Start by marking “Betrothed” as Want to Read:
Read Excerpt

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  200 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Young Lady Julia is offered by the king as a war prize to the Duke of Pembridge after her father tries to forcibly take the Duke's land. Worried that she will suffer as a result of his animosity, she runs away dressed as a page, only to unwittingly end up in the very same Duke's army.

Bronson, the Duke of Pembridge, is not fooled by the little page's disguise for a moment,
Published May 5th 2012 by Blushing Books

To ask other readers questions about Betrothed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Betrothed

Sorority Pledge 1 by Daizie DraperPlayful Punishments by John SatisfyBound for Passion by Scarlett FlameUnexpected Consequences by Cara BristolPoor Little Daddy's Girl by Normandie Alleman
Best Spanking Fiction
19th out of 308 books — 206 voters
Pleasing the Colonel by Renee RoseThe Point Of It All by Jade CaryBy His Rules by J.A. RockFalls Chance Ranch by RolfThree Traders by Rolf
The Best of Domestic Discipline (DD) 2012
10th out of 38 books — 59 voters

More lists with this book...

Also on: RoseHartBlog

Published: May 5th 2012 by Blushing Books
Tags: Historical, Erotic, Bdsm, Spanking, Romance
Recommended to: Fans of D/s tales, Historical romances, spanking stories and strongly-written heroes. If you enjoy erotica romances but have never read one containing spanking scenes, this would be a great introduction.
Content warning: BDSM D/s dynamic (Dominant/submissive), spanking, ass play, Nothing too hardcore or taboo.
Reviewed: June 03, 2012
Summary: Loved the characters, loved th
Katy Beth Mckee
Julia is afraid of the marriage that is about to forced on her so she takes off hoping to get to other family members that might help. She is rescued by Bronson who she takes a liking to only to discover he is her intended. While this is a familiar plot line this story is fresh and interesting. From the beginning Bronson is is drawn to her and feels protective of her. He puts himself at risk to stand up for her and try to protect from even the king. Julia despite everything remains strong as wel ...more
Very, very good book about a young princess who is informed she is to marry Bronson, Duke of Pembridge and Earl of Montmore, the sworn enemy of her family after herr father is caught trying to forcibly take his land. She is worried about her future and how she will be treateds so she runs away only to end up being rescued by him while disguised as a boy. Bronson turns out to be a very good guy but certainly strict and expects obedience. Really good spanking scenes all thru this story.
Adaline Raine
This story is entertaining due to the witty comments of the main character Julia and the amusement she brings to the dominant male, Bronson. The descriptions are so vivid and clear that I felt like I was watching a movie.

Great use of detail and believable characters. Literally felt like I was the one trying making life decisions!

All of the conflicts were resolved by the end. Hope that you use these characters for another title in the future.
Sue Lyndon
This was an enjoyable spanking romance novella and my first time reading this author. I thought Betrothed was a well-written and engaging story. Julia and Bronson had great chemistry and I practically swooned at the lengths he goes to protect her from the king. Lovely, lovely story.
Jade Cary
I read this a while back, and felt compelled to read it again. I love historicals, and this one is no exception. Julia has escaped her castle dressed as a page in order to escape her betrothed, an assumed horrible-no good-very bad-man who bested her father and killed him (for reasons I won't give away). Ordered by the king to now marry him, Jules says nothin' doin'and splits. Bronson, the Duke of Pembridge, rescues her from certain death-or worse, not fooled for a minute by her curves, etc. He f ...more
~ Cariad ~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
3.5 for my first historical erotic romance

Never mind Lady Julia, that hundred lashes brought tears to my eyes!!!
Lady Julia ran away to keep from marrying the Duke of Pembridge, unknown to her he found her and helped her. Bronson suspected she wasn't a page, but didn't blow her cover right away. He tried to help her. Julia and Matthias Bronson's real page got into a fight and it was funny. Julia had to rethink things that had happened in her life and Bronson had to try and not be so hard on Julia for messing up.
Patty Devlin

I loved this Book. I loved the Hero and especially loved that we got his POV.

You totally fall in love with these characters, even the minor characters like Mathias.

My only complaint of course was that it had to end. I want more...

I would definitely reread and recommend!
it was actually a good story n entertaining as well but the moral values were too old-fashioned 4me. it was indeed like dat in those times
Janet Juengling-Snell
Another short, awesome story from Renee Rose.
Asma marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Sidhavratha Kumar
Sidhavratha Kumar marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Theresa marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Nancy marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Melissa marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Novelyn marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Lataria marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Syreeta marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Joy Div
Joy Div marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2015
Trenise Cochrane
Trenise Cochrane marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Sara Fields
Sara Fields marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2015
  • A Firm Husband (Wyoming Heat, #1)
  • Disciplining the Duchess
  • False Pretenses (Rod and Cane Society, #2)
  • The Mountain Man
  • Captive's Desire
  • Traditional Love
  • Guardian Domination
  • Kept
  • An Old-Fashioned Man
  • Maintenance Night
Renee Rose / Darling Adams is a naughty author who writes about domination and submission. Winner of Eroticon USA's Next Top Erotic Author, she incorporates her deepest darkest kinky fantasies into fiction. She is passionate about supporting others in accepting and exploring their kink, whatever that may be. Check out her website at, leave a comment and join the conversati ...more
More about Renee Rose...