Start by marking “Love Recipe, Volume 01” as Want to Read:
Love Recipe, Volume 01

Love Recipe, Volume 01 (Love Recipe #1)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  195 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Tomonori Ozawa has just landed his dream job at a large publishing firm. The only catch is, he is the new editor of a Boy’s Love magazine! With that, comes the responsibility of managing Sakurako Kakyoin, a male yaoi artist who is notorious for missing his deadlines. To become a full–fledged editor, Tomonori-kun has to start from the bottom – checking drafts, editing scrip ...more
Published June 13th 2007 by Digital Manga Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Love Recipe, Volume 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Recipe, Volume 01

MissAnnThrope
08 January 2013

Rating: * * * 1/2

description

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I should have known I was in for a good time when I saw the parental advisory warning on the cover. Love Recipe, Volume 01 manages to be completely adorable and vile all at the same time.

You need to be open-minded and have a sense of humor to read yaoi because love and rape go hand in hand in these types of books.

This series really does moe well. I thought Ozawa was so sweet and especially loved
Isana
This book takes the yaoi equation rape=love to a new confusing level, but in a cute way.

Featuring a super cute story and lovely character personalities, Love Recipe takes stereotypical yaoi to a level. It features the classic clueless and confused uke and common rape=love equation. It is actually so blatant in the story that it makes you look twice because at first it seems like a dream. However, it does not take an angst-y turn. The fact that it was rape is actually completely ignored, even by
Mistina
It's a yaoi manga parodying it's own genre!

While you have the stereotypical yaoi romance it's totally owning up to the genre's cliches with a little behind the scenes look at the work that goes into a manga. Don't know how accurate the latter is but the former is spot on!

My favorite part is when the 'uke' couldn't figure out what fonts to use in the manga so the 'seme' jumps him (consent is a huge issue, but it's an issue in the genre as a whole so I like to think of the lack of consent in this
Andrea Wood
For those who enjoy good comedy and are conversant with manga fandom, this is a fun romp. Yaoi, for those not in the know, is a genre of Japanese manga dealing with homoerotic m/m relationships. Love Recipe is a self-reflexive narrative that examines some of the more humorous elements of yaoi/BL fandom--from thinks like "moe," fangirls, seme/uke dynamics, and yaoi manga creation and production. I found myself laughing quite a bit while reading this light-hearted and cute narrative. Kirico Higash ...more
Sara
Bow chicka wow wow!

This was my first boy-boy erotica manga. There were some funny parts but I also found some of the parts disturbing (the rape). This was definitely for a mature audience (it even has a parental advisory/explicit content label on the front). I'm not opposed to reading further in the series, but I'm not desperate to either. I felt it was just full of sex (not the problem) and lacked a plot (this was the problem).
Niji.kaben
When I first looked at this manga I had no idea what Yaoi was, but after thinking that the summary was interesting. I decided I'll give it a try. I love every bit of this manga, the characters, story plot, and the humor that makes you think of how fun it is to learn how to work harder at your job.
Annchan Maulana
Its an Adult Manga about sexually harassing that happened to Tomonori Ozawa that has just landed a job at a large publishing firm, that catch by the new editor of a Boy's Love magazine!

Originaly review by AnnChan ^^
cecily
This is a cute manga,but I do believe that it could have started off a bit more slowly plot wise. Other than that the relationship between the two main characters seems to be plausible and realistic.
Dotson
I adore this manga, it as so cute and funny and you most defintatly fall in love with the characters.
Reader17 Der
This was a really cute B/L story. I enjoyed reading it.
Denicemarcell
don't recall it am re-reading April 2012.
Didi
Nonstop giggles! :-)
Emma H
Emma H added it
May 27, 2015
Stephanie Frye
Stephanie Frye marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Shinori
Shinori marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Sarah added it
Apr 11, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
  • Yakuza In Love, Volume 1
  • Brother

Love Recipe (2 books)
  • Love Recipe, Volume 02
Love Recipe, Volume 02 INVOKE 射程範囲 [Syatei Hani] Gorgeous Heart Raspberry Crisis