Start by marking “A Gaggle of Geese and a Clutter of Cats” as Want to Read:

A Gaggle of Geese and a Clutter of Cats

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Tidings of magpies,
Ducks in a brace,
Elks in a gang, in a galloping race.”

This joy-filled romp through creation captures your child’s imagination with the silly-sounding (but true) names of animal groups. Rhythmic verse celebrates the wonder of God’s imagination displayed in his creatures–from a clutter of cats and a mischief of rats to an army of frogs and a drift of fat
Published October 2nd 2007 by WaterBrook Press

To ask other readers questions about A Gaggle of Geese and a Clutter of Cats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Gaggle of Geese and a Clutter of Cats

Elevetha
Such a cute picture book illustrating collective nouns for a few well-known animals! I read this over and over when we got it out from the library (for my baby brother), not only to laugh over the awesome gang of elk illustration with the elk wearing bling and hats backward, and the army of frogs wearing wee French uniforms (as best I recall), but also to memorize all those collective nouns that I did not already know.
Sybil
Mackall tells a humerus story in rhyme about the names of animal group, as shown in the title. The illustrations are great to show the silliness of the text. The book is Christian fiction. This book is an easy reader displaying a cute way of teaching names of animal groups .
Danalee
May 30, 2008 Danalee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone with kids!
Recommended to Danalee by: Alisha Lloyd
The illustrations in this book are beautiful and witty! I cannot wait to purchase this for my niece and my own personal collection. The text is darling and clever as it teaches children the scientific family names for a variety of animals.
Miss Clark
Mar 18, 2010 Miss Clark rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Children age 3/4+
A delightful book that teaches the many unique names for different groups of animals, like a parliament of owls and an unkindness of ravens, with fun, whimsical illustrations.
Kate Hastings
God created animals and we gave funny names to the groups of them!
Cal
Cal added it
Jan 13, 2015
Sue
Sue added it
Nov 08, 2014
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
MrsMaryLibrary
MrsMaryLibrary marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2013
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2012
Lindsey
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2010
Dandi Mackall
Apr 19, 2008 Dandi Mackall rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
A professional writer for over 20 years, Dandi Daley Mackall has written dozens of articles for popular magazines and published around 400 books for children and adults alike, with sales of over 4 million.
A frequent guest on radio and television talk shows, she lives in rural Ohio with her husband, three children, horses, dogs, & cats.
More about Dandi Daley Mackall...
Wild Thing (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #1) The Silence of Murder Eager Star (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #2) Bold Beauty (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #3) My Boyfriends' Dogs