Start by marking “Someone to Watch Over Me : A Novel” as Want to Read:

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  5,445 ratings  ·  200 reviews
Someone to Watch Over Me : A Novel
Published February 18th 2003 by Atria Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Someone to Watch Over Me , please sign up.

Lydia Fred I am Lydia Fred i lives in united states and i was in a serious relationship with my Ex Guy for 3 good years.. One day we were in a dinner party, we…moreI am Lydia Fred i lives in united states and i was in a serious relationship with my Ex Guy for 3 good years.. One day we were in a dinner party, we had a little misunderstanding which lead to a Quarrel and he stood up and left me at the dinner party. i try to call him but he was not picking my calls so after than i contacted my brother and told him about it,my brother so much love me that he had to see him on my behalf,he told my brother that it is over between us. I cry all day, Then i contacted a friend of mine that had this similar experience and she directed me to Dr.Azuka, and i contacted him and tell him my problems how i lost my relationship with my lover. at first i thought it was not going to be possible.i was ask to come up with a little requirement information of me and my Ex Guy,so i did what i was ask to do, after 24Hours the spell was cast i was in my office when my Ex Guy called me and was asking me to forgive him and come back to him. i was very surprise it was like a dream to me. my ex is now back and he treat me very good. and our relationship is now stronger ask ever before. if you are act there looking for help is time for you to still put your hope on dr. azuka love spell, i promise you that you will be happy with your ex again email him. Greatazukalovespell@gmail.com or greatazukalovespell@yahoo.com tell +2348071398555.http://greatazukalovespell.webs.com(less)

Barbara M.
5 Stars...and most of you know I don't throw that out all to often...

This brilliant author just has it! She can write a book that reads like a movie and there are never any uncomfortable reading pauses... her style is flawless. "Someone to Watch Over Me" was filled with grand surprises, grand adventure and out of this world love. From page one you know you're in for a delicious ride.

"Michael watched her walk away. Did he mind waiting an hour for her?
Not at all.
He'd been waiting years for her."

T
Sophie ♥
I thought I might type up a review quickly for this one before I start a new book. So...

There are two things you need to know about this book
1. I would classify this as crime fiction not romance
2. There are essentially two main characters. We read Leigh's story but in between you'll read just as much about Sam (the female detective who is assigned to the case)

Before I started reading this I had mixed expectations. The reviews for this book hardly provoked any excitement but because it was Judith
Melody
I love Judith McNaught but I didn't recognised her style here. The beginning was a bit boring and I struggled to get into the story. Moreover the relationship betwen Michael and Leigh took too long to start (almost 200 pages if I remember correctly). Both characters were likeable but they won't be engraved in my memory as Judith McNaught's other couples.
Zumbagirl
After many years of not reading books regularly, I started reading again and it was sparked by McNaught. I didn't even know she had two new books that had been published - Every Breath You Take and this one. So I anxiously grabbed a copy and read it. I really enjoyed this book!!!
This is a murder-mystery and two love stories - many people complain about that in novels, but I actually liked it in this book. The heroine, Leigh, is a famous actress, works in NYC on Broadway. Her husband has gone mi
Alison
So good! Got two stories in one...love Mack and Michael!
ElaineY
REVIEW OF ABRIDGED AUDIO: FEBRUARY 23, 2014: 2 STARS

I liked the book even more this time - 11 years since I last read it!

Why 2 stars, then? Because this is an abridged version and missing the secondary romance between McCord and Sam. McCord is the hotshot lead investigator assigned to the Logan murder case and Sam is the newbie cop who is put in his team.

I specifically picked this title for my oldies reread because I recall liking the secondary romance very much. If you've never read this book
Baneen
Nihan
İlk başlarda konu itibariyle çok hoşuma gitmişti ama ilerledikçe gözlerimi bıkkınlıkla devirmeme sebep olan çok sahne oldu. Bir kere hiçbir karakteri sevmedim. Belki Samantha hariç. Leigh aptalın teki. Nasıl farkına varmaz onca şeyin çok mantıksız. Logan'a diyecek laf bulamıyorum, midesiz. Valente her ne kadar aşık adam gibi gözümüze sokulmaya çalışılsa da bence takıntılı manyağın teki. Hele Leigh'in sapıklık olayını hemen unutması ayrı bir saçmalık.

Katil olarak 2 kişi vardı aklımda. Birini tut
Beverlin
I was somewhat biased towards this book due to the endless negative remarks and reviews I read. I ignored it for a long time until I finally decided to leave aside the comments and have my own opinion of book as a priority .Judith Mcnaught once again encapsulated my heart with her unending humor and profound love.

My only advice to whoever reads this review is to be flexible, casting aside other's comments, and producing your own true opinion of this book. I did it, and it I was able to see beyo
mad4rombks
Kathy Davie
Fourth in the Second Opportunity romantic-suspense series. The couple focus in this story is Michael Valente and Leigh Kendall.

My Take
What can I say, it's a McNaught. I love her work. She may be formulaic, but she does write a good story that kept me entranced and racing through the pages. A woman's life is turned upside down and threatened and from the background comes her white knight to save the day.

McNaught always has her underdog and in this case, the love of this good woman has sustained
Christine
I was excited to learn of a Judith McNaught book out there that I had missed reading when I ran through all of her stuff a few years ago. I consider her the master of romance, many of her stories have touched me deeply and stayed with me for years. (Many romance novels, even good ones, tend to be forgettable in the grand scheme of things.)

The trouble with this book is that it isn't a romance. Oh, there are some couples getting together, but it's basically a mystery novel. And I don't want to jud
Michelle Kelly
This wasn't a typical Judith McNaught romance book. In fact, calling it a romance book is a stretch. It was suspense mystery with a wee tad bit of a couple getting together. I am not a huge fan of suspense mystery especially when I was expecting the normal Judith McNaught style, however it was nice to read the author doing something a bit different.

Usually there is a grevious misunderstanding between the main couple in the story but this time the misunderstanding is between the police and the c
Margie
I absolutely love Judith McNaught's novels so I bought this book without even glancing to see what it was about. I was disappointed to discover that it was more mystery than romance. In fact, for the first sixty pages or so, I kept thinking I should have waited for the paperback version. Fortunately, I hung in there. Once I accepted that this was not going to be one of McNaught's typical love stories, I focused on THIS book and began to enjoy it.
The characters were likeable and well developed. I
ஐ Canan ஐ `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._
ya valla ana karakterden ziyade yan karakterleri merak ederek okudum..
judith olmasa belki daha çok severdim ama bu hikaye yakışmamış ablamıza...
Shxrxn
In order to be a good liar, you've got to have a good memory.
- Shrader
Some of the most unkind, judgmental people I've ever known go to church every Sunday and read the Bible. I don't know how some people are able to disassociate their own cruelty and shortcomings from their religious obligations and convictions, but many are able to do that.
- Sam
Everything wrong I've ever done has always seemed like the right thing to do at the time.
- Courtney
Anger is nothing but self-inflicted torture.
- Michael
Yuni
When I read this book somehow I can see it play in front of me. How much I hate hate Logan. How tight I want to give Leigh a hug. How much I want to kiss Falco on his cheeks. How hard I want to kick the police team for being such an ass. Maybe in between all the Second Opportunities series, I like Paradise the most because it is the first book I read in the series but each of it....I LOVE IT. Thank you, Judith. Please give us a new book. I heard she will release a new book this year. Good then b ...more
İlkim
Sanki kitabı Judith değil de Nora yazmmış gibi.
Marielle
This is a suspense thriller: it revolves around the solving of a murder by the policy and the primary suspects for the murder. The romance is there, but not as prominent as I expected, undortunately. So that took some adjusting while reading it. Another adjustment was that the focus of this book is split on the suspects (Major focus) and the police (minor focus) with two romances developing within these focusgroups and with a lot of attention to the clues etc for the murder instead of on the rom ...more
Shahzaib Laleka
This review won't make much sense unless you've read the book. This is the first Judith McNaught book I read. Not sure if I'll read another one. When I started reading this book, I had a lot of expectations and this book didn't live up to them. Now let me begin my review.
This book reads like a movie. Yeah, That's true. However, when the "big reveal" occurs, the scene that follows is so much like a screenplay for a movie that it's ridiculous. (view spoiler)
Elena
Ok, maybe this book actually deserves more than 3* but I just wasted half an hour out of my life trying to figure out how come this book had 500 pages, but my audio book is only 5 hours long and seems to be missing so much! Sooo, finally i realized the audiobook is abridged (first time i'm listening to anything abridged - why do people do this?! you miss half the book! or if you don't - that means that the book is too long and full of useless parts to begin with)...Anyways, couldn't find the UNa ...more
Esra
Yer yer beni sıkan ama 215. sayfasından sonra daha bir zevkle okuduğum bir kitaptı..
Valente'nin bunda payı büyük tabi..
Sam ve Mack karakterlerinin de yardımı olmadı dersem haksızlık etmiş olurum :D
Kalia  Lewis
Judith McNaught is an excellent writer.

This book could easily be a movie. It also plays out as a movie in your mind as you read it.

There are a few twists and turns that keep you guessing. The only downside is that it's not presently available as an ebook.
Latoya
I read this book a long time ago and I still remember the story. (Thanks to Goodreads, I now remember the title and author)
There are moments in the novel that have stayed with me. That, in my opinion, is the true testament of a book.
Leigh is the hurt heroine and Michael sweeps in and takes care of her. I loved the scene where he is sits in the living room, while she is recuperating in the bedroom, unaware of his presence. But he stays just to ensure her safety.
Even the secondary characters were
Kim
Enjoyable "Murder Mystery" and romance novel. I enjoyed a relaxing read, my only thought was I wouldn't have minded a little more hot romance but I used my imagination.....
Songül
Klasik JM duygusallığında ve naifliğinde bir polisiye :) ama buna rağmen hala aynı güzelliği bulmakta yazarın becerisi .. Yazarı özlemişim ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Amy
This reads like a cautionary tale of what happens when you choose the wrong man. In Leigh's case, the wonderful husband she thought she was married to for thirteen years turned out to be a (view spoiler) ...more
HÜLYA
Olamaz bitti ve muhteşemdi yine...Bu romanın arkasından ne okuyabilirim ki ?!!!!!
B&p
รู้สึกว่าเรื่องไม่เป็นเอกภาพเลยค่ะ คนเยอะ เรื่องแยะ หลายมุมมอง แย่งซีนตัวเอก อย่างคู่ตำรวจงี้ มาสืบคดีอย่างเดียวก็พอมั้ง ไม่ต้องมากิ๊กมากั๊กอะไรกัน ไม่อยากรู้อ้ะ อยากรู้เรื่องพระนาง เรื่องอดีตของคนทั้งคู่ อยากซึมซับดื่มด่ำบ้างไรงี้ คือมันโรแมนติกมากนะกับสิ่งที่พระเอกทำให้นางเอก เราอยากรู้ว่าเขาผ่านเวลา 14 ปีนั้นมาได้อย่างไร เม่ื่อต้องตัดขาดกับนางเอก ไต่เต้าตัวเองมาอย่างไรจนเป็นคนที่มีอำนาจมีเงินทองแบบนี้ หรือเรื่องสามีนางเอก โลแกนทำอะไรบ้างในอดีตก่อนเขาจะหายตัวไป/ตายไป มีความขัดแย้งกับใครไหม คนน ...more
Kara Jorges
Like other Judith McNaught novels I’ve read, this one takes awhile to get going, but once it does it cruises along nicely. It begins with a near tragedy on a snowy road as Broadway actress Leigh Manning crashes her car. Leigh had been on her way to meet her husband of 13 years, Logan Manning. Logan, eager to show off a new mountain property he had bought, urged Leigh to meet him there. While following Logan’s unorthodox directions, Leigh gets caught in a blizzard and goes off the road. When Leig ...more
  • Slow Burn (Buchanan-Renard, #5)
  • Almost Heaven by Judith McNaught | Summary & Study Guide
  • Shades of Twilight
  • Remember Summer
  • Sweet Liar
  • Revenge at Bella Terra (Bella Terra Deception, #2)
  • Shadows at Sunset
  • Bonds of Hope (Wicked Play, #4)
  • Beyond Eden
You can find Judith McNaught in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorjudith...

Judith McNaught is a #1 New York Times Best-Selling Author, with more than forty million copies of her novels in print, in over eighty countries and more than thirty languages. She was also the first female executive producer at a CBS radio station. McNaught is credited with inventing the modern Regency Historical ro
More about Judith McNaught...
A Kingdom of Dreams (Westmoreland, #1) Paradise (Second Opportunities, #1) Whitney, My Love (Westmoreland Saga, #2) Almost Heaven (Sequels, #3) Something Wonderful (Sequels, #2)

“‎People who talk less frequently notice more.” 102 likes
“Some of the most unkind,judgmental people I've ever known go to church every Sunday and read the Bible.
I don't know how some people are able to
disassociate their own cruelty and shortcomings from their religious obligations and convictions, but many are able to do that.”
21 likes