Start by marking “A Passionate Marriage ” as Want to Read:
A Passionate Marriage

A Passionate Marriage (Hot-Blooded Husbands #5)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  472 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Leandros married Isobel on the crest of a wild affair. But, within a year, the marriage crashed and burned. Three years on and Leondros wants to finalize their divorce. But face-to-face with Isobel, Leandros is in for a shock: their all-consuming mutual attraction is just as strong as ever! Suddenly his plan has changed, and he's ready to tame his headstrong wife...whateve...more
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #2307, 192 pages
Published March 2003 by Harlequin (first published February 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Passionate Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Passionate Marriage

EeeJay
Feb 24, 2011 EeeJay rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: hqn
Honestly - it seems these days that ALL the foreign-guy, british-lady stories I'm reading have the same theme - love @1st sight - trouble from in-laws - miscarried babies blah blah blah...

There was so much inconsistency between the H/H that it just became BORING! even though they meet after 3 years, its still just physical stuff b/w them and no real emotional depth is shown - the hero just takes the heroine 'there' after every scene which is, frankly, annoying.....

I already read Dark Fate (Chatl...more
Jenny
Loved this book. This marriage was definitely passionate and full of misunderstandings and other ppl who tried to ruin the couple's happiness. Both H/h were likable and fierce and vulnerable and very much in love with each other.

They both made mistakes, they both realized their mistakes and they managed to save their marriage. The ending was kind of abrupt though and the lack of an epilogue was disappointing.
Kay
Feb 15, 2012 Kay rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: print
I originally read this book in May 2007. I've reviewed this book on Amazon November 2007 I am attempting to post all of my reviews (since 2006) here to GoodReads.

5 Stars! ~ Three years before, Isobel left Greece heartbroken and emotionally battered. Marrying Leandros Petronades had been like a fairy tale until she met the cold reality of the Greek upper crust and then every move she made was ridiculed and deemed totally inappropriate by her husband's family. But Isobel's fiery stubbornness woul...more
Bookivore
❤❤❤❤♡

Very good book. I loved the characters, they were both passionate, stubborn, fiery and so in love. The author gave both Isobel and Leandros the perfect balance between strenght and vulnerability.

One of the scenes I really liked was the one on the balcony when Isobel confessed her love to Leandros (beautiful name, by the way).

What I enjoyed the most in this story was the fact that the characters already loved each other so much. It was not a lack of love that separated them, it was a lack of...more
Srisurang
4.5 ต่อนักเขียนคนเดิมอีกเรื่อง แนวน้ำเพาะยุงแบบแท้ๆ พล็อตกลับมาคืนดีกันหลังจากแยกกันอยู่ ชอบเล่มนี้มากกว่าอีกเล่มหน่อยค่ะ เพราะชอบนิสัยทั้งพระเอกนางเอกเลย น่ารักดี นางเอกจะเปรียว แก่น ชอบทำเก่ง ปากเก่งไว้ก่อน แต่ที่จริงใจอ่อน พระเอกก็เป็นหนุ่มมั่น ชอบต่อปากต่อคำและอำนางเอกบ้าง ขี้หึงนิดๆ แต่กล้าพูด และพูดจาโดนใจหลายๆ ฉากค่ะ แนวเบากว่าเรื่องก่อน ไม่บีบหัวใจมากนัก มีดราม่าบ้าง อ่านสนุกสำหรับสไตล์นี้ค่ะ ชอบฉากที่กลับมาเจอกันครั้งแรกตอนต้นเรื่อง ที่นัดทนายจะมาคุยเรื่องหย่า แล้วทำเอาทนายทั้งสองฝ่ายเห...more
Lady Jaye
One of my most favorite HPs ever! Leandros is also possibly one of my top three HP heroes too. He is not overbearing (well, not as overbearing) and not mean. Isobel is def one of the top 3 HP heroeines i've read about.
Dee
Isobel's shout, scream and run attitude starting wearing a bit thin in the end
Penny Watson
4/4.5 stars

I really liked this one! I'm sure I'll be re-reading it soon.
Baseballmom
BUCKLE UP!.......d;)

Holy Molly, there are so many twists and turns and ups and downs, it's like a rollercoaster ride! The H and h are a hard loving couple whose relationship is incendiary, one is gas, the other a match; the who's who depends on where you're at in the book. Throw in some jealousy, nasty interfering in-laws, lack of communication, and youthful, misguided expectations of love and marriage, and you're in for quite a ride. Fasten your seat belt; it's fast paced and thoroughly engross...more
Missy
A very passionate read full of love & an interferring family plus a very devious woman in the shadows with designs on the hero. But once they meet again to finalize their divorce passion explodes & the husband realizes he still loves his wife & wants her back. His shows fierce determination in getting her back & does not give up.
KatieV
I was hooked for the first half of the book. I loved the heat of the first meeting after 3 years and the misunderstanding and passion. Then it kind of went stale for me. They realized the mistakes made on both sides before their separation, started to communicate honestly, mended fences with family and other things far too quickly for my taste and I lost interest, knowing where it was all headed. I think the 'I love you' came about halfway through. That sort of blew the tension for me and the he...more
C
All the bickering was just exhausting!
Tizah
really enjoyed reading it....!!!
Rae T
I absolutely LOVED this book.

I read other books that Michelle Reid wrote, and I have to say, it's either a hit or miss. This one was most definitely a hit. I loved the passion between the hero and the heroine. I loved that the hero could see through the heroine's feelings and how jealous and possessive he can be. The heroine was definitely NOT a doormat. The only thing I didn't like about this book was that there were times when so many misunderstandings happened, fights ensued and it just got...more
Tishke
I couldn't put it down. It was angsty almost to the last page. I liked this book was because the lead characters started to really communicate. Their issues were not solved in between the sheets as it is in many other books. The story had a clear finality with no hanging loose thread. I might not have been able to identify with the lead characters, but I was given enough information that I could understand where they came from and why they made certain choices.
Claire
Notes to self:

1. excellent beginning: in a leather suit, out-to-dazzle heroine meets husband to begin divorce proceedings.

2. middle: solid B. hero trying to understand her insecurities. heroine getting over her diva propensities. sexual drama however detracts from the story. (Okay already! We get it; they're dogs.)

3. ending: clumsy. poor execution of evil OW angle.
Leona
This was definitely not one of Michelle Reid's better books. I really could not warm up the H/h...both seemed very self-centered and the heroine was extremely immature.

It was barely a 2 star read.
Nicole
Spoiled, immature heroine, an ass of a "hero" and a ridiculous plot: had I not received this as part of a bundle Kindle purchase, I would have been PISSED to waste $3.50 on this.
Carmen
Loved the red hot chemistry between these characters as well as how both of them were trying to rise above all the sniping which plagued their first year of marriage. Well done!!
Adriana
I wanted to read this because I love books about second chances, I enjoyed it.

I don't think I could be as forgiving as the heroine in this book was...
Esra
Uzun zamandır bu kadar kötü bir harlequin romanı okumamıştım.. Nasıl almış 3.95 puanı yaa anlamadım bize çevrilirken oldu herhalde bişiler :S
Mydearloverboy
really loved this!!they definitely do have a "passionate marriage";p
5+++ stars!!
Marites
May 06, 2012 Marites rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
This was a great quick read, I like that the couple had a fiesty relatioship.
Famma
It was full of suspense and melodrama. It was Ok spare time read.
Ladyacct
Really good book from beginning to end. Nice entertaining story.
Gwen
J'ai adoré !
Une petite perle! Je l'ai dévoré !
Surya
Surya marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
  • Damiano's Return
  • The Greek Tycoon's Unexpected Wife (In the Greek Tycoon's Bed) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #6)
  • Aristides' Convenient Wife  (A Mediterranean Marriage #9)
  • Breaking Point (Harlequin Presents, #1433)
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2 & Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby (Harlequin Presents, #2895)
  • Public Wife, Private Mistress (Italian Husbands)
  • A Whirlwind Marriage
  • The Greek Tycoon's Virgin Wife
Hi, my name is Michelle Reid and I’ve been writing for Harlequin Mills & Boon for the last twenty years, and the crazy part about it is that I only realised it had been twenty years while updating this page!

So, hang on for a minute while I take this huge milestone in....

Twenty years with almost forty books published or in the pipeline ... I know it isn’t a great average when compared with some...more
More about Michelle Reid...
Gold Ring of Betrayal The Ultimate Betrayal The Price of a Bride Mia and the Powerful Greek (The Balfour Brides, #1) Marchese's Forgotten Bride