One in a Million (Silhouette Special Edition, #1543)

One in a Million (Hometown Heartbreakers #10)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  267 ratings  ·  13 reviews

Single mom and B & B owner Stephanie Wynne lived without stopping, until FBI Agent Nash Harmon showed up as her guest...and the star of her passionate fantasies. When he kissed her for real, Stephanie set some ground rules to avoid the messy complications of relationships with men. Sexy pillow talk was fine, but love...?

Nothing surprised Nash, until Stephanie's lively

Published June 1st 2003 by Silhouette (first published 2003)

Susan
Fantastic book. Nash had come to town to meet some half brothers he hadn't known he had. When he finally met them, as a group they were overwhelming with all the spouse and kids. While staying at Stephanie's B&B, he began to experience feelings he didn't know he could have. He had always been one to keep a lid on his emotions. Stephanie was an open, fun loving single mom who was very independent. She'd had a bad marriage with a man who was irresponsible and wasn't interested in any more rela...more
Ashley F
** spoiler alert ** While reading this one I found I preferred the second story but both stories sort of dragged for me. While I loved the general premise of both I wished different aspects had been explored longer than the ones that were.

I've been running into this problem with some romance novels, especially the Harlequin lines. Most of the books are either long (in excess) but never broach the topics I find interesting (more on this later) or they are short (too short) and never delve into a...more
Saly
One in a Million was kind of predictable book. Based in a small town where all the Haynes brothers live and the newly discovered one's come for a reunion.

Nash is a FBI negotiator, who is getting burned out ever since his wife died 2 years ago and he is staying at a B&B run by Stephanie. Stephanie is a widow with 3 kids, her husband was just like her parents, childish and irresponsible but she stayed for her kids. She knowing her track record doesn't want a 4th kid but is still attracted to N...more
Liz
Susan Mallery does it again. This was definitely a cute short read. Good short story that touches all the bases and you can't help but love. Nash was and stephanie where perfect together even though she annoyed me near the end with her just brushing Nash away then being depressed he's gone. But other then that I like it and will be definatly re reading this book
MK Daunting
Unusual story, mostly because Nash's family is not typical. I like that Stephanie is honest about her (deceased) husband's poorer qualities without ever bad-mouthing him; exes should never be cast in a purely bad or a purely good light. The kids sound like real kids, which is highly unusual and really adds to the likability of this story.
Maria
Although a Silhouette, this one is more than just a romance. As usual for Susan Mallery, it is fun light reading but this one gives some insight into single parenting problems. Plus I like books with kids in them.
Joanne
Enjoyed this book re: single mom Stephanie who has three children and is a B&B owner and an FBI agent Nash who stays at her B&B and how two people who want no commitments ends up totally committed.
Dee
Two-haiku review:

She runs B and B
He's stressed from job, comes to stay
He finds family

Could have been deeper
Part of an early series
Well done, what there was
Donna
This was a fun, fast read. I loved the ending with Nash arriving in a helicopter to sweep them off their feet. Otherwise, there wasn't a lot of depth to the story.
Nichole
Absolutely loved it, I did not know this was a series so now I am going to go back and find the first ones!
Barbara
I believe this is my first book by this author. Good love story.
April Welch
A sweet story!
Nadine Javan
Nadine Javan is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Chelly Schultz
Chelly Schultz marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Archana Sudhakar
Archana Sudhakar marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Kari Bigelow
Kari Bigelow marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Virgin Wife
  • Front Page Engagement
  • Dante's Stolen Wife
  • Price of Passion
  • Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)
  • The Marchese's Love Child
  • A Man in a Million (The Moorehouse Legacy, #4)
  • A Baby For Emily (Silhouette Special Edition #1466)
  • Michael's Discovery (The Devaneys #3)
  • Treat Her Right (Men To The Rescue #4) (Harlequin Temptation, No. 852)
  • I Want Candy (Bigler, North Carolina #2)
  • The Spanish Prince's Virgin Bride (Billionaires' Brides, #3)
  • Rock My World (The Wrong Bed) (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Worth Dying For (The Protectors, #24)
  • The McCaffertys: Matt (McCaffertys)
  • Small Town Christmas (Lucky Harbor, #2.5, Deep in the Heart of Texas #2.5, Last Chance #2.5)
  • Jezebel's Blues (Silhouette Special Edition, #785)
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it come...more
More about Susan Mallery...
Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1) Only Mine (Fool's Gold, #4) Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5) Almost Perfect (Fool’s Gold, #2) Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3)