Start by marking “Podcasting For Dummies” as Want to Read:
Podcasting For Dummies

Podcasting For Dummies

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  174 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Targeted towards the first-time podcaster, this work provides a thorough look at the technologies surrounding podcasting as it walks the reader through the steps of creating their own podcast.
Published October 1st 2005 by For Dummies (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Podcasting For Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Podcasting For Dummies

Infected by Scott SiglerEarthcore by Scott SiglerThe Rookie by Scott SiglerNocturnal by Scott SiglerAncestor by Scott Sigler
Best Free Audiobooks
54th out of 157 books — 487 voters
Creative Writing for Dummies by Maggie HamandBlogging for Dummies by Brad HillPublic Speaking for Dummies by Malcolm KushnerTechnical Writing for Dummies. by Sheryl Lindsell-RobertsSelf-Publishing for Dummies by Jason R. Rich
For Dummies Series
27th out of 274 books — 59 voters

More lists with this book...

Mary
Apr 13, 2015 Mary rated it liked it
Good introduction on audio podcasting. Offered reviews on equipment, where to upload your podcast, and how to manage your podcast.
Marc
Jan 20, 2010 Marc rated it really liked it
I must preface this by saying how much I hate the Dummies books. I hate the bright, ugly, yellow color; I hate how flimsy it is, and I hate the general layout of the book. That being said, I enjoyed this book.

While I've had a podcast for the last year and a half (http://vforvertigo.blogspot.com) I still found this book extremely helpful. I wish I had gotten it earlier because things might have gone more smoother than they did. I blame my former co-host for that.

Even though most technology books
Phil Moyer
A good introductory book for podcasting, including technology selection and software for use. The most useful information, IMHO, was the sections on hosting strategies and web sites, along with mechanisms for including your Podcasts in iTunes and other podcasting services.
Ian King
Feb 15, 2016 Ian King rated it it was amazing
Shelves: motivational
This was a helpful guide, mixed with a little humour. It certainly helped me to 'un-mistify' what podcasting is and what it's about etc., heck, I've even started my own podcasting now and giggle every time my computer spell check says 'error, this word doesn't exist.' Naa, it doesn't really, but it does gives it a wiggly lime under the word.
So if you want to learn more about this 'not-so-new' broadcasting opportunity, then this book it a great place to start.
Oh, and I really have started my own
Colona Public Library
Pretty good guide if you have interest in making a podcast or maintaining one. There are some very helpful tips on how to podcast the only parts I got lost was the more technological savvy parts. You can order this book at the Colona Public Library! ~Ashley
Loki
Feb 03, 2016 Loki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, business
Not a bad overview, but I get the impression this is more a learn by doing thing.

I may have plans.
Greg Van Vorhis
Jun 27, 2015 Greg Van Vorhis rated it liked it
Easy to understand until the part where you post the podcast. I am left with the same questions I started with. :/
Dwight Walker
Jan 24, 2016 Dwight Walker rated it liked it
Good syntax for RSS feeds and how to run a podcast.
Stephanie
Apr 04, 2010 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fic, 2010
This was a great starter book for someone looking to begin a podcast. It contains all of the necessary basics with a little bit extra, so I would not recommend it for people with podcasting experience because it is so elementary.

I look forward to now reading more books on the subject before launching my own book-related podcast on iTunes. I will use this book to walk me through the beginning steps and go from there!
Ron Arden
Very good inroduction for anyone wanting to start a podcast. The authors give you the basics, but also delve into enough technical detail to be of great value. They address equipment, software, posting feeds, creating an audience, marketing, making money and a whole lot more. Check out the companion podcasts on iTunes for further information. There is also an expert podcasting book which I will tackle next.
Tom prigg
Jan 09, 2013 Tom prigg rated it liked it
It was a pretty good book but came up short once I set up with a server. I got error messages about some type of byte stream. This happened on two different servers. I'm not an IT guy so I had no idea how to fix this. The book didn't warn me of this potential problem. I'm assuming that since I got it twice on two different servers that it's probably a common error.
Lesley Looper
Feb 15, 2009 Lesley Looper rated it liked it
This book was a good introductory book about podcasting and what it takes to set up your own podcast. It covered the technology end of things, as well as other issues like getting listeners, copyright issues when using music on your podcast, other good podcasts to listen to, and important people in the world of podcasting.
Joel Neff
Jan 30, 2008 Joel Neff rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who want to start a podcast.
This book has been an invaluable resource to me. It is clearly and concisely written with lots of illustrations and diagrams to further explain key concepts.

Highly recommended.
Dean
Nov 19, 2009 Dean rated it it was ok
This is a good book for people looking to get into podcasting but by the time I got to it I was already past most of what this book discussed.
Jeff
I'm 5% done with Podcasting For Dummies: Just getting started. Can't believe I forgot this was out there. Guess I'm living up to the demographic.
Icepick
Dec 19, 2008 Icepick rated it it was amazing
Excellent, clearly written and loads of useful content. It turned out to be exactly what I needed.
Cherie
Oct 12, 2008 Cherie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Excellent starter info for anyone who is thinking of or beginning a podcast.
Sam Bradley
Dec 28, 2010 Sam Bradley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Amazing resource for those learning to podcast!
Alicia
Feb 03, 2008 Alicia marked it as to-read
I'm a dummy and I want to make podcasts.
Sean Kneese
Sean Kneese marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Kasy
Kasy marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Frikiaudio
Frikiaudio rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
rod quinn
rod quinn rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2016
Sergio Sanchez
Sergio Sanchez rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Carlos Yañez
Carlos Yañez marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
  • PHP & MySQL For Dummies (For Dummies)
  • Search Engine Optimization for Dummies
  • Sex For Dummies
  • Digital Magic (Fey #2)
  • Google Hacks: Tips & Tools for Finding and Using the World's Information

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Tee Morris began his writing career with his 2002 historical epic fantasy, MOREVI The Chronicles of Rafe & Askana. In 2005 Tee took MOREVI into the then-unknown podosphere, making his novel the first book podcast in its entirety. That experience led to the founding of Podiobooks.com and collaborating with Evo Terra and Chuck Tomasi on Podcasting for Dummies and its follow-up, Expert Podcasting ...more
More about Tee Morris...