Start by marking “Podcasting For Dummies” as Want to Read:
Podcasting For Dummies

Podcasting For Dummies

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  136 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Podcasting is like blogging out loud It gives you a voice--one that can be heard worldwide on computers, iPods, or other MP3 players. You can podcast to boost your business, promote your passion, share your opinions, or just have fun. The point is to say what you want to say to those who want to hear it. With step-by-step explanations, screen shots, and tons of examples, t ...more
Published November 21st 2005 by For Dummies (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Podcasting For Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Podcasting For Dummies

Infected by Scott SiglerEarthcore by Scott SiglerThe Rookie by Scott SiglerNocturnal by Scott SiglerAncestor by Scott Sigler
Best Free Audiobooks
54th out of 158 books — 472 voters
Creative Writing for Dummies by Maggie HamandBlogging for Dummies by Brad HillSelf-Publishing for Dummies by Jason R. RichPiano for Dummies [With Play-Along] by Blake NeelyPublic Speaking for Dummies by Malcolm Kushner
For Dummies Series
34th out of 286 books — 39 voters

More lists with this book...

Marc
I must preface this by saying how much I hate the Dummies books. I hate the bright, ugly, yellow color; I hate how flimsy it is, and I hate the general layout of the book. That being said, I enjoyed this book.

While I've had a podcast for the last year and a half (http://vforvertigo.blogspot.com) I still found this book extremely helpful. I wish I had gotten it earlier because things might have gone more smoother than they did. I blame my former co-host for that.

Even though most technology books
Stephanie
This was a great starter book for someone looking to begin a podcast. It contains all of the necessary basics with a little bit extra, so I would not recommend it for people with podcasting experience because it is so elementary.

I look forward to now reading more books on the subject before launching my own book-related podcast on iTunes. I will use this book to walk me through the beginning steps and go from there!
Ron Arden
Very good inroduction for anyone wanting to start a podcast. The authors give you the basics, but also delve into enough technical detail to be of great value. They address equipment, software, posting feeds, creating an audience, marketing, making money and a whole lot more. Check out the companion podcasts on iTunes for further information. There is also an expert podcasting book which I will tackle next.
Tom prigg
It was a pretty good book but came up short once I set up with a server. I got error messages about some type of byte stream. This happened on two different servers. I'm not an IT guy so I had no idea how to fix this. The book didn't warn me of this potential problem. I'm assuming that since I got it twice on two different servers that it's probably a common error.
Lesley
This book was a good introductory book about podcasting and what it takes to set up your own podcast. It covered the technology end of things, as well as other issues like getting listeners, copyright issues when using music on your podcast, other good podcasts to listen to, and important people in the world of podcasting.
Joel Neff
Jan 30, 2008 Joel Neff rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who want to start a podcast.
This book has been an invaluable resource to me. It is clearly and concisely written with lots of illustrations and diagrams to further explain key concepts.

Highly recommended.
Dean
This is a good book for people looking to get into podcasting but by the time I got to it I was already past most of what this book discussed.
Jeff
I'm 5% done with Podcasting For Dummies: Just getting started. Can't believe I forgot this was out there. Guess I'm living up to the demographic.
Icepick
Excellent, clearly written and loads of useful content. It turned out to be exactly what I needed.
Cherie
Excellent starter info for anyone who is thinking of or beginning a podcast.
Sam Bradley
Amazing resource for those learning to podcast!
Alicia
Feb 03, 2008 Alicia marked it as to-read
I'm a dummy and I want to make podcasts.
Gitte
Gitte marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Iam
Iam marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Mike Sambuco
Mike Sambuco marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Joan
Joan marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Darin
Darin marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Kate Ressman
Kate Ressman marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
poesielos
poesielos marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Rickey Taylor
Rickey Taylor marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • PHP & MySQL For Dummies (For Dummies)
  • Nina Kimberly the Merciless
  • Digital Magic (Fey #2)
  • Google Hacks: Tips & Tools for Finding and Using the World's Information
  • HTML 4 for Dummies
  • Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms
  • Logic For Dummies (For Dummies (Math & Science))
  • Fitness for Dummies
Tee Morris began his writing career with his 2002 historical epic fantasy, MOREVI The Chronicles of Rafe & Askana. In 2005 Tee took MOREVI into the then-unknown podosphere, making his novel the first book podcast in its entirety. That experience led to the founding of Podiobooks.com and collaborating with Evo Terra and Chuck Tomasi on Podcasting for Dummies and its follow-up, Expert Podcasting ...more
More about Tee Morris...
Billibub Baddings and the Case of the Singing Sword The Case of the Pitcher's Pendant: A Billibub Baddings Mystery Aladdin and His Wonderfully Infernal Device Legacy of Morevi (Book One of the Arathellean Wars) All a Twitter: A Personal and Professional Guide to Social Networking with Twitter