Start by marking “Five Classic Murder Mysteries: The Secret Adversary / The Murder of Roger Ackroyd / The Boomerang Clue / The Moving Finger / Death Comes as the End” as Want to Read:

The Box Contains:
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
- The Secret Adversary
- The Boomerang Clue
- The Moving Finger
- Death Comes as the End
Published December 12th 1988 by Random House Value Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Five Classic Murder Mysteries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five Classic Murder Mysteries

Bea Alden
Dec 22, 2008 Bea Alden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
The books included in this compendium include The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, The Secret Adversary, The Boomerang Clue, The Moving Finger, Death Comes as the End. One or two of Christie's various famous sleuths feature in each book. As always, the plots were engrossing, and each one has a satisfactory denouement.
Lisa (Harmonybites)
Apr 23, 2010 Lisa (Harmonybites) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mystery Lovers
The Secret Adversary is only the second novel Christie ever published and is thus the first chronologically, but it doesn't make for a strong start. If this had been my first Christie novel, I might never have read another. This is the first "Tommy and Tuppence" adventure. Christie didn't write as many mysteries with them as Hercule Poirot or Miss Marple, but she did write several, and unlike those detectives they aged from book to book--from young twenty-something flappers to aged married partn ...more
Serena
the Boomerang Clue
Miss Marple 04 the Moving Finger *****
Death Comes as the End
Kimberly Mckay
Mar 04, 2017 Kimberly Mckay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First two were extremely intense, suspenseful. Boomerang Clue not my favorite. Moving Finger in the middle - not outstanding, but interesting.
Heather
Feb 16, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cause these stories are so different, I'll break down my reviews:

- The Secret Adversary
First in the book is "The Secret Adversary". I'd rate this a C+. I enjoyed the characters of Tuppence and Tommy, but the political angle of the story left me a bit bored. And I found myself wishing that Tuppence and Tommy spend more of the story together instead of splitting up for more of it. I would like to read more Tuppence and Tommy stories in the future, but this one left me cold.

- The Murder of Roger A
Rebekkila
I didn't read the first and last story of the compilation, I have attempted both before and have not been able to get into them. The Boomarang Clue was probably my favorite of the two that I did read. It think that classism (is that a word) is so funny, seriously how do you judge someone by their name and not teir deeds, but it was alive and made for some funny moments in The Boomarang Clue. I think it is possible that I have read The Moving finger over twenty years ago, the plot of the poison p ...more
James
May 23, 2010 James rated it it was amazing
Fantastic collection by Avenel Books of Agatha Christie stories! This collection of five are the amongst the very best of her work. I rate 5 stars individually to four of the titles, though. The best are "The Secret Adversary", "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd", "The Boomerang Clue", "The Moving Finger", and "Death Comes as the End". "Finger" is the only one I would give 3 stars to, the rest a 5. What's so great about this collection is that each story features a unique detective of Agatha's. Oh, BT ...more
Molly Black
Five novels in one hardcover: "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd"; "The Secret Adversary"; "The Boomerang Clue"; "The Moving Finger"; "Death Comes as the End."

The first is a Hercule Poirot mystery, the second a Tommy & Tuppence, the third a regular murder mystery, the fourth another regular mystery, and the fifth is a murder mystery set in Egypt in the long-ago age from what I can tell from it.

Recommend the book for Agatha Christie fans, but I have to admit I didn't enjoy two of the novels as much
Joan
Apr 22, 2015 Joan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
The Secret Adversary, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, The Boomerang Clue, The Moving Finger Death Comes as the End. love her style, and esp the stories set in the early 20th century. what lovely descriptions of the mind set of that era. and i can almost figure how who did it.
Miriam
I read Murder of Roger Ackroyd.
Challis
Challis rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2015
Evie
Evie rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2009
David
David rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2014
John Long
John Long rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2015
Deitra S
Deitra S rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2011
K8
K8 rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2009
Jack Swanzy
Jack Swanzy rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2016
Adam
Adam rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2015
Shawna
Shawna rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2010
Mjands
Mjands rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2012
Patty Rodda
Patty Rodda rated it liked it
May 20, 2014
Kashi
Kashi rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2013
Stephen
Stephen rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2014
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2013
Walt
Walt rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2015
Cheryl Adkins
Cheryl Adkins rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Sara Pope
Sara Pope rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2015
Angie
Angie rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Six Mary Westmacott Novels (Giants' Bread / Absent in the Spring / Unfinished Portrait / The Rose and the Yew Tree / A Daughter's a Daughter / The Burden)
  • The Scoop and Behind the Screen
  • 15 Minutes: General Curtis LeMay and the Countdown to Nuclear Annihilation
  • Kanikosen. El pesquero
  • Murder for Christmas
  • Vampires, Zombies, Werewolves and Ghosts: 25 Classic Stories of the Supernatural
  • On Liberty and The Subjection of Women
  • Moses, Man of the Mountain
  • Anthology of Japanese Literature: From the Earliest Era to the Mid-Nineteenth Century
  • Mahabharata: A Modern Retelling
  • The Song of Bernadette
  • Santeria: The Religion: Faith, Rites, Magic
  • The Delicate Storm (John Cardinal and Lise Delorme Mystery, #2)
  • Journal of the Unknown Prophet
  • The Loveliest Woman in America: A Tragic Actress, Her Lost Diaries, and Her Granddaughter's Search for Home
  • NonNonBa
  • 100 Malicious Little Mysteries
  • The Demon and the Angel: Searching for the Source of Artistic Inspiration

More about Agatha Christie...