Start by marking “Spirits and Spells (Chamber of Horrors #2)” as Want to Read:
Spirits and Spells (Chamber of Horrors #2)

Spirits and Spells (Chamber of Horrors #2)

Trying out their new haunted house game, Spirits and Spells, in the creaky old Gulbrandsen place seemed like a cool idea to Travis, Tansy and their friends.
That was before they found out what was in the attic...and the basement...and everywhere in between.
Published April 1st 1996 by Archway Paperbacks (first published December 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Spirits and Spells, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spirits and Spells

Angela
Jan 01, 2016 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the Twilight, Where Darkness Begins... books. I love them all really, of the ones I got to read, however, this one in particular touched me, and I absolutely LOVE this book.

"Ever since Gerry picked up "Spirits and Spells" at a gaming conveniton, it has been his obsession. And what better place to act out a fantasy-role playing game than the old Gulbrandsen place, and abandoned house rumored ot be haunted by the ghost of a murdered servant girl?

A storm shatters the darkness the
Carrie
Apr 06, 2009 Carrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, juvie
This was one of my favorite books as a kid. I loved all the books in the "Twilight" series (no not the vampire series) and this was the first one I picked up. There was another series that came out around the same time that was very similar... horror stories for kids. I can't remember the name of that series but I loved all those stories.
Jeff
Aug 03, 2015 Jeff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Almost 30 years ago... but I remember how much I loved this book. Since my brother was into D&D, it helped me to appreciate and enjoy it that much more. Apparently it was re-released twice by the author, so that hopefully says something about its longevity. It's also the next book on my 9 year old's list - whether he knows it or not!
Kathy Chung
Oct 27, 2015 Kathy Chung rated it it was ok
for me this book is not one of his best work.

the beginning and ending felt a bit abrupt. the flow not as smooth as his ither works.

as i was getting used to thw kids have their own powes, the story seems to changed and that spirits from a bygone era trying to free themselves using the kids. it's just not so smooth.
Freshy
Nov 04, 2014 Freshy rated it liked it
tsk tsk... i expected too much. wala man lang twist!!! hahaiz sayang gwapo pa naman ang concept. but i still enjoyed it.
John
Jan 04, 2016 John rated it really liked it
The Twilight and Dark Forces series which both came out in the early 80's were my introduction to horror and supernatural books as a pre-teen. I still love to read this type of horror. There's little character development but these two series are always a quick and fun read. I have about 20 of the two series and will come back to more of these series at some point this year.
Angela
Nov 03, 2008 Angela rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone that liks surprize and suspension
this is one of the best books i heve ever read! thee kids decide to try out a new game called spirits an spells in this old abandond house. its a scavenger hunt, little did they know the game and porops would become real.
Cari
Aug 12, 2011 Cari rated it really liked it
This was my favorite book when I was a kid! I got it at a flea market, and I've read it countless times. It's not exactly "literature", but it sure did it for me!
Carrie
Dec 23, 2008 Carrie rated it it was amazing
This was the first book that my dad officially bought for me and started my love for reading, especially scary books and mysteries!
Jennifer Mary G
Loved this book as a kid! I remember reading it more than once. Just the right amount of scary/spooky.
Misty Bradley
Misty Bradley rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2016
Chelle
Chelle marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2016
Lainie
Lainie marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Dubravko
Dubravko rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Johnny Carruthers
Johnny Carruthers marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Glen Farrelly
Glen Farrelly rated it really liked it
May 27, 2016
Cek  virabey
Cek virabey marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Meredith
Meredith marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Kristal
Kristal marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Shakirariks
Shakirariks marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Vitor Mendes
Vitor Mendes marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Jeremy Lamastus
Jeremy Lamastus marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Alysa
Alysa rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Marijan
Marijan rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Julia
Julia added it
Sep 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Chamber of Horrors (4 books)
  • Amulet of Doom (Twilight: Where Darkness Begins #24)
  • Eyes of the Tarot (Dark Forces #9)
  • Waiting Spirits (Dark Forces #11)