Start by marking “Because of You” as Want to Read:
Because of You

Because of You

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  13 reviews
With gentle, joyful illustrations, this celebration of the potential in each person illuminates the simple ways the world can be a better place — because of you.

Each time a child is born,
the world changes.

Each child brings to the world one more person to love and care for — and one more person who can love and care for others. As children grow and learn, they can teach oth
Published March 3rd 2005 by Candlewick Press

To ask other readers questions about Because of You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Because of You

Tasha
This book speaks to the power of people in two distinct ways. It speaks in pairs of lines that have similar themes but look at them from different points of view. So the world is better for having a new person to love and care for, but also the world is better because there is a new person who will love and care for others. This pairing happens throughout the book, strengthening the message that each person has value and impact in the world. The book ends with the breaking of the pattern where i ...more
متن‌ها و روایت‌ها
با وجود تو / بی.جی. هنیسی
موضوع در شناسنامه‌ی کتاب: اجتماع، تولد
مشخصات نشر: تهران: حوا، چاپ اول، 1388ش

با به‌دنیا آمدن هر کودکی دنیا نیز دگرگون می‌شود.
با به‌دنیا آمدن تو، یک‌نفر دیگر هم پیدا می‌شود که به دیگران عشق ورزد و به‌آن‌ها توجه کند و احساس شاد یا غمینش را قسمت کند.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
I was impressed with the powerful message that is printed in this tiny picture book. Because of You is such an interesting phrase to highlight. It brings to mind the harsh tones and sweet melodies of the phrase. Harsh because it can be a phrase of anger or hurt. Sweet because it can be a phrase of love and honor. It's a two fold message - each person born into this world will create room for trouble and peace, hurt and help, love and kindness.

I would love to see this title updated for older rea
babyhippoface
Each person’s potential to change the world for the better through acts of kindness is celebrated in this delightfully uplifting picture book from B.G. Hennessy and Hiroe Nakata.

Bright watercolor illustrations of round-faced characters have plenty of kid appeal and complement the text, but it is the benevolent message that gives the book its strength. Hennessy’s text is simple and brief but powerful enough to stand alone as a positive message for ages 3 to 93. "Because of You" should find a spot
Katie
A book that all parents should read to their children. This book is simply amamzing. It shows children that they are loved and that they do have a purpose, even when they have rough days. I recommend this to all ages. This book is great for bonding and just saying "I love you". Can be kept in a classroom library and used as a read aloud for the beginning of the year.
Hope
An easy read about how kindness and unselfishness can change the world, because of you. I read this book to a 2nd grade class with hopes it would remind them to be kind to one another and to help each other with when they are able to. Love Love Love this book.I would read this book to all ages.
Leslie
Jan 01, 2008 Leslie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
this is a wonderful children's book with beautiful illustrations. the message is simple: you are important and capable of wonderful things even though you are just a small child. a good beginning to any young life and a great message for us all.
Brian
A feel good story that should be read by all parents to their children. This can also be utilized in just about any classroom to teach friendship and tolerance if utilized right.
DJ
This book is so very sweet! It really puts the world into perspective & shows how being a good person (and just a person, period) is so important! I will be buying this one!
Ju
Introduces the concept of peace and a child's role in creating peace and being respectful of those around them.
Elizabeth
Feb 25, 2008 Elizabeth rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Juliette
Shelves: childrens-lit
This is sweetly illustrated, and lovely to read. Would make a great gift for a new baby.
Christinna
Loved this book, makes you think about how special each person is!
Karen
Children's Choice Award Finalist 2009
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Susan Redder
Susan Redder marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Sharen Vanessa
Sharen Vanessa marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Fernanda Garcia
Fernanda Garcia marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Jinny
Jinny added it
Sep 13, 2014
Adrian
Adrian added it
Jun 19, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
A LITTLE ABOUT ME

As a child I loved to draw-but I also loved books, especially picture books. I still remember certain illustrations, covers and bindings from books that were read to me as a young girl.
I’ve lived in many places: I grew up in Wantagh on Long Island, N.Y., graduated from Northfield Mount Hermon School in Massachusetts and attended St. Lawrence University in upstate New York.

At the U
More about B.G. Hennessy...
Corduroy Lost and Found The Boy Who Cried Wolf One Little, Two Little, Three Little Pilgrims Claire and the Unicorn Happy Ever After Corduroy Goes to the Library