Start by marking “The Story of Harriet Tubman: Conductor of the Underground Railroad” as Want to Read:
The Story of Harriet Tubman: Conductor of the Underground Railroad

The Story of Harriet Tubman: Conductor of the Underground Railroad

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  9 reviews
This inspiring biography of Harriet Tubman tells how she helped free over 300 slaves as a "conductor" for the Underground Railroad and how she became a nurse, a scout and spy for the Union Forces during the Civil War.
Published December 2nd 1990 by Yearling (first published December 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Story of Harriet Tubman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Story of Harriet Tubman

Mandy
I read this book about a million times growing up. There is something about Harriet Tubman and her heart for people that inspired me at a young age to do whatever I could to love people, no matter what the cost.
Natalie
We read this book as a novel in reading class and I thought this book was amazing.
Erin
Interesting read on a very brave woman.
Rebecca
The book is about Harriet Tubman. She was born a slave. Her original name was Minty. Her owner was Thomas and he took her away from her parents to live with Miss Susan. Miss Susan was very mean. If Minty did something wrong she'd get whipped but it wasn't her fault because she know how to do some of the things they asked of her like knit and sweep.
Natalie
I'll want to talk with Sam about the book but I think she can handle it at this point. It's not overly violent or upsetting, other than the fact that slavery in and of itself is upsetting.
Johnny Bennett
A good, kid level, introductory book on Harriet Tubman. It's amazing what she managed to do. And really sad how poorly she was treated by the government she fought to protect.
Katie
Braden liked this book better than the historical fiction book about H. Tubman, "Listen for the Whippoorwill".
Book-It October 2012
Zoe
I love this book and would read it again for sure!!!

(I read it in two days!)
Lauren :D
It was a good book, i think it is very interesting
maloni Watkins
maloni Watkins marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Angelica
Angelica marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
Carolina Garcia
Carolina Garcia marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Janessa
Janessa marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Jbondandrews
Jbondandrews marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Vaibhav
Vaibhav marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Irfan
Irfan marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Tyasiawhite
Tyasiawhite marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Brandice
Brandice marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Katetria Harris
Katetria Harris marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Shehryaar
Shehryaar is currently reading it
Feb 16, 2015
Beatriz Rodriguez
Beatriz Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
reading log entry #3 1 2 Dec 18, 2011 08:10PM
I Stink! The New Kid at School (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #1) Have a Hot Time, Hades! (Myth-O-Mania, #1) I'm Dirty! Revenge of the Dragon Lady (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #2)