Start by marking “Some Enchanted Evening (Lost Princesses, #1)” as Want to Read:
Some Enchanted Evening (Lost Princesses, #1)

Some Enchanted Evening (Lost Princesses #1)

3.73  ·  Rating Details ·  2,300 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews
Once upon a time . . .

in a kingdom high in the Pyrenees, three young princesses were forced to flee the chaos in their land—vanishing without a trace and lost to their people . . . until the day a courageous prince can bring the princesses home.

One of Scotland's most dangerous men, Robert MacKenzie is dazzled by the enchanting beauty who rides into the town he is sworn to
Published April 26th 2005 by Avon (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Some Enchanted Evening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some Enchanted Evening

Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Lost Princesses series by Christina Dodd. Apparently, there once was a small kingdom with three princesses. Revolutionaries caused the princesses to be sent to England for safety. Now it is time for them to return. Princess Clarice is in Scotland, selling beauty products when she comes to Freya Crags and meets Robert MacKenzie, Earl of Hepburn. Robert has returned home from the war a changed man. Brooding and moody, he certainly doesn't believe the charlatan is a real princ ...more
Zoe
Aug 25, 2015 Zoe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to give this book only 2 stars, really. The story itself offers little.

But Christina Dodd's writing made the book an easy read. I did not struggle to stay focused so I just quickly went through the story. I like both lead characters, Clarice and Robert. Clarice the princess is definitely better portrayed than Robert. Robert, other than his brooding war veteran image, has no shape. I feel like I don't know him even at the end of the book.

The plotline is simple. Princess in exile meets
Maria
May 21, 2010 Maria rated it it was ok
If Ms. Dodd has any feeling for the manners and mores of the times she is writing about, she frequently sacrifices it to meet her plot's demands. This book is no exception. You have a heroine who thinks she could effectively knee a man while wearing the typical long dresses with petticoats of the day. You have a heroine who travels untouched and unchaperoned through the countryside in a time when no woman could safely travel unescorted. You have a heroine who is touting cosmetics in an age when ...more
Brenda H
Jul 17, 2016 Brenda H rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun quick read. I haven't been reading many historical romances in the last few years and had forgotten how fun they can be...and quirky...and over-the-top...along with a bit of cheesy dialogue...lol. Christina Dodd is always a fun read.

This this the first in the trilogy "The Lost Princesses". When revolution comes to their country following the revolt in France, the three young princesses are bundled off to England for safety. Over time, circumstances change and their whereabouts bec
Kit★
3.5 Stars!This was picked for me as my December Pick-It-For-Me book over in Western and Medieval Romance Lovers. I forgot to read it in December... whoops. Catching up a few days late, but I got it done! I read book two of the series last year, and liked it pretty well. It had left me curious about the other two sisters. I don't know why I put off reading this one for so long. Christina Dodd used to be an auto-buy author for me back in the day, but I haven't read as much of her stuff in the last ...more
Julie
Mar 03, 2012 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical Romance Lovers!
A sweet story of a Princess, one of three sisters actually, who escapes with her youngest sister from their war-torn, tiny kingdom after the death of the King, their father and the disappearance of their grandmother. Because of the deceit of a close advisor, the sisters are left to fend for themselves in a foreign country, and Clarice becomes the mastermind behind a scheme to peddle their royal, family secrets to the beauty achieved by Princesses. During her attempts to sell these unique beauty ...more
Anita
I loved the story, but was a little unhappy with the way the central characters, Princess Clarice and Lord Robert, were not very well developed. The three Princesses of Beaumontagne, Sorcha, Clarice and Amy, have been disbursed in England in a attempt to keep them safe from the revolution that is taking place in their country. For a few years, all is well. Then the flow of money stops and Clarice and Amy are now on their own. They have no idea where Sorcha is or what the situation is at home. Th ...more
Ari Garcia
Nov 09, 2016 Ari Garcia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Vale la pena leerlo .Muy buena historia y con ese final ..quiero leer el proximo
Emily
Jun 02, 2011 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The three princesses of Beaumontagne have been lost for years. People are after them, wishing both harm and rescue, and they are trying to stay one step ahead. Clarice and Amy have been running a racket selling "royal secret" creams and unguents to make the less than fair townsfolk beautiful. But Clarice gets more than she bargains for when they ride into Freya Crags. The Earl of Hepburn is as handsome as he is tortured. Yeah, they're totally going to fall in love.
The main plot, as well as a cou
Brit Blaise
May 23, 2010 Brit Blaise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just typed a long review and lost it. This time I'm making it short and sweet. I loved it!

I have a hardback copy that sat in my tbr for considerable time...and now I regret not reading it much sooner. However, since I want to read about the other two lost princesses...will I be able to buy them in paperback? One can hope.
Marissa Cecil
Dec 14, 2014 Marissa Cecil rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The plot was just ok. Too many sex scenes for my liking. I will not be reading the other books in this series.
Susan (the other Susan)
Sheer pleasure. Clarice is an adorable heroine, and her Brooding Hero is irresistible.
Kathy
Sandra Swartz
A little too explicit for my taste, but the characters were good. I really only stuck with it so I could find out whether or not the princesses made it back to their country or not, but they don't wrap that up yet. I guess I will read book two when it gets here.
Valentina
I really liked the view on make-up in the early 1800s. It was at times more interesting to observe this aspect than the plot itself. I liked this one a little less than The Barefoot Princess. But it was surprisingly action-packed and this plot-line took the focus off the romance a bit.
ies
Jan 13, 2013 ies rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Aku kasih 3.5 tp kaga ada cuil2an si, bintangnya musti full hahahaha :P

Kerajaan Beaumontagne, aku jg ga yakin lokasinya disebelah mana, kalo dari deskripsi novel si daerah Spanyol ke sono lagi *dtabok*, yah pokoknya series ini tentang 3 Putri kerajaan Beaumontagne yang terbuang (diungsikan).

Putri ke 2 : Princess Clarice, nama panjangnya aku ga apal.. panjang banget hmpfh
Claire berusia belasan ketika dia dan Princess Amy, adik bungsunya diusir dari sekolah asrama di Inggris karena neneknya tida
Veronica
I first read this novel back in 2013. It was the first novel I read on my NOOK Color after I discovered I could rent digital books through my library. I thought it was a good read and gave it 2 out of 5 stars.

That was then... This is now.

I decided to re-read it as I promised myself back in 2013 that I would read the series. I forgot all that happened and learned I'm best at reading/completing a series by reading the novels back-to-back-to-back.

In this round I realized that there seemed to be a l
Michelle
Aug 12, 2014 Michelle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, 2014, reviewed
The first book in a trilogy. Fairly enjoyable; I might read the others.

Clarice is a princess without a country. She is exile with her little sister, hiding from those intent on taking her country and removing her grandmother from power. She is the second sister of three, and travels around peddling beauty products to young ladies throughout the UK. Undercover (so to speak), she calls herself a princess but doesn't say where she is from, which seems strange to me, but I will let it go. Classic hi
Shea
This is the first in a trilogy about the Princesses of Beaumontagne. It is historical romantic fiction with the first novel set in Scotland in 1808. As with all of Dodd's female characters, Clarice is smart, independent, and fun to spend time with. Robert, the male lead, is dark and troubled after his years of war. With the help of Clarice and his sister Millicent he finds he can be the man he once was. Clarice is the middle sister and since their exile from Beaumontagne has been guardian to her ...more
Elle
Jan 10, 2012 Elle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK, so I read this after the third book in the trilogy. So I kinda knew what was going to happen. This still kept my attention.

Clarice, the second of three princesses in exile and in hiding because of a revolution in their kingdom, has been supporting herself and her younger sister by hawking cosmetics--and by playing out a bit of a con wherever they go. This town is different, though, in that it is the township the Earl of Hepburn, a dour man who just happens to need an accomplished actress to
Mahareni Sukadi
3,75 ahhhh...

Well, dibanding The Pirate Lord - Surga Sang Bajak Laut (Lord Trilogy, #1) by Sabrina Jeffries yang garing, aku lebih suka ini. Lebih seru and ada baku hantamnya.

Biasa saja daku sama Clarice. Benci enggak, suka juga enggak. Cuma itu, kayaknya gampang amat ngasih virginity-nya ke Robert. Gak pake tarik ulur segala macem, langsung tancap gas aja...haha. Menurutku sih, ada sisi bitchy juga dalam diri Clarice. Terliat dari bed scene-nya di mana Clarice ingin mendominasi Robert.

Ah, pengin baca next book-nya. Tapi paling bikin penasaran critanya Sorcha+Rainger.
Sari
Dec 10, 2012 Sari rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Setelah membaca "candle in The Window", membaca buku ini serasa minum es teh manis setelah makan kue triple coklat-nya Harvest, ga berasa.

Jalan ceritanya agak membingungkan, terkesan ada intrik, tapi ternyata intrik yg ada cuma begitu doang. Emosi Clarice terhadap Hapburn maupun sebaliknya juga kurang terasa, terkesan terburu2. Gw malah lebih suka dengan karakter Amy, lebih hidup, lebih ada emosinya n membuat gw makin penasaran dengan kisah dibuku berikutnya.

Ntah memang terjemahannya yang kuran
Stephanie
My first historical romance. I love this book. This is the first book that opened my eyes to the genre and I have not looked back since. I have read and reread this book & Amy and Sorchia's story countless times and it never gets old. Clarice is the perfect heroine, witty, confident, sexy and relateable. Robert comes off as aloof, mysterious and kind of an ass at first. But his falling for Clarice make him more endearing. We see a softer more loving side of him. Protective, loving older brot ...more
Jillian Eaton
I got this novel at a local used bookstore because I fell in love with the cover. I also thought the premise sounded unique. All in all it was a good read, although it lagged in parts, especially in the beginning (at least for me). I almost liked the hero more than the heroine which doesn't happen very often, and their "insta-love" felt a little disjointed, but other than that I thought it was very well written and a sweet fairy tale type of story. 3/5 stars.
Bethany
I would say this is more a 2.5.

After reading textbooks for two months, I wanted to read something light and fun. I liked the idea of the exiled princesses. I liked the characters. The deception thing was a little far fetched and over done. It was a good first novel to set up the series. I'm more interested in the romance between the Prince and the eldest sister, so I might just skip the second book altogether to read that one.
Ashley Oxford
I do so hate when authors get lazy and throw away the ending. That's how this one felt. Some Enchanted Evening is a romance novel. So we readers basically know what's going to happen before we read the first page. And Dodd delivered a wonderful romance between an exiled princess and a Scottish laird. I was swept up in the story already excited to read about Amy (probably the heroine in the next novel of the series.) But the ending was just so bad. Too quick I suppose.
Michele
Jan 31, 2012 Michele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christina Dodd does a wonderful job making her characters easy to relate to and making you feel like you are in the historical time period. This is quite a steamy, romantic tale for being set in the early 1800's! I enjoyed book one about Princess Clarice and hope to enjoy the other two books in the Lost Princesses trilogy: book two The Barefoot Princess which is about Princess Amy, and book three The Prince Kidnaps a Bride which is about Princess Sorcha.
Mimna
เราชอบบุคลิกพระเอกนะคะ เขาดูดารก, เปนเจาขาวเจาของ และซึนพิกล
แตเรารูสึกวามันยังไมสุดอะคะ อธิบายไมถูก อาจเปนเพราะคนเขียนไมไดอธิบายละเอียดวาเหตุการณในอดีตอะไรทีทำใหเขาเปนทุกขขนาดนัน

แตเราคิดวาเพือนพระเอกและตัวละครอีกตัวหนึงทีออกมาตอนทายเรืองนาสนใจมาก และคนหลังนีเปนพระเอกคนหนึงในซีรียนีดวย
Amy
Feb 21, 2015 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Let's Talk About ...: February 2016 Group Read - Some Enchanted Evening 16 12 Feb 16, 2016 04:29AM
Más libros para Latinoamérica!! 1 1 Jan 15, 2016 09:07AM
  • The Spy (Liar's Club #3)
  • Nobody's Darling
  • Something Sinful (Griffin Family, #3)
  • It Takes a Hero (Danvers, #4)
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • What Price Love? (Cynster, #13)
  • Love and the Single Heiress (Regency, #2)
  • In the Highlander's Bed (Cameron Sisters, #5)
  • What A Lady Wants (Last Man Standing, #2)
  • The Wedding Game (Matchmaker Duncan Sisters, #3)
  • Prince Charming (Ascension Trilogy #3)
  • One Little Sin (MacLachlan Family, #2)
New in 2017:
— THE WOMAN WHO COULDN'T SCREAM: Virtue Falls Full-length Suspense #4 Sept. 5, 2017 in hardcover and ebook
Now out!
-- BECAUSE I'M WATCHING: Virtue Falls Full-length Suspense #3 (2016 Amazon Best of Romance, #1 Amazon Romance of September, Kirkus starred review, Booklist starred review and Best of 2016, Library Journal starred review, RT Book Rev
More about Christina Dodd...

Lost Princesses (3 books)
  • The Barefoot Princess (Lost Princesses, #2)
  • The Prince Kidnaps a Bride (Lost Princesses, #3)

“If you cannot see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.” 19 likes