Start by marking “I Got Community” as Want to Read:
I Got Community

I Got Community

2.25  ·  Rating Details  ·  8 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
A companion book to I Got a Family shows, in pictures and simple, rhyming text, the ways in which members of the child narrator's community show their love, mutual support, and mutual caring.
Hardcover
Published 1995 by Henry Holt & Company

To ask other readers questions about I Got Community, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Got Community

Alexandria Hiam
Great book for a primary school lesson on community. Features members of the community and multiple ethnicities. Told in sing songy rhyming verses. The book ends comparing community to family.
A
Naomi
Jun 29, 2015 Naomi rated it did not like it
Who is important in your neighborhood? This "story" (rhyme) felt off and forced. Partnered with mediocre illustrations, this story just had nothing special to it.
Alison
Mar 09, 2015 Alison rated it did not like it
Shelves: childrens
We get this book from the library every time we do our Community/Family theme. I strongly dislike this book. It doesn't really have to do with the content though. The book shows the child's community surroundings. I do not like the grammar used.
Hanna Borgmann
Hanna Borgmann marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Gaia
Gaia added it
Nov 14, 2014
Kelsey Bigelow
Kelsey Bigelow rated it it was ok
Mar 07, 2014
Kendra
Kendra rated it it was ok
Aug 26, 2013
Jenifer
Jenifer marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2010
Jun 19, 2009
Dani
Dani rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2009
The pseudonym of Virginia L. Kroll to accomodate her tremendous output as an author.
More about Melrose Cooper...