Start by marking “Claiming His Wife (Unlikely Love #3)” as Want to Read:
Claiming His Wife (Unlikely Love #3)

Claiming His Wife (Unlikely Love #3)

3.62  ·  Rating Details ·  1,040 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Opal Shaw has loved Tony Hunt for as long as she can remember. However, he is older than her and her brother’s best friend.

Two years have passed since he saved her from a loveless marriage. When she catches sight of an article comparing her to one of his women, Opal knows it’s time to bring their marriage to an end.

Slapped with divorce papers, Tony refuses to sign them. He
Published June 18th 2012 by Evernight Publishing (first published June 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Claiming His Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claiming His Wife

Fallen Too Far by Abbi GlinesStepbrother Dearest by Penelope WardFallen Crest High by TijanFalling for the Ghost of You by Nicole ChristieRival by Penelope Douglas
Step Siblings or Related in Love
15th out of 167 books — 375 voters
The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer ProbstThe Unwanted Wife by Natasha AndersSarah's Surrender by Lynda ChanceKiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsStaking His Claim by Lynda Chance
Romantically Forced
34th out of 144 books — 254 voters

More lists with this book...

Jun 18, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Eagerly awaiting the final book in the trilogy and was not disappointed. Sam writes, she delivers, she PUBLISHES!!!! Spot on absolutely. This rounded off the trilogy perfectly.

I loved the interaction between Opal and Tony. The patient man waiting until his wife is old enough to handle him. However things take a turn when she pre-empties him and asks for a divorce. There are hidden depths to Tony that become clear during the story, some of which took me by surprise.

The trilogy is great. Enough pa
As I read, I thought this was going to be the best of the series. The writing style was showing some improvement and I liked that the hero stayed faithful during their two years apart. But then it just sort of fizzled out and offered a very bland and unsatisfying epilogue. Oh well....
Doris O'Connor
Jun 20, 2012 Doris O'Connor rated it really liked it
This book wraps up the series nicely.

However, I did feel like slapping Tony and Opal at times. Talk about making life difficult for themselves. Opal could really have done with a bit more back bone. I like my heroines sassy, and she did annoy me at times, but hey that means she got to me, right? ;-)

Tony is a man of contradiction, battling with demons from the past, that mean he dilly dallies rather a lot around Opal. You understand why as the story unfolds, and he does end up fighting for her. I

I just finished this one and I have to say I'm really, really disappointed. Ive been waiting for this one since the first book and during the story it was good. Real good, i would say this one was verging on the best of the series Until. The epilogue. I can't believe that was it.
Jul 09, 2012 Bukcrz rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-can-loan
I have to say this book is a good surprise to me especially since I put down a book with the same theme because I cannot get into it. But this book held my attention because though the heroine isn't my usual kind of character, she was in no way a doormat or in any way demean in the way she was presented or treated by the hero. I may never relate to her wealthy upbringing but I can relate to her own insecurities as a woman and she came out as a great character.
The hero came out as true dominant w
Jul 18, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
Like reading a harlequin but better. The heroine had always been in love with her brothers best friend and one day, to save her from being married to another man, her brothers best friend married her. However he would not sleep with her, he believed her to be too young. Just when she talked about getting a divorce, the hero changed his game and he would do anything to keep her, because he loves her.
Jul 29, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing

I really enjoyed this! Tony finally opened his eyes & heart.... His petal got what she needed and wanted! ;0)
Aug 05, 2012 catodalys rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody
To me this was a very out of touch with reality book…it completely sucked and was a huge waste of my time…the saying is really true when they say "You Can't Judge a Book by It's Cover"…in my totally honest opinion this "Sam Crescent" should not be writing romance novels … Note to Sam You SHOULD REALLY GET A NEW JOB BECAUSE YOU SUCK AT THIS ONE…

This book was out of touch with reality in regards that the main character Opal seemed to be really stupid …and i mean really stupid about sex …like never
Sep 12, 2012 B.E.Love rated it really liked it
In book 3 of the Unlikely in Love series we get Opal,Richard from book 2 sister and Tony, Richard's best friend's story. Opal has always loved Tony but knew he would never want her so at 18 Opal finds herself about to wed Charles a man she hates but a man her parents feel will help them in the business world. Until Tony stops the wedding by agreeing to marry her himself. Fast forward 2 years and Opal is all alone with only tabloids to read about Tony and his many woman. Now Opal realizes that it ...more
so doormat girl falls for assholee guy. girl remains doormat. guy becomes bigger asshole then suddenly can't live without her. the end.
Roub rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2012
Feb 20, 2013 Nina rated it liked it
Claiming His Wife by Sam Cresent is the third installment to Cresent's 'Unlikely Love' series and the first work that I've read from this author. Although I have yet to read the previous two in the series, I can say that this one can be a stand alone read as it still made sense to me when I read it.

Opal has loved her brother's best friend Tony for as long as she can remember. However, there's a 17 year difference between them and Tony is not about to jeopardize his friendship with Opal's brother
Feb 24, 2013 Love_doped rated it did not like it
this book sucked... and i've read some really sucky books.. but seriously this one takes the cake! i normally ignore reviewing the bad harlequin type books.. i mean no one expects harlequins to end up in a favourite shelf anyway! but atleast the other authors can write. this one just seemed like a wattpad user! and honestly i'm done with reading teanagers trial and error version of books.. a waste of my precious day!

I have never really been into the alpha-dominant hero who has to always have his way and never takes no for an answer. It just seems sort of borderline abusive.
I especially hated the heroine, who complained about being controlled and manipulated by her family but posed no objection to her husband's control over her.
Mutia fatimah
Apr 15, 2013 Mutia fatimah rated it really liked it
I think the author very concerned about body weight issues, and I hundred percent support that.

this series is great :)
Amanda Sheila
Totally as good as the second book. I love Richard among the others! Tony, let's just say he's thinking too much. That's kind of annoying.
Opal is such a lucky girl, Tony saved her from useless marriage and marry her himself. Too bad Tony won't touch like at all, even at their wedding night.
I bet Miss Crescent have this kinky for an old man. *giggles*
The problem still the same, Sam Crescent's style of writing isn't my favorite. Sometimes it's confusing and the way she jumps from one point of vi
May 18, 2013 Fatty rated it liked it
A lil silly and cliche if we see logically but I'm cliche and silly so I kimda liked it. Im a sucker for misunderstandings between H/h and husbands ignoring wives out of sense of some silly duty to the wife or wife's brother. But still something felt missing so gave it 3 .
Aug 03, 2013 Sumaya rated it did not like it

See, there's a VERY clear theme in all of Ms Crescent's stories. The man is older, wealthy and in love with a YOUNGER woman. The woman is young, innocent and forced to spend time with the man. They then have a series of intimate scenes... and at the end the woman is also hopelessly in love with the man.

Honestly? I don't like giving bad reviews... BUT HONESTLY? The least this book could've given me is an eye-opening scene in which the author makes it clear to the reader that age does not matt
I read this a few years ago, and I think my standards for a H have greatly improved since then. I guess cutting my romance novel teeth in the 80's made me expect the H to be a jerk to the h.
What really bugs me about the H, isn't so much the idea that he was unfaithful (view spoiler), but that he rubbed her face in it. Letting his past lover paw him and dancing with her in front of the h. Really makes me grind my teeth
Nov 04, 2013 Crystal rated it really liked it
Opal Shaw was given the chance to get out of marrying a guy her parents picked for her. Who knows what her life would've been like if she had to go through with it.

Tony Hunt couldn't let his best friends sister marry the guy that gave him the creeps. Yes he was older than her but he told her that he would marry her and that she could get a divorce whenever she wanted.

Two years down the road and Opal is going to give Tony the divorce she thinks he wants. He has wanted her for years and has finall
Mar 01, 2014 Farah rated it liked it
Shelves: books
Tony was a darker kind of character and it was surprising because he seemed to be pretty easygoing and cheerful in the last two books but in this one we got to see beneath the surface , I liked his character and found his struggles convincing though sometimes he needed a wake up bang on the head but other than that the characters were all likeable and I enjoyed Opal's character , a good read.
Tierra rated it it was ok
Jun 09, 2014
Niandra Melo
era uma vez uma songa. ela ensinou todas as songas do mundo a serem songas. ai ela casou com o rei dos idiotas. e ele ficou reinando absoluto sobre ela e ela cada vez mais treinada da arte das songuices. fim!
Jey rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2015
May 20, 2015 Angie rated it it was amazing
This book was really good!! I loved Opal and how she finally took things into her own hands. Tony finally realized what he wanted and went after it. I am really enjoying this series! Sam Crescent is one of my favorite authors!!!
Netta rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2015
Dec 15, 2015 Maria rated it really liked it
Επιτέλους ένα βιβλίο της συγκεκριμένης σειράς το οποίο με ενθουσίασε. Μοιάζει αρκετά με το "Billionaire Husband" αλλά ίσως γι αυτό μου άρεσε τόσο πολύ.
Alinutza rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Jun 27, 2016 Christine rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one. Masochist.
What the fuck? I mean, what the fucking fuck was that? I could've done something more productive with my time like shovel shit, rather than read this.

Made no sense. At all. The one star is because I did laugh out loud at times.

*****“You don’t have a choice. You’ll do as you’re told. You’re a woman, and no one listens to women anyway.”

*****“This is the games room.” He opened a door, and she saw a pool table with a few other bits and pieces she’d seen in the movies.

*****“Why don’t you use one of
  • The Cowboy and the Angel (The Cowboy and the Angel, #1)
  • Emerald Knight
  • Riding Curves
  • Tempting Tori (Courage Brothers of Texas, #1)
  • Stud Muffin Wanted
  • The Greek's Chosen Wife (A Mediterranean Marriage #6)
  • Reunion
  • Too Cold to Love (The Giovanni Clan, #2)
  • The Greek Billionaire and I
  • Passionate Bid (Blue-Eyed Four, #1)
  • Innocent on Her Wedding Night
  • Captured (Vice, Virtue & Video, #2)
  • Alex (The Lawson Boys #1)
  • A Thin Line
  • The Beast Loves Curves (Big Girls And Bad Boys, #2)
  • Desperate Seduction
  • Kristen's Addiction
Sam Crescent is passionate about fiction. She loves a good erotic romance and so it only made sense for her to spread her wings and start writing. She began writing in 2009 and finally got that first acceptance in 2011 by Total-E-Bound.
She loved creating new characters and delving into the worlds that she creates. When she’s not panicking about a story or arguing with a character, she can be foun
More about Sam Crescent...

Unlikely Love (4 books)
  • Blackmailed by the Beast (Unlikely Love, #1)
  • Contract Of Shame (Unlikely Love #2)
  • Seducing Her Beast (Unlikely Love, #4)

“Why do you cal me ‘Petal’?”

“Because a petal is on every flower, and every flower reminds me of you. Everywhere I go, I’l never forget you,”