Start by marking “Kidnapping of Courtney Van Allen & What's-her-name” as Want to Read:
Kidnapping of Courtney Van Allen & What's-her-name

Kidnapping of Courtney Van Allen & What's-her-name

4.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  81 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
When 12-year-old Jan Travis is kidnapped along with her world-famous, wealthy friend, the kidnappers demand something other than money.
Published July 12th 1981 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

Be the first to ask a question about Kidnapping of Courtney Van Allen & What's-her-name

Desiree
Oct 29, 2008 Desiree rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: preteen to teen girls, adult women looking for a fun escape
i absolutely adored this book as a kid.
the narrator is a girl who lives downstairs from a woman whose niece or granddaughter (it's been a while) is the daughter of someone famous, and the daughter comes to visit the relative, who has a pet tiger (or jaguar?) and other magnificent eccentricities.
the famous girl (courtney van allen of course) and her friend are kidnapped and held for ransom because of the van allen fortune, and all of the press coverage refers to the poor friend as "what's her n
Chelsea
Aug 12, 2010 Chelsea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my absolute favorite book from when I was a kid...I still have my copy of it and I plan on keeping it forever and ever! This story is sooooo cute and funny. The distict personalities of the characters are very hilarious in their own ways. The harmony of the plot line with the characters is.....harmonious!
Stacy arnold
Aug 01, 2011 Stacy arnold rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful and fun children's book. The author was my 5th grade teacher. This was her first book she had published. She sent me a signed copy after I had moved back to Alabama from Californa because my mom died. I'll never forget it!
Trevor Wells
Oct 12, 2014 Trevor Wells rated it liked it
Shelves: etc
Simone
Jul 05, 2015 Simone rated it it was amazing
It was awesome. It is funny how jan travis thought courtney van allen was going to be glamourus. Instead courtney is wearing a shirt that says drop dead and worn out jeans with lots an lots of patches and under one it says......... I said drop dead. my favorite part was when courtney pretened to be dying. I'm really dramatic so the usually the dramatic parts are my favorites........ bye.
Susan
Feb 26, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
This is a cute children's book on reading level 5. It's about two 12-year old girls who are kidnapped, one is probably the richest and most famous girl in the world. However, the kidnappers are very nice to them. It's a funny story with a lot of quirky characters.
Mandy Suttles
Mar 22, 2016 Mandy Suttles rated it really liked it
I loved this book as a child & decided to read it aloud to my kids. It is a very different read as a parent! When I read it as a child, I never considered the feelings or fears of the parents. As a parent, it was all I could think of as I read. All in all, it is still a fun story, my kids loved it, & I enjoyed it as well.
Odessa
Apr 16, 2011 Odessa rated it it was amazing
I am rating this with five stars even though I haven't read this book since I was 11. As a young girl, I admired the characters, especially their hilarious and brave antics. I'm pretty sure this book was the main reason why I couldn't wait to ride Manhattan's subways by myself.
Michelle
This is one of my favorite books as a kid. I think I've read it at least 20 times, and I just had to find a copy of it online, since I've lost my own version. It's hysterical!
Effie
Aug 07, 2010 Effie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a slapstick young adult novel I got from Wegmans when I was ten or so. It still makes me laugh.
Callie
Nov 03, 2008 Callie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: girls, mostly preteens
Recommended to Callie by: my mom checked it out from the library randomly
this book is so funny and i wish i could see the lady with purple hair ! Aunt Harry and Uncle Marion LOL!!!!!
Amanda
Sep 22, 2008 Amanda rated it it was amazing
My all-time FAVORITE book as a kid. I always wished I could have their adventure.
Cristina (de gustibus non disputandum est)
I haven't read this in at least 20 years but I remember that I enjoyed it.
May 13, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ha! I loved this book when I was in grade school :)
Londymommy
Mar 25, 2012 Londymommy rated it it was amazing
This use to be my FAVORITE book for a very long time.
Alexa
Jan 11, 2009 Alexa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: my friends (girls)
This was a really good book, I loved it.
Cws
Jan 21, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: j-mystery
JMAR5-Coo
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Kennethia Whitfield
Kennethia Whitfield rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Stefanie
Stefanie rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Noelle Cottrell
Noelle Cottrell marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Dichotomy Girl
Dichotomy Girl rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Alaina Littlefield
Alaina Littlefield rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
Erica Anderson
Erica Anderson marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Patnel
Patnel added it
Dec 03, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015