Start by marking “Heart” as Want to Read:
Heart

Heart

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Witness the rise of cage fighter Oren "Rooster" Redmond in this gritty tale of self-discovery illustrated by KEVIN MELLON (LOVESTRUCK, SHIELD) and written by BLAIR BUTLER (G4's Attack of the Show). Packed with flying knees, crazy submissions, dudes getting punched in the face, and a narrative Alex Zalban at MTV Geek calls, "Something exciting and different. In a world awas ...more
Published July 11th 2012 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart

Hayden
'Heart' follows the rise and fall of Oren Redmond, an average pencil pusher who finds his calling in the world of professional MMA cage fighting.

I first heard about this via the writer Blair Butler, who reviews comics for G4TV. Judging by the awesome cover of the first issue (cover of this paperback), and the fact that she reviews comics for a living, I had very high expectations for this story. It was good, but I was somewhat let down. I never really felt for the lead. I didn't feel like they r
Syahira Sharif

Heart is a B&W collection of a series of an ordinary man with a dream of being in the fighting ring. He decided to pursue it and worked hard to be where he is. He have talent and determination to break into the boxing career. Despite all the hard work, he pressed on harder and keep on going like a warrior he is. He's deep and almost philosophical even when things gets ugly. Its a simple story with depth and the stark realism take on the modern warriors in the masculine sport.

The graphic nove
Elia
This isnt't he kind of story I normally read. I hate boxing, MMA, all that stuff. I don't see the joy in watching a couple of grown men pummel the crap out of eachother for the enjoyment of spectators.
That said, I enjoyed reading this. It actually touched me. I nearly shed a tear.
It's a simple story about a young guy who wants something more out of his life than a boring temp job. He thinks he will get that better life in the ring so he becomes an MMA Cage Fighter convinced he can be a champ.
Grg
This one surprised me. Not so much a story about MMA, but subtle tale about having the guts to take a shot at greatness.
Gord
Truth be told , I didn't really care for the genre (MMA drama) and in the end it was forgettable. The art was very solid though. However, I am an admirer of Blair Butler and her work promoting comics so I gave her a passing grade.
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Mike Weissmann
Mike Weissmann marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Rahma Maghraby
Rahma Maghraby marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Jarrad
Jarrad marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
Bryan
Bryan added it
Dec 01, 2013
Heart #1 (Heart, #1) Legends of Red Sonja Womanthology: Space Batman: Black and White Vol. 4 Batman Black and White #5