Start by marking “Disney's Aladdin: The Making of an Animated Film” as Want to Read:
Disney's Aladdin: The Making of an Animated Film

Disney's Aladdin: The Making of an Animated Film

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A breathtaking inside look at the making of Aladdin. From screenplay to storyboard to recording studio--featuring interviews with the animators and 200 full-color photos--every facet of Aladdin's creation is explored in fascinating detail. This is a keepsake volume that every fan of the film must have.
Published August 15th 1993 by Disney Editions (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Disney's Aladdin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Disney's Aladdin

Rene
I was actually able to have this book personally autographed by the author John Culhane back in 1999. I met him at a Disney Institute Animation Event in Florida. Such an amazing time!
Drew Graham
I received this book for Christmas when I was probably 12 years old. I was completely obsessed with all things Disney, and Aladdin was (and remains, incidentally) my favorite Disney animated film. I loved the beautifully animated characters and the exotic setting, the thrilling music and the great story. I think I must have looked through this book a hundred times or something, and did several drawings based on the illustrations, but never actually read it until now, which I did as I'm working m ...more
Parka

(More pictures at parkablogs.com)

This is a "making of" book compared to the other "art of" books released by Disney Editions for the traditional animated films like Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, etc. As such, there's a lot less art relative to the art books, but still plenty enough, including lots of set workplace photos and portraits of legendary animators.

It goes behind the scenes to look at how the animated film was produced. There are stories at all stages of production, from the story p
Kelly K
It was interesting that many of the people who worked on the creation of 'Beauty and the Beast' also helped with 'Aladdin'. It was also pretty cool to learn that the animation of Agrabah was based on a village in Iran. Otherwise, this book wasn't too interesting. It skipped around a lot between animators and told more of what was actually in the film instead of how it was created.
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Azza
Azza marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Miduki Kai
Miduki Kai marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Naailah Patel
Naailah Patel marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Ale
Ale marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Ellie Taylor
Ellie Taylor marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Rayzel ♔
Rayzel ♔ marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Louis
Louis marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
krad
krad marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Brian
Brian added it
Mar 04, 2015
Sara
Sara added it
Jan 23, 2015
Zsolt Wagner
Zsolt Wagner marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Lzlizzie
Lzlizzie marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Arielle
Arielle marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Sydney
Sydney marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Analissa Fazio
Analissa Fazio marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Walt Disney's Fantasia Fantasia 2000 The American Circus: An Illustrated History Special Effects in the Movies: How They Do it: Dazzling Movie Magic and the Artists Who Create It