I remember liking it and since more books have come my way from Stark, I find that her books are pretty good.
Kami
This book was a good little gem I happened to stumble upon. A sweet little romance story with my favorite a tattooed cowboy. Cant get any better than that folks. Lust, rumors, lies, humor, romance, and even a nice bar room brawl. Cute little short story, I only wish it had been longer.
  • Reckless for Cowboy (Stampede Sizzler, #2)
  • At the Cowboy's Mercy (Taming the Cowboy, #1)
  • Blame it on Texas (Lone Star Cowboys #1)
  • Harm's Hunger (Bad in Boots, #1)
  • Cowboy-Sexy
  • Branded for You (Riding Tall, #1)
  • Dream Kisses (Romance on the Ranch, #1)
  • A Cowboy for Christmas
  • Into the Arms of a Cowboy
  • The Rent-A-Groom
  • Cowboys Make Better Lovers
  • Liar's Fire
  • Wild Mustang Man
  • Cooking For Cowboy
  • Cowboy Heat (Hell Yeah!, #1)
  • Taken by the Cowboy
  • Save Me (Me, #2)
  • Crazy for Cowboy
Cindy lives with her family and her adorable Border Collie in the shadow of the Rocky Mountains.
You can find her on Facebook, Twitter or her website: CindyStark.com
More about Cindy Stark...
Moonlight and Margaritas Lawless (Aspen, #2) Wounded (Aspen, #0.5) Cowboys and Angels (Aspen, #3) Sweet Vengeance