The Story of Harriet Tubman: Conductor of the Underground Railroad

The Story of Harriet Tubman: Conductor of the Underground Railroad

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  7 reviews
This inspiring biography of Harriet Tubman tells how she helped free over 300 slaves as a "conductor" for the Underground Railroad and how she became a nurse, a scout and spy for the Union Forces during the Civil War.
Published December 2nd 1990 by Yearling (first published December 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Story of Harriet Tubman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Story of Harriet Tubman

Mandy
I read this book about a million times growing up. There is something about Harriet Tubman and her heart for people that inspired me at a young age to do whatever I could to love people, no matter what the cost.
Natalie
We read this book as a novel in reading class and I thought this book was amazing.
Rebecca
The book is about Harriet Tubman. She was born a slave. Her original name was Minty. Her owner was Thomas and he took her away from her parents to live with Miss Susan. Miss Susan was very mean. If Minty did something wrong she'd get whipped but it wasn't her fault because she know how to do some of the things they asked of her like knit and sweep.
Natalie
I'll want to talk with Sam about the book but I think she can handle it at this point. It's not overly violent or upsetting, other than the fact that slavery in and of itself is upsetting.
Katie
Braden liked this book better than the historical fiction book about H. Tubman, "Listen for the Whippoorwill".
Book-It October 2012
Zoe
I love this book and would read it again for sure!!!

(I read it in two days!)
Lauren :D
It was a good book, i think it is very interesting
Christopher Maxwell
Christopher Maxwell marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Joanne G.
Joanne G. marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Monica Garcia
Monica Garcia marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Hailey
Hailey is currently reading it
Jan 31, 2014
Annette1462
Annette1462 marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Beckie Brant
Beckie Brant marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Mr.
Mr. added it
Jan 06, 2014
Emilyrosalonyahoo.com
Emilyrosalonyahoo.com marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Manoucheka
Manoucheka marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Catalina Calero
Catalina Calero marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
reading log entry #3 1 1 Dec 18, 2011 08:10PM
I Stink! The New Kid at School (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #1) Have a Hot Time, Hades! (Myth-O-Mania, #1) Revenge of the Dragon Lady (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #2) I'm Dirty!