The E. Before Christmas

The E. Before Christmas

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  216 ratings  ·  16 reviews
The Miller Shanks Christmas party is going to be the best and most impressive ever -- or at least, that's the plan. It certainly turns out to be unforgettable... Once again told entirely in a series of e-mails, the further adventures of the characters from e take them into the run-up to Christmas. Harriet's determined to make her first party as MD mega-memorable, but even...more
Published 2000 by Harper Collins

To ask other readers questions about The E. Before Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The E. Before Christmas

Annet
I love Matt Beaumont, he makes me laugh! I read 'E' while on a camping holiday in Canada 2 years ago, and I remember reading it at the campfire, laughing out loud all the time. So I thought I just had to read The E before Xmas. Couldn't find it in the bookstores in London, so I ended up ordering this one second hand from amazon and I don't regret it. A great, entertaining, relaxing read just before Xmas. Hilarious and such a good destressing 'tool' to battle the work(aholic) stress! And some det...more
Tanya Korval
It's not often that novellas get released (outside of indie publishing), which is a pity because they're a great low-cost way to try a new author. I'd already read 'e' before I came across 'The e Before Christmas' so for me it was just another bite-sized portion of the same great Beaumont humor. It retains the same characters from 'e' and relates events before and immediately after an office Christmas party. As in 'e', office life, the advertising industry, PR and marketing are all in for a dig,...more
Mike Steven
A thoroughly entertaining short novel told entirely through work emails sent around the time of the Christmas party. This enables the reader to never get a true picture of events, but only as it is seen through the eyes of each of the main characters. Although not the first person to use this kind of idea, it did remind me of my days working in an office and the countless pointless, gossipy or bitchy emails that filled my days.

(I recently re-read this book and enjoyed it as much the second time...more
Karl Mullins
Very little book but great addition to the series, laugh out loud funny. A book you can read in a day
Tatiana
So this is in between e and e squared, which may have been more entertaining if i had read it in order, but i feel like this one was a little flat. Maybe, as much as i love hanging out with this gang, it's gotten too predictable, or maybe i just already know too much from reading e squared. still a fun read though and bonus lesbionic sidebar.
Paul
I've read this before and I love it. It's a short follow-up to the the original E: A Novel and very funny as we enter the festive season.

Apparently Matt Beaumont is writing a new novel about the Miller Shanks ad agency for publication next year. I can't wait!
Bridget
This isnt really a book, but an online file I bought from Amazon a few years ago - a follow-up to the hilarious book "E" about the antics of an advertising company in London. Matt Beaumont is a great writer, and I wish more of his books would be available in the US.
Sergio GRANDE films
Same characters from E but none of the imagination. The title is very apt; it feels like a book that was written quickly just to make money from the Christmas shoppers. A completely unnecessary follow-up.
Anita
Love, love, loved this book - finished it in a couple of hours and laughed so much. All the favs from "E" are back in fine form.

First to read will enjoy - Nige.
Elizabeth
I devour Matt Beaumont's books. All written in emails. Set at an agency in London. Trashy. Fast-paced. Hilarious. Write more, Mr. Beaumont. Please write more.
Sarah Goode
Read this one in 2 days!

A nice little funny book. Passing this on to someone I know has it on their wishlist.
Mikki
Maybe I needed to read it when it first came out? Maybe I need to understand English humour (clever, no?) more?
Shash
Aug 02, 2007 Shash rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
part two of e - a novel. Must read to find out what happens next.
Elizabeth
an epistolary novel! Very funny.
Andrew Gallagher
PR never seemed so interesting before.
Shweta Rohira
Shweta Rohira marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Amy Lieberman
Amy Lieberman marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Abby Abudjab
Abby Abudjab marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Lucy Berry
Lucy Berry marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Gwen
Gwen marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014