Father in Training (Silhouette Special Edition, #969)

Father in Training (Hometown Heartbreakers #3)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  205 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Single mom Sandy Walker came to Glenwood seeking a quiet, friendly place to raise her three children. No way was she looking for a walk on the wild side with notorious bachelor Kyle Haynes. So what if the impossibly sexy deputy enthralled her kids and made Sandy ache with desire? She needed a provider, not an adventurer.

For sixteen years, Kyle had been harboring a crush on...more
Published June 1st 1995 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about Father in Training, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Father in Training

Motorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyReaper's Property by Joanna WyldeSweet Dreams by Kristen AshleyUndeniable by Madeline SheehanWild Man by Kristen Ashley
Cycle of Love: Bikers!
174th out of 187 books — 448 voters
Motorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireReaper's Property by Joanna WyldeSweet Dreams by Kristen AshleyUndeniable by Madeline Sheehan
Bad Boy Bikers We Love
81st out of 87 books — 133 voters

More lists with this book...

Saly
Have you ever read a book where you hated the heroine and wondered what the hero saw in her and why didn't he dump the shrew?Well, Father in Training is like that, I have enjoyed all the Haynes family books when I read them 3 years back but this one was the least good. Kyle is the youngest brother and was affected strongly by their mother walking on them, so for years he has vowed not to let anyone get the same opportunity.

When he was a teen he had a bad crush on 2 years older Sandy who never no...more
Ana
Sandy decided that it was time to change her life - so she moved from LA to a small town she spent her teen years in. She was looking for a change not only for herself but for her children as well. Since her husband died two years ago she was coping, but her children had some problems. So Glenwood it is. But when she got to her house the first person she met was Kyle, her high school boyfriend's little brother. And he's all grown up. If only she had the strength to resist him.

Kyle wasn't looking...more
Maria
Another book in the Haynes brothers series, this one is about Kyle and Sandy and Sandy's three children. I've read the others, all out of order, but each stands well on its own. They are all good enough that I'll re-read them in order next year.
Lara
Jul 13, 2014 Lara rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
This was a republication of one of Susan Mallery's backlist. The heroine is uptight, controlling, judgmental, and insecure. Ugh. The hero is a ladies man who has carried a torch for her since high school. Overall, the story was bland with most of the drama caused by the heroine flying off the handle and not giving anyone else a chance to talk. In addition, while I accepted the attraction between the two, I didn't see them getting to know each other at all, so the romance wasn't believable. The m...more
Julia
Sandy was absolutely the most annoying character I have ever read. I love Susan Mallery but my goodness Sandy was by far the worst character she's written. I loved Kyle and even I was screaming at him to drop her even though I enjoy happily ever afters. Two stars because it's Susan Mallery and Kyle was the best.
Gitte
love me some Kyle, not so much Sandy and not only because she didn't se the wonderful in front of her. She was irritating all the way trough.
4* for Kyle
2* for Sandy
gives 3*
Kobie
loved Kyle!
Donna
I didn't like #3 of this series as well as some of the others...Sandy was actually pretty irritating and Kyle was a little " too good to be true" to be believable. I got a little tired of Sandy jumping to conclusions and thinking the worst possible about Kyle. The ending with the kids watching was cute!!
Rachel
Heroine is HORRIBLE. Can't figure out what the hero saw in her. Ugh the whole way through.
Cathy Beckett
Cathy Beckett is currently reading it
Sep 01, 2014
Patty McKenna Van Hulle
Patty McKenna Van Hulle marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Sharon Piper
Sharon Piper marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Sheryl Gibson
Sheryl Gibson marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it come...more
More about Susan Mallery...
Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1) Only Mine (Fool's Gold #4) Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5) Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2) Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3)