Start by marking “Animal Miracles: Inspirational and Heroic True Stories” as Want to Read:
Animal Miracles: Inspirational and Heroic True Stories

Animal Miracles: Inspirational and Heroic True Stories

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  66 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Each Small Miracles book is a collection of more than sixty heartwarming stories that recall remarkable coincidences that have changed people's ordinary lives.
Published April 28th 1999 by Adams Media Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Animal Miracles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animal Miracles

Esther
Oct 02, 2013 Esther rated it it was amazing
Very inspirational stories. It's impossible to document all these snippets, usually a few pages each, so I doubt a couple were true.
Meghan
Aug 14, 2011 Meghan rated it liked it
I am not a huge fan of non-fiction. It just does not keep my attention as a good fiction book does. With that being said, however, one of the only types of non-fiction I will read is that about animals. I picked up Animal Miracles at the public library from the large print section. Sometimes you can find books there that you can't find in the regular section. I was not expecting much from the book. Mainly I picked it up looking for fluffy animal stories. Which is exactly what I got, with some sp ...more
Cazamelia
Jul 16, 2014 Cazamelia rated it really liked it
I have this book along with the three other books in the series (the other titles being Dog Miracles, Cat Miracles, and Horse Miracles). All four books have some truly touching and heartwarming true stories of the devotion and loyalty of domesticated companion animals, and sometimes even their wild cousins.

I have read books on animal heroics before, but these books are slightly different. Not all the stories are a about a single, dramatic act of courage that saved a life (although there are some
Mary
Sep 07, 2015 Mary rated it did not like it
Shelves: nonfiction
This book offers short essays about how various animals have rescued humans from danger.
Sandy
An interesting collection of stories about animals and the unexplained miracles they have performed in people's lives. Some of the stories are very unique and inspirational.
Laura Verret
Sep 20, 2010 Laura Verret rated it liked it
Shelves: library-sale
A sweet collection of amazing animal stories. I never realized that animals were quite so heroic.

Note: This book should be read with disgression. Several of the pet owners have visions of their pets after they die, and the last chapter is devoted to helping you establish a mind-link with your pet through meditation and contemplation over the Oneness of reality.......
White-paw
Nov 29, 2010 White-paw rated it it was amazing
Dozens of touching and truly extraordinary stories on benign animals miraculously protecting and sometimes saving the lives of human beings. These stories will definetly put a smile on your face and warm your heart. I would recomend this to any animal lover, as there are stories about birds, dogs, cats, pigs, and more!
Sue
May 06, 2014 Sue rated it liked it
A little chewed-up and simplistic for anything more than a three, but it occurs to me that these would make good bedtime stories to read aloud--if anyone still does that anymore.
Natalie
Jan 12, 2009 Natalie rated it it was amazing
Loved this one! Some very good stories, and an easy read b/c you can read a few and put it down and come back at any time. Great to read if your feeling down.
Ellen
Aug 10, 2012 Ellen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely stories of angles helping people during a death defying moment and how they lived to tell about them.
Diedre
Oct 05, 2010 Diedre rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since my father's death I have seeking something.. I can't believe he has been gone 2 months.. I miss him terribly.. but i have been seeking some spiritual answers and I suppose I wanted to be in touch what is going on.. This book made me feel comforted that there is a purpose and good out there beyond this earth... I know my Dad is in a beautiful place...I will struggle to still find answers but I slowly feeling more at peace.. Not yet but I hope I will be in time..
Allison Folie
Allison Folie marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Pooei
Pooei marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2015
MJ
MJ added it
Dec 02, 2015
Tina Janes
Tina Janes rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Taryn Romanczak
Taryn Romanczak rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2015
Abby Gandy
Abby Gandy rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2015
Brooke
Brooke rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2015
Julie
Julie added it
Aug 23, 2015
Charissa
Charissa rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2015
Laura rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2015
Dawn
Dawn is currently reading it
Jun 01, 2015
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Sandi
Sandi rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Suzy
Suzy marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Mehdi
Mehdi marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Erika Hemond
Erika Hemond rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2015