Start by marking “Moon in the Mirror (Tess Noncoire #2)” as Want to Read:
Moon in the Mirror (Tess Noncoire #2)

Moon in the Mirror (Tess Noncoire #2)

Theresa Noncoir? was a successful fantasy writer. But Tess had another career as well, trained by the Sisterhood of the Celestial Blade Warriors to fight demonic incursions into our world. Teamed with a mischievous imp called Scrap, she's returned home after saving the world, only to discover that demonic trouble has followed her right to her own doorstep...
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 400 pages
Published September 4th 2007 by Daw

To ask other readers questions about Moon in the Mirror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon in the Mirror

Solace Winter
Nov 17, 2011 Solace Winter rated it really liked it
Frost has a way with words. She's not an overly descriptive writer but she will give you enough that does not leave much to the imagination as she takes hold with her words. There is no padding her stories just straight getting to the point. This is how good stories should be written.

I still have problems with the main character, Tess. I do not feel her strong enough and too easily taken advantage of. It is a character flaw but one I do not like to see in this particular character. She stands up
Kim
Apr 22, 2009 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The Tess Noncoire series is an enjoyable blend of fantasy, romance, fast-paced action, and humor. In her mundane life, Tess is a fantasy writer, and I found the first book in the series particularly enjoyable for its portrayal of con culture. Moon in the Mirror is set in Tess's home of Cape Cod, where a Wiccan teenager mysteriously shows up after disappearing 28 years before, with a tale of having lived in the realm of Faerie. I kind of missed the "road trip" flavor of the first novel, and its b ...more
Vicky
May 24, 2011 Vicky rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy

In Cape Cod in the winter, what else is there to do besides fend off the advances of two love interests, her ghostly husband, a Windago, hordes of orculli trolls and an editor who wants her latest book yesterday? Tess does all this and more in this fun urban fantasy from R.R. Frost. Oh, and in addition to this, she has to figure out a way to keep her mother from marrying a demon, figure out the appearance of Windscribe, a member of her aunt’s coven who disappeared thirty years ago, but who hasn’
Cole
The second book in the Tess Noncoire Adventures by P. R. Frost is engaging and really really fast paced. Like almost too much, the absurd situations that goes on in this small span of time is unbelievable! It is really hard to follow because the story line is all jumbled up and doesn't make much sense but still an enjoyable read. The closest thing I can describe it as is a supernatural soap opera. Meaning that the book is fun but honestly didnt provide anything meaningfull for me. However, I did ...more
Mortalform
In esoteric cosmology the sun and moon pictured together represent the extremes of creative solar power and undirected lunar imagination. 131

The Inuit moon spirit, Tarqeq, a mighty hunter, ha been given the difficult task of watching over human behavior. When Tarqeq sleeps during the dark of the moon, humankind can exceed their bounds of propriety and misbehave, often in disgusting ways. 282

A new moon teaches gradualness and deliberation and how one gives birth to oneself slowly. Patience with s
Kelly
Jul 06, 2009 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book from P.R. Frost, picking up again from Hounding the Moon Tess Noncoire and her imp dive into another adventure with a return from Donovan Estevez and his family. It took a while to get into this book, only because the time spent out of the 'verse, it started off quite fast and I had to remember what had happened prior to this. You get to know more about Tess' family including the witchy moonfeather.
Joe
Jun 20, 2008 Joe rated it really liked it
Shelves: endeavour-award
Quite enjoyable urban fantasy! Shades of Neil Gaiman or Anne Rice. Demons and fairies and the occult in modern America. Good stuff, fun characters, well told story. One ambiguously gendered character that I had a hard time understanding, but some good shifts of perspectives from the protagonist to her companion.
Janet Windeguth
It’s been so long since I’ve read the first in this series. I gave a cursory glance at the book jacket and was underwhelmed, but decided to give it my old 50-page test anyway. This book is much better than the first, maybe because Frost didn’t have to stop and explain everything this time. With all the cumbersome details out of the way, it was much easier to focus on the storyline.
Martha
Jan 10, 2012 Martha rated it did not like it
I am not going to finish this book, it is not a bad book, but I lose interest constantly (not like me). And bypass it for any other book I have. I hope no one goes by my disinterest in this book, check it out for yourself!!
Emily
Mar 08, 2009 Emily rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy-sf, signed
This is a good place to start following through on my plan to not finish books I'm not enjoying. I'm completely unable to relate to the main character and I'm not compelled to read it, so off it goes!
Kim
Oct 18, 2010 Kim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This book really took off from the get go and for the first time in a long time, I didn't want to put the book down. I am so reading the rest of these!
Ellen Braby
Jan 02, 2008 Ellen Braby is currently reading it
When I read about garden gnomes with teeth terrorizing the neighborhood, I had to keep reading.
Kyra Dune
Jan 28, 2016 Kyra Dune rated it it was ok
I found this book boring and at times rather ridiculous. It was a stretch to pull myself all the way through it.
Elspeth
Elspeth rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2011
Bluenick
Bluenick rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2013
Deena
Deena rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2012
Shannon Bell
Shannon Bell rated it liked it
May 16, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2012
Meghan
Meghan rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2012
Genevieve
Genevieve rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2017
Howard
Howard rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Wendy
Wendy rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
Penny Ramirez
Penny Ramirez rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2009
April Thompson
April Thompson rated it really liked it
May 12, 2014
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2012
Matt
Matt rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2010
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2012
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2014
C.f.
C.f. rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Bring Down the Sun (Alexander the Great, #2)
  • Vampire Wars (Von Carstein, #1-3)
  • A Guide to Folktales in Fragile Dialects
  • Living with Ghosts
  • Guardian of the Promise (Merlin's Descendants, #4)
  • Hart and Boot and Other Stories
  • Witch High
  • Agatha H and the Clockwork Princess (Girl Genius Novels, #2)
  • Airs of Night and Sea (Horsemistress Saga, #3)
  • The Path of Razors (Vampire Babylon, #5)
  • In a Time of Treason
  • The Bearskin Rug (Jewel Heiss #3)
  • The Final Sacrifice (The Chronicles of Josan, #3)
  • The Ninth Circle
  • Tremere (Vampire: The Masquerade: Clan Novel, #12)
  • Dream Weaver (Norse/Mohawk Trilogy, #2)
  • Norse Code
  • After Long Silence
A pseudonym used by C.F. Bentley. Also known as Irene Radford.

P.R. Frost resides on beautiful Mt. Hood in Oregon. She hikes the Columbia River Gorge for inspiration. She is an omnivorous reader having taught herself to read before entering kindergarten. Her sister claims this was so she wouldn’t have to wait to learn how to write so she could begin penning her stories. At Science Fiction/Fantasy C
More about P.R. Frost...

Tess Noncoire (4 books)
  • Hounding The Moon (Tess Noncoire #1)
  • Faery Moon (Tess Noncoire #3)
  • Forest Moon Rising (Tess Noncoire #4)