Start by marking “Five Classic Murder Mysteries: The Secret Adversary / The Murder of Roger Ackroyd / The Boomerang Clue / The Moving Finger / Death Comes as the End” as Want to Read:

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The Box Contains:
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
- The Secret Adversary
- The Boomerang Clue
- The Moving Finger
- Death Comes as the End
Published December 12th 1988 by Random House Value Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Five Classic Murder Mysteries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five Classic Murder Mysteries

Bea Alden
The books included in this compendium include The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, The Secret Adversary, The Boomerang Clue, The Moving Finger, Death Comes as the End. One or two of Christie's various famous sleuths feature in each book. As always, the plots were engrossing, and each one has a satisfactory denouement.
Heather
Cause these stories are so different, I'll break down my reviews:

- The Secret Adversary
First in the book is "The Secret Adversary". I'd rate this a C+. I enjoyed the characters of Tuppence and Tommy, but the political angle of the story left me a bit bored. And I found myself wishing that Tuppence and Tommy spend more of the story together instead of splitting up for more of it. I would like to read more Tuppence and Tommy stories in the future, but this one left me cold.

- The Murder of Roger A
Lisa (Harmonybites)
The Secret Adversary is only the second novel Christie ever published and is thus the first chronologically, but it doesn't make for a strong start. If this had been my first Christie novel, I might never have read another. This is the first "Tommy and Tuppence" adventure. Christie didn't write as many mysteries with them as Hercule Poirot or Miss Marple, but she did write several, and unlike those detectives they aged from book to book--from young twenty-something flappers to aged married partn ...more
Rebekkila
I didn't read the first and last story of the compilation, I have attempted both before and have not been able to get into them. The Boomarang Clue was probably my favorite of the two that I did read. It think that classism (is that a word) is so funny, seriously how do you judge someone by their name and not teir deeds, but it was alive and made for some funny moments in The Boomarang Clue. I think it is possible that I have read The Moving finger over twenty years ago, the plot of the poison p ...more
James
Fantastic collection by Avenel Books of Agatha Christie stories! This collection of five are the amongst the very best of her work. I rate 5 stars individually to four of the titles, though. The best are "The Secret Adversary", "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd", "The Boomerang Clue", "The Moving Finger", and "Death Comes as the End". "Finger" is the only one I would give 3 stars to, the rest a 5. What's so great about this collection is that each story features a unique detective of Agatha's. Oh, BT ...more
Molly Black
Five novels in one hardcover: "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd"; "The Secret Adversary"; "The Boomerang Clue"; "The Moving Finger"; "Death Comes as the End."

The first is a Hercule Poirot mystery, the second a Tommy & Tuppence, the third a regular murder mystery, the fourth another regular mystery, and the fifth is a murder mystery set in Egypt in the long-ago age from what I can tell from it.

Recommend the book for Agatha Christie fans, but I have to admit I didn't enjoy two of the novels as much
Miriam
I read Murder of Roger Ackroyd.
Taylor Soniat
Taylor Soniat marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Sarah Schneider
Sarah Schneider marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Tina
Tina is currently reading it
Jan 24, 2015
Joe Zeniewicz
Joe Zeniewicz marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Mister Rabdargad
Mister Rabdargad marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Olena Rosul
Olena Rosul marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Jennie McStotts
Jennie McStotts marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Sid Faber
Sid Faber marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Manuella
Manuella marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Holly Slowik
Holly Slowik marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Six Mary Westmacott Novels (Giants' Bread / Absent in the Spring / Unfinished Portrait / The Rose and the Yew Tree / A Daughter's a Daughter / The Burden)
  • Kanikosen
  • 15 Minutes: General Curtis Lemay and the Countdown to Nuclear Annihilation
  • Hamlet: An Authoritative Text, Intellectual Backgrounds, Extracts from the Sources, Essays in Criticism (Norton Critical Edition)
  • Anthology of Japanese Literature: From the Earliest Era to the Mid-Nineteenth Century
  • The Song of Bernadette
  • Murder for Christmas
  • On Liberty and The Subjection of Women
  • 100 Malicious Little Mysteries
  • Moses, Man of the Mountain
  • The Delicate Storm
  • Shiver And Spice (Harlequin Blaze #349)
  • Sex Lives Of The Roman Emperors
  • The Vanishing
  • A Thoroughly Modern Princess
  • Dangerous Prey
  • Stranger Than Science
  • Aucassin et Nicolette

Agatha Mary Clarissa Miller was born in Torquay, Devon, England, U.K., as the youngest of three. The Millers had two other children: Margaret Frary Miller (1879–1950), called Madge, who was eleven years Agatha's senior, and Louis Montant Miller (1880
More about Agatha Christie...
And Then There Were None Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10) The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Hercule Poirot #1) Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1) The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Hercule Poirot, #4)