Start by marking “Winter Wonders (Anthology)” as Want to Read:
Winter Wonders (Anthology)

Winter Wonders (Anthology)

Filled with short stories from several different genres, this anthology will host a plethora of fantastical creatures and characters. The list of participating authors is an amazing one filled with award winning and acclaimed authors.

All proceeds of this novel will go toward a remarkable charity that fights illiteracy and encourages young people to read.
Paperback, First Edition, 340 pages
Published December 2012 by Compass Press

To ask other readers questions about Winter Wonders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter Wonders

Jen*The Geeky Book Gal*
Let me start off by saying, I don't usually gravitate towards short story collections. I usually feel if the story was good, it could have been a novel in its own right and been better. However, when I heard that one of my favorite Young Adult writers, Christine Fonseca had a short story in this collection with more backstory on the seers from her Lacrimosa saga, I had to buy it and am glad I did.

The stories I enjoyed the most from this collection definitely were the ones I recognized had novels
Sylvia
Before I begin this review, I wish to thank Heather McCorkle for providing me with a ecopy of this book. She is so generous and I'm honoured to have been chosen to read this for review.

This collection of short stories are so wonderfully written and amazingly captivating. They will accommodate any tastes and what's even great is that the remarkable anthology has a common theme throughout. Winter. When I think of winter I think of snuggling up on my couch with a great book and a mug of chai latte
Heather McCorkle
May 18, 2012 Heather McCorkle rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is a very unique anthology filled with genres to suit every taste, all tied together with a winter theme. You'll find everything from contemporary love stories, tragedies, and triumphs to steampunk cyborgs, dystopian worlds, and dragons. I laughed, I cried, I shivered, I cheered. An amazing group of authors coming together for an amazing cause (the entire profits from the sales go to a literacy charity, how cool is that?!). Now I've got to go get all these authors' other books!
F.J.R. Titchenell
Dec 06, 2012 F.J.R. Titchenell rated it it was amazing
A multi-author short story anthology that can hold up as a whole is something truly rare and special, and I’d go so far as to call Winter Wonders the best I’ve read. I’ll freely admit that I bought it for the entries by fellow Literary Counsel authors Tina Moss and Yelena Casale, and it would have been well worth it just for those, but the collection really is rock solid from beginning to end.

For the sake of space, I’ve narrowed down (with difficulty and in order of appearance rather than prefer
Jennifer Cepero
Dec 26, 2012 Jennifer Cepero rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this collection of short stories. I think you should all go read it!! I think there was a lot of diversity in it. There are paranormal stories and even true to life stories.

My favorite stories were:

The Definition of Insanity by Anne Riley
As You Are by Crystal Salmen ... seriously had me feeling so much towards the main character.
Enigma by Christine Fonseca
At Least It's Snowing by Jen Stayrook ... WOW!
The Fat Files by Jodi Burrus
Pink Snow by Krissi Dallas
The Sound of Snow by Jam
Christine Fonseca
May 18, 2012 Christine Fonseca rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: 2012-reads
I had a chance to read several of the stories in the anthology before this was all put together, and I have to say - everyone is in for a real treat. There is a story for every reader here, and they are excellent. WOOT!!!
As for my story, it's a companion to the Requiem Series, and a chance to tell a story I've been wanting to tell for a while...
Judith Graves
Jul 05, 2012 Judith Graves rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Tis the season for giving and that is the intent behind Winter Wonders. Was an honour to join such a solid roster of talented authors for this charity anthology - all proceeds go to Literacy Inc. Enjoy wintery tales with heart!
Winter Sophia Rose
Mar 31, 2015 Winter Sophia Rose rated it it was amazing
Captivating, Poetic & Haunting! I Loved It! A Wonderful Read!
Carrie
Once Upon A Dream Books

*Definition of Insanity: (4/5) Pretty cute. If there was more, I'd read it.
*Degenerate: (3/5) Interesting concept, but I don't know.
*Screwing Up Mongolia: (DNF) Part of series and I was completely lost. Also thought the main character was a girl for quite a bit.
*As You Are: (3/5) Cute but I am highly annoyed by what motivates her at the end.
*Enigma: (DNF) Another series novella that made me feel like I was missing something major.
*At Least It's Snow: (2/5) Eh.
*Steadfast Steam Soldier: (3/5) Eh.
Rhiannan G
Dec 11, 2012 Rhiannan G rated it really liked it
I found myself liking all the stories! [Which is rare.] I really loved this collection of short stories. I think there was a lot of diversity in it. There are paranormal stories and even true to life stories.

My favorite stories was A Piece of Blue String

I especially liked the more relistic stories.
Dokoohyar Ahmadipour
Dokoohyar Ahmadipour rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2013
Jodi
Nov 09, 2012 Jodi rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Victoria
Victoria rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
Megan Carpenter
Megan Carpenter rated it really liked it
May 23, 2012
Tina Moss
May 18, 2012 Tina Moss rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: wrote-it
Krissy
Krissy rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2013
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2014
Michelle Barker
Michelle Barker rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2014
Karen
Sep 19, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shinnra
Shinnra rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2012
Myndie Mcfarland
Myndie Mcfarland rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2012
Crystal
Crystal rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2012
Anne
May 18, 2012 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Amy
Amy rated it did not like it
Mar 27, 2015
Barbara M. Capitell
Barbara M. Capitell rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2015
Alexandra Shostak
Jan 12, 2013 Alexandra Shostak rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2013
T.S.
Jan 03, 2013 T.S. rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2016
Rosalynn Swofford
Rosalynn Swofford rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2013
Q&A with Christin...: Companion Series???? 9 14 Jan 18, 2013 08:55PM
  • Two Versions of the Same Song (Aintree Tales #2)
  • Mayan Blood (The Stone Legacy, #1)
  • Guardian of Time (Shardwell, #2)
  • Rematch (Vortex, #1)
  • Back To You
  • To Ride a Púca
  • Blood of the Sorcerer  (The Kingdom Chronicles #2)
  • The Stone Guardian
  • A Floating World
  • Unholy Death
  • When Silver Moons Rise (Lost Immortals, #2)
  • Echo of an Earth Angel (Earth Angel Trilogy, #1)
  • The Spread: A Zombie Short Story Collection
  • Flash Fiction International: Very Short Stories from Around the World
  • Best Women's Erotica 2014
  • Absence: Erotic Poetry - Extruded Through Lust
  • Quest of the Demon
  • Crossing The Border
I design book covers for Entangled Publishing.
More about Alexandra Shostak...

“I’m not certain what I notice first, the bright flickering light that illuminates the darkness underneath my eyelids, or the shrill screams that pull me form the dredges of sleep. Either way, I’m awake. And afraid.” 2 likes
“For every field planted and grown, for every tree rekindled from their rotting root beds, comes that ancient instinct, that hunger for acceptance, for love, for allegiance. It is a poison greater than any we had sown into the earth.” 2 likes