Start by marking “Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives” as Want to Read:
Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives

Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  2,401 ratings  ·  130 reviews
Featuring seven case histories of real people who were regressed into their lives between lives, this text discusses the mystery of life in the herafter.
Published May 8th 2000 by Llewellyn Publications (first published 2000)

Journey of Souls by Michael NewtonMany Lives, Many Masters by Brian L. WeissDestiny of Souls by Michael NewtonOnly Love Is Real by Brian L. WeissMessages from the Masters by Brian L. Weiss
Reincarnation - factual books
3rd out of 69 books — 55 voters
Fallen by Lauren KateRemembrance by Michelle MadowThe Eternal Ones by Kirsten MillerEvermore by Alyson NoelTail of the Devil by Danielle DeVor
Reincarnation
59th out of 122 books — 218 voters

More lists with this book...

Delia O' Riordan
Feb 27, 2014 Delia O' Riordan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People with a serious interest in the "Bardo".
Recommended to Delia by: no one
Destiny of Souls (DoP May 1, 2000) is the second book from psychologist Dr. Michael Newton following the world-wide success of Journey of Souls published in 1994. Both books are published by Llwellyn.

I have had several 'out of body' experiences which may explain my interest in the subject of whether there is anything after physical death. My abiding interest is in the origin, nature and uses of consciousness and these areas of human experience coalesce in Dr. Newton's 30 + years of work with hyp
Kenny
"Destiny of Souls" is the follow-up to Newton's "Journey of Souls," expanding upon the basic "map" of the Spirit World and the movement of souls through that world as they review their past life and prepare for their next incarnation.

Much denser than JOS, this book offers details unavailable in that first book and is recommended only if you found the JOS compelling. I did, and thus I enjoyed this book immensely, especially the 65 new case studies in which Michael Newton hypnotically regresses hi
Sarah Kelsey
I know my friends who ascribe to more doctrinal spiritual beliefs will not be interested in this text, and I am not going to encourage those of you who feel you fit that category to read this. It is not my intent to challenge or proselytize here; I'm just reviewing a book in a very self-centered sort of way.

Those of you who know me really well know that I have had some strange experiences in my life, and I have been working all of my 42 years to try to piece together how these all made sense. It
Fanny
Just as wonderful as his first book. I have had 'visits' from loved ones who have passed on so it isn't as difficult for me to read Newton's books. I think any haters would not enjoy it because it details a certain organization between lives and shows that NO we do not fly around with wings on our back singing! (although it that's your thing, you certainly could) Although there IS singing there, and so much more.

To me the descriptions ARE heavenly and so interesting! Retaining our 'self' how aw
Chris
After an un-expected death in the family this year it gave me comfort and helped me better place my views/thoughts of the feeling that there has to be more than this and this helped me a lot. I had the book for a long time (always feeling I have been here before) and read it after this loss and I know it will help me in dealing with losses in the future. To know/believe that I will see those closest to me again is a huge comfort for me. I never thought I would be able to deal with death and loss ...more
Emma
So this guy regresses people, not to their past lives, but to the time *in-between* their last life and this life. To see what that's all about. And he's collected all these cases to piece together this map of how all this life stuff works.

It's a little off-putting at first because it's so detailed that it sometimes seems like a giant bureaucracy, with the levels and the advancement of souls and various departments with various functions. But two things: he'll specifically ask the person "uh, th
Sebastian
This is the second book from the first "Journey of Souls". If what he writes is true, then your whole life will never be viewed as the same ever again. And if it is all fantasy, it will still make you reconsider all your values, your purpose and the beauty of life, living and existence. Healthy stuff, powerful read. Great book.
Joseph Dunn
Ok, upon first impression, I thoght Newton's work appeared too "new agey" and should be easily dismissed. I mean c'mon, case studies of life between lives in the spirit world? Sounds a little much. But after reading all three of Newton's books I am impressed with the years of research he devoted to his work.

Before reading "Destiny of Souls" I recommend starting with his first book, "Journey of Souls". Also I found it helpful to have already read "Many Lives, Many Masters" by Brian Weiss. This i
Julia
Captivating. I read this quite awhile ago, but keep coming back to it. I came upon it rather oddly and had that feeling like I should have heard of it before but was so relieved to be reading it now. I must say that Dr. Newton comes closer than anyone else so far. It is the right combination of being on the right track and reminding me how much is still left to uncover. This is a life altering and life enhancing book that is a gift to humanity. I am a happier person for having read it (as well a ...more
Roberta Grimes
Michael Newton hypnotically regressed a number of people in deep trance to what they said were their lives between lives, and he reported in these books what they told him. After having read many afterlife stories, I was astonished to read these books and find that the accounts that they contained were different from most of the others. They seemed oddly impersonal, even mechanical, although the after-death process that they described was consistent with what I had found elsewhere. It was only l ...more
Nell Grey
Thank goodness I read Ross Kevin Porter's review on Amazon - after seeing all those five star reviews I thought I must be the only person who noticed that the voices and the language used by the 'clients' were all too similar. It seems odd too that the author mentions no reports that contradict events in the cases mentioned so far - perhaps he believes they don't count, although these might have served to balance the scales somewhat. I'm almost halfway through, more than slightly sickened by the ...more
Anthony Ventrello
It is a fun book that makes you think about what you might have been like in your previous life or what happens to you when you die. This is a book that while it is impossible and inplausible to take it seriously, it is a fun read and it shows you that some people really have wild imaginations, especially when under hypnosis. I recommend that you read this book but don't go out and spend hundreds of dollars on past-life regression.
Shawn Brady
Continuation of Journey of the Souls. Case study of souls being interviewed by the author. Much like a Near death experience book but far clearer. Dr. Michael interviews people souls under hypnosis. May sound strange but very powerful. Go to Dr. Michael Newtons web sight be one most interesting choices you have ever made.
DM
Destiny of Souls is a wonderful read from start to finish. Michael Newton is a hypno-regressionist who takes his subjects into their past lives and their live in our eternal realm on the Other Side.

I was fascinated by the case studies that he shared with the readers, and it left me hungering for more.

If you've ever felt you lived past lives or wondered if you have, if you've ever wondered if there is a life after this, this book will answer your questions.

I found that my thoughts on past lives a
Gina Briganti
I’ve read all of Dr. Newton’s books on the subject of Life Between Lives hypnotherapy. I consider him to be an important pioneer in the field and I am extremely grateful to have read his works.

“Destiny of Souls” is precisely what the subtitle says it is: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives. I appreciate that Dr. Newton presents his opinions as opinions, and not as facts. He invites his readers to embrace or discard what they read according to their own judgment. I did find myself in disagree
Katie
Aug 04, 2007 Katie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: spirituality
This book details Michael Newton's work as a hypnotherapist and what he uncovered about the mystery of life in the spirit world after death. It's incredibly fascinating. I gained a whole new perspective about life and death and why we are here.
Ro
This book added a whole new dimension to how I think about life and death. It possibly explains some things I have experienced throughout my life. I'm very very glad I read it, and I'll most likely be reading it several more times.
Mike Voyce
This book is now 11 years old, but it changed the agenda on Reincarnation. If you haven't read it you must. If you haven't read Michael Newton at all, start with Journey of Souls.
Jennie
Dec 04, 2007 Jennie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those studying life betwn lives
Excellent book, provides more case studies to help you understand the mysterious experience of what happens after we die and before we are born. An enjoyable read.
Sandra
Jan 24, 2014 Sandra rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sandra by: Laura Freidenfelde
Shelves: reviewed
***

Люди часто приравнивают любовь к счастью. Однако счастье - это состояние ума, которое должно развиваться внутри вас и не быть зависимым от кого-то еще. Наиболее здоровый тип любви - это когда вы уже чувствуете себя хорошо, и поэтому ваша любовь к кому-то полностью бескорыстна. Любовь требует большого труда и постоянного поддержания.

***

Крайне важным на собраниях Совета считается наше намерение в жизни. Совет стремится выяснить, удавалось ли внутренней бессмертной природе нашей души поддерживат
Curt Remington
The inspiration for all of his books started when he stumbled upon a client’s memories of the spirit world (between lives), while doing hypnotherapy work. Newton further developed this technique and used it to help over seven thousand clients remember their time in the spirit world, or heaven, as well as gain insights into their life purpose.

Destiny of Souls describes fascinating details of the spirit world, like soul groups, spirit guides, soulmates and recreation in the afterlife. For enjoymen
Iona  Main Stewart
I have not read Newton's preceding book "Journey of Souls" so I can't compare it with the one under review.

In this book the author recounts how he places his clients under deep hypnosis, guides them to the spirit world between lives, and there interviews them about their experiences.

The book goes into more detail about the spiritual plane than any other book I have read on the subject, including those by Dolores Cannon.

Newton covers various subjects, such as techniques used by the souls to comfo
L.L.
Ta książka może trochę mniej mnie zainteresowała niż poprzednia, ale tak jakoś może po prostu zagadnienia w pierwszym tomie poruszane są jednymi z tych mniej (dla mnie) interesujących, bo ogólnie to uważam, że i tak warto przeczytać.

Jednak znalazło się kilka cytatów wartych uwagi:

"W czasie długich lat mojej praktyki ani razu nie spotkałem pacjenta, który byłby opętany przez ducha, nieprzyjaznego lub jakiegokolwiek innego. Kiedy oznajmiłem to w czasie jednego z wykładów, pewien mężczyzna podniósł
My Pseudonym
Anybody who has read Journey of Souls should also read this more advanced work on the spirit world between incarnations. Newton takes you on a more profound journey through the spirit world with this work, and enhances a lot of the topics in Journey of Souls, while throwing in some new ones as well. He introduces a small section towards explaining the various type of recreational activities souls undertake in the spirit world between spiritual learning and physical lives.

Also, questions surroun
L.L.
Po prostu cytaty (z moim komentarzem tu i tam)

"Ludzie utożsamiają często miłość ze szczęściem. Jednakże szczęście jest stanem umysłu, który musi rozwijać się w nas samych, a nie zależeć od kogoś innego."

"Wiedząc to co wiem o sposobie, w jaki nasze dusze wybierają życie i o użytku, jaki czynią z wolnej woli, by wprowadzać w nim zmiany, jestem przekonany, że mamy prawo wybrać śmierć, kiedy cierpienie odbiera życiu wszelką wartość, a nie ma już żadnej nadziei na wyzdrowienie."

- to bardzo dobre ksią
Anne S Nicholas
groundbreaking and vital

Read this book if you want to begin to understand why you are alive. It provides a perspective that makes you examine your personal motivations and behavior choices amid the big and small events of your life.
Christine Howard
What are our lives like between lives. Newton has explored that with his patients in hypnotherapy. What he reveals is amazing and makes one think what is out there for us in the afterlife. More than we know more than we can imagine. Here's a look at it.
Jo
A good follow up to Michael Newton's previous book on Journey Of Souls. There are more case studies of regression under hypnosis and lots of facts about how these regressions are carried out.
While the results are very interesting I personally find it very hard to actually come to terms with the endless coming back to earth because we need to perfect things that we got wrong or to make amends for our wrong doings in our previous life.
I know that a large number of religions all over the world hol
Victoria
I did like this book, although at times it got slow. If you question the afterlife it may be a good book to read. I definitely enjoy the idea that there is something more to death than just darkness. I took this with a grain of salt though due to the fact this information was collected by doing regression. If you want a book to pass the time and are looking for an answer to what may be afterlife, give this book a shot. All of the people that Micheal Newton regresses have very similar stories. Th ...more
Lorrie
I don't necessarily buy into everything he says, but I like this topic and found it interesting. I would read more of his stuff, no problem.
  • Same Soul, Many Bodies: Discover the Healing Power of Future Lives through Progression Therapy
  • Life After Life: The Investigation of a Phenomenon - Survival of Bodily Death
  • Many Mansions: The Edgar Cayce Story on Reincarnation
  • Talking to Heaven: A Medium's Message of Life After Death
  • There is a River: The Story of Edgar Cayce
  • Saved by the Light: The True Story of a Man Who Died Twice and the Profound Revelations He Received
  • Bringers of the Dawn: Teachings from the Pleiadians
  • One Last Time
  • Your Soul's Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born
  • 2150 A.D.
  • The Inner Sky: How to Make Wiser Choices for a More Fulfilling Life
  • Between Death & Life: Conversations with a Spirit
  • The Seth Material
  • Closer to the Light: Learning from the Near-Death Experiences of Children
  • Personal Power through Awareness: A Guidebook for Sensitive People
  • Shadow Dance: Liberating the Power & Creativity of Your Dark Side
Michael Newton, Ph.D., born in 1951, holds a doctorate in Counseling Psychology, is a certified Master Hypnotherapist, and is a member of the American Counseling Association. He has also been on the faculty of higher educational institutions as a teacher while active in private practice in Los Angeles. Over many years, Dr. Newton developed his own intensive age regression techniques in order to ef ...more
More about Michael Newton...
Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives Memories of the Afterlife: Life-Between-Lives Stories of Personal Transformation Life Between Lives: Hypnotherapy for Spiritual Regression The Michael Newton Journey of Souls Boxed Set Lelkünk útja II.

“Spiritual perception must be an individual quest or it has no meaning. We are greatly influenced by our own immediate reality, and we can act on that reality one step at a time without the necessity of seeing too far into the distance. Even steps in the wrong direction give us insight into the many paths designed to teach us. To bring the soul Self into harmony with our physical environment, we are given freedom of choice to exercise free will in the search for the reasons why we are here. On the road of life we must take responsibility for all our decisions without blaming other people for life’s setbacks that bring unhappiness.” 0 likes