The Special Scent
read excerpt

The Special Scent

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Ten feet of space isn’t much, but it is enough for Arianne to take you into a world of sensuality, of dreamy sex and exotic sensations.

Satisfied with her role as a lover and mother, Arianne is seeking to find her way back into the workplace and be as good at that role as she is elsewhere, but she has some struggles to overcome before that can be the case.

While looking for...more
ebook, ePub Edition, 10 pages
Published May 14th 2012 by Xavier Edwards

Binders Full of Women by Lana CordovaThe Riding School by C.P. MandaraThe Happy Spinster by Karena MarieMid Air Collusion by Charming ManAriana by Charming Man
Best Erotica Shorts
110th out of 390 books — 325 voters
Brie Learns the Art of Submission by Red PhoenixThe William S Club by Riley BanksBrie Submits to Her Master by Red PhoenixBrie Pleases Her New Master by Red PhoenixGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard
Top Self-published Erotica
228th out of 441 books — 645 voters

More lists with this book...

Sassafrass
3.5 stars rounding up to 4

I didn't like this story as much as some of the others I read from this author. I think that it was more because I didn't see so much of the point of all the reminiscing as it pertained to her problem at work. It just seemed like that was thrown in there for the sex factor.

Now don't get me wrong, the sex was hot, but most of it not necessary in my opinion.

However, the story was a nice diversion and certainly held my interest.
* Booksessed * Bec
Book provided by author.
this was an interesting short read about a woman who is getting ready for work and relays some memories in the shower. I would say its mild erotica and a good starter book
Kimberley
Sweet story with erotic flashbacks. Short story makes for a quick read but doesn't skimp on the juicy bits ;-)
Charity
This story didn’t really float my boat. If the author was asked in a creative writing college class to describe in detail the joys of shower sex this story would undoubtedly get an A. The idea of this story is intriguing with the wife thinking how passionate sex with her husband, and then the actual deed, but to a reader it didn’t hold my interest. I didn’t feel a connection with the characters which made all that detail a little boring.
One thing I do want to note it that this is the second boo...more
Deidre Blue
I really enjoyed this. It was well written and engaging with hot characters. The only reason I removed one star is because a lot of the story took place in a flashback. I felt that it removed me just a bit from the characters. I would have liked to have the events happening in real time so that I could connect fully with the action. Other than that, a very enjoyable read, will read this author again.
Donna J
Oct 20, 2012 Donna J rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Donna by: xavier
Shelves: erotica, short
Another well written, fun, short, erotic story.

I like a book blurb, and title, to give me a fair indication of what the story is about......this story was different to what I had anticipated, but alas, the last few pages do wrap up what 'The Special Scent' refers to.

If you like reading about a loving couple and their bathroom/bedroom antic's this short story is for you.
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
I enjoyed reading this one. There isn't any dialog in the story, it's just a woman reliving some of the more wonderful love making sessions between her and her husband. The ending was funny and explains the title of the story.
Nancy
Wow! Hot and sexy right off the bat leaving me wanting more of their story together! I think I'll go take a shower! Keep em coming Xavier!
elle
Another love story, interesting perspective. Leans towards mild erotica. Keep writing, Xavier.
Leta Fisher
It feels like the story is repeating itself. Loved the storyline and the characters.
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
✳✳ Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.
Steelwhisper
Nice little vignette!

Copy provided by the author!
WildFlower3D
WildFlower3D marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Lisa Hill
Lisa Hill is currently reading it
Feb 05, 2014
Adam
Adam is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2014
Jacqui Gallagher
Jacqui Gallagher marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
Laurie Smith
Laurie Smith marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Idayu
Idayu is currently reading it
Dec 13, 2013
Dunia
Dunia marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Rebecca Sng
Rebecca Sng is currently reading it
Oct 21, 2013
Temeika Cincotta-hocking
Temeika Cincotta-hocking marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2013
Silvia Jung
Silvia Jung is currently reading it
Sep 26, 2013
Fadwa Maani
Fadwa Maani is currently reading it
Sep 16, 2013
Evelina Gorski
Evelina Gorski is currently reading it
Sep 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Xavier Edwards (it might be his real name, no one is really sure) has spent his life surrounded by women, and writing. Growing up in rural Australia before the age of the Internet and cable television, there was no better refuge than in books. Any and all genres were absorbed as he and his three sisters grew up far from the hectic pace of the big smoke. The wide expanse of open country and natural...more
More about Xavier Edwards...
A Man for the Season Tied in Knots An Introduction to Sappho The Barista's Heart A Hero's Return