Start by marking “The Special Scent” as Want to Read:
The Special Scent

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

The Special Scent

Ten feet of space isn’t much, but it is enough for Arianne to take you into a world of sensuality, of dreamy sex and exotic sensations.

Satisfied with her role as a lover and mother, Arianne is seeking to find her way back into the workplace and be as good at that role as she is elsewhere, but she has some struggles to overcome before that can be the case.

While looking for
ebook, ePub Edition, 10 pages
Published May 14th 2012 by Xavier Edwards

To ask other readers questions about The Special Scent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Special Scent

Sassafrass
3.5 stars rounding up to 4

I didn't like this story as much as some of the others I read from this author. I think that it was more because I didn't see so much of the point of all the reminiscing as it pertained to her problem at work. It just seemed like that was thrown in there for the sex factor.

Now don't get me wrong, the sex was hot, but most of it not necessary in my opinion.

However, the story was a nice diversion and certainly held my interest.
Kimberley
Jul 30, 2012 Kimberley rated it really liked it
Sweet story with erotic flashbacks. Short story makes for a quick read but doesn't skimp on the juicy bits ;-)
* Booksessed * Bec
Book provided by author.
this was an interesting short read about a woman who is getting ready for work and relays some memories in the shower. I would say its mild erotica and a good starter book
Charity
Aug 01, 2012 Charity rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica
This story didn’t really float my boat. If the author was asked in a creative writing college class to describe in detail the joys of shower sex this story would undoubtedly get an A. The idea of this story is intriguing with the wife thinking how passionate sex with her husband, and then the actual deed, but to a reader it didn’t hold my interest. I didn’t feel a connection with the characters which made all that detail a little boring.
One thing I do want to note it that this is the second boo
Deidre Blue
Jun 20, 2012 Deidre Blue rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this. It was well written and engaging with hot characters. The only reason I removed one star is because a lot of the story took place in a flashback. I felt that it removed me just a bit from the characters. I would have liked to have the events happening in real time so that I could connect fully with the action. Other than that, a very enjoyable read, will read this author again.
Dee
Oct 20, 2012 Dee rated it liked it
Recommended to Dee by: xavier
Shelves: erotica, short
Another well written, fun, short, erotic story.

I like a book blurb, and title, to give me a fair indication of what the story is about......this story was different to what I had anticipated, but alas, the last few pages do wrap up what 'The Special Scent' refers to.

If you like reading about a loving couple and their bathroom/bedroom antic's this short story is for you.
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
I enjoyed reading this one. There isn't any dialog in the story, it's just a woman reliving some of the more wonderful love making sessions between her and her husband. The ending was funny and explains the title of the story.
Nancy
Sep 26, 2013 Nancy rated it it was amazing
Wow! Hot and sexy right off the bat leaving me wanting more of their story together! I think I'll go take a shower! Keep em coming Xavier!
Xavier Edwards
May 24, 2012 Xavier Edwards rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Mia
Mia rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2013
Connie
Connie rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2015
Jianxin
Jianxin rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2014
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2013
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review. ...more
Leta Fisher
Jun 28, 2013 Leta Fisher rated it really liked it
It feels like the story is repeating itself. Loved the storyline and the characters.
Rose
Rose rated it it was ok
Aug 31, 2013
Steelwhisper
Oct 08, 2012 Steelwhisper rated it really liked it
Nice little vignette!

Copy provided by the author!
Nipon Sing
Nipon Sing rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Stacey
Stacey rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2013
Yakima
Yakima rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Vicki

Copy provided by the author.
Jennie Reed
Jennie Reed rated it really liked it
Lisa Hill
Lisa Hill rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2015
Mandy Rocker
Mandy Rocker rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2012
elle
Jul 19, 2012 elle rated it liked it
Another love story, interesting perspective. Leans towards mild erotica. Keep writing, Xavier.
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2012
Reena Laglagaron
Reena Laglagaron marked it as to-read
Kady Mcewan
Kady Mcewan is currently reading it
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Brandi Davis
Brandi Davis is currently reading it
Jun 04, 2012
Heidifernandez
Heidifernandez is currently reading it
Jun 08, 2012
Dallas
Dallas added it
Jun 10, 2012
Juhi
Juhi is currently reading it
Jun 11, 2012
Emily
Emily added it
Jun 13, 2012
Karla
Karla is currently reading it
Jun 14, 2012
Elle
Elle is currently reading it
Jun 16, 2012
Soraya
Soraya is currently reading it
Nafisa
Nafisa is currently reading it
Nasmin
Nasmin added it
Petra Tolf
Petra Tolf marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen is currently reading it
Megan Mccourt
Megan Mccourt marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2012
Maria
Maria is currently reading it
Jun 20, 2012
Snow Flower
Snow Flower is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2012
Weldon Easley
Weldon Easley marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Hazlina Hamdan
Hazlina Hamdan is currently reading it
Jun 26, 2012
Tenni
Tenni added it
Jun 27, 2012
Mitos
Mitos is currently reading it
Jun 30, 2012
Danielle Pilgrim moseley
Danielle Pilgrim moseley marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2012
Ivonne
Ivonne is currently reading it
Jul 02, 2012
Xavier Edwards (it might be his real name, no one is really sure) has spent his life surrounded by women, and writing. Growing up in rural Australia before the age of the Internet and cable television, there was no better refuge than in books. Any and all genres were absorbed as he and his three sisters grew up far from the hectic pace of the big smoke. The wide expanse of open country and natural ...more
More about Xavier Edwards...