Start by marking “The Mystery of Tally-Ho Cottage (The Five Find-Outers, #12)” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of Tally-Ho Cottage (The Five Find-Outers, #12)

The Mystery of Tally-Ho Cottage (The Five Find-Outers #12)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,516 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
A missing picture, a locked-up house, and a white poodle all come togther to make up the mystery of Tally-Ho cottage. It seems insoluble until Fatty has a brainwave- to Mr Goon's disgust.
Published 2004 by DEAN (first published 1954)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of Tally-Ho Cottage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of Tally-Ho Cottage

Robin Rowles
Mar 18, 2015 Robin Rowles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: influence
"A very fine mystery - there's more than meat on this rubber bone!"

Book twelve in this series, was first published in 1954, and for me, it stands the test of time!
The Five Find-Outers: Fatty, Pip, Daisy, Larry and Bets - along with Buster, the dog, are soon on the trail of the thieves! The Lorenzos, tenants of Tally-Ho cottage, have vanished - just leaving behind their precious poodle, Poppet, with Mr and Mrs Larkin.
A priceless old picture is discovered to be stolen from a famous gallery.

Fatty n
Sharath Sriram
May 14, 2014 Sharath Sriram rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Personally, this is one of my favorite books in this series. I particularly love the climax....I generally love twists.
But yeah, the plot was predictable, very much predictable in fact, I could see the ending coming miles away. That was because there was no other outcome, it was very plain, there was no other theory in my mind, the fact that somebody was impersonating the Lorenzos was very obvious, you could guess it by the time you finish 40-50% of the book%
But yeah, given the fact that this b
Uyen
Aug 02, 2013 Uyen rated it really liked it
A pretty decent MYSTERY book for MYSTERY lover! Would recommend this book for children's of all ages!
Darshana Unnikrishnan
good one :-) my first one in 5 find-outer series i guess :-) fatty's disguise is nice :-)
Juvenal Nkeramahame
A goodread for children or the beginner-of-whodunits.
Vibha★
Nov 19, 2012 Vibha★ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book by Enid Blyton!
Κατερίνα
Jan 15, 2016 Κατερίνα rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 4 stars reflect my enjoyment of the books as a kid. As an adult rereading the book, I'd probably rate it somewhere between 2-3 stars. The mystery in this one is decent, but once again it's Freddy being awesome and everyone else going "oh wow, Freddy, you're so awesome!"

(as a kid, I was very impressed by Freddy too)
***
Η επιμέλεια των βιβλίων (στην έκδοση που διάβασα εγώ, αυτή που κυκλοφορούσε και στα παιδικά μου χρόνια) είναι επιεικώς άθλια: "απίδια" αντί για "παιδιά", "πραμαγτικά" σε 2 περιπ
Blythe
Aug 30, 2013 Blythe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!
Rhiannon Mudford

When the Lorenzo’s go away leaving their house locked up and their precious white poodle with their gamekeeper and wife, it is assumed by the village that they have gone on holiday. However when a priceless picture goes missing from a famous art gallery and the Lorenzo’s fit the description for the criminals behind it, alarm bells start to ring. Mr Goon the local policeman is on the case; with a track record of not solving cases particularly quickly.

Can the Five Find-outers, a local group of ch
Mihir Jain
Jul 29, 2015 Mihir Jain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
13 year old me laughed and laughed and fell off the bed.
Jun 16, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I used to love these books when I was younger and read them all the time - they were my favourite Enid Blyton mystery series! Then the other day when my brother borrowed this one I re-read it to see if they were still as good as I remembered.
Long story short - I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. The 'mystery' is rather simple for this Sherlock lover, and the form of solving it even more so, but the characters are still great. Fatty is decidedly a genius, and though this is still a ki
Frederick Tan
Dec 18, 2015 Frederick Tan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read.
Margaret Louw
Mar 05, 2016 Margaret Louw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good
Tommy Verhaegen
Mar 05, 2015 Tommy Verhaegen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paper_nl, youth-all
Exciting. Major part for Ernst which is refreshing.
A.R. Collins
Feb 13, 2016 A.R. Collins rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I knew what the picture thieves were going to do to hide themselves long before they actually did it, but the Find-Outers weren't too annoying in their blindness this time. Bets is very much on the ball in this one, and poor downtrodden Ern even has his moment of brilliance, as well as providing a healthy dose of humour at intervals throughout the story.
Alma
Feb 24, 2011 Alma rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Read this as part of a 3-story compilation of Enid Blyton's Five Found-Outers and a Dog. I still have that thing somwhere.
Malaika
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Apr 30, 2016
Jyothi
Jyothi rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2016
LucindaFox
LucindaFox rated it really liked it
abcdefg
abcdefg marked it as to-read
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Abby
Abby added it
Apr 28, 2016
Apekshit Jotwani
Apekshit Jotwani rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Richard
Richard rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Anisha
Anisha is currently reading it
Apr 24, 2016
Sophie
Sophie added it
Apr 23, 2016
  • The Secret of the Crooked Cat (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #13)
  • Winter Term at Malory Towers (Malory Towers, #9)
  • Di Gua Kelelawar (Lima Sekawan)
  • Uma Aventura na Biblioteca
  • The Mystery of the Sinister Scarecrow (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #29)
  • Jennings Goes To School
  • O clube das chaves entra em acção
  • The Mystery of the Talking Skull (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #11)
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

The Five Find-Outers (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Mystery of the Burnt Cottage (The Five Find-Outers, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Disappearing Cat (The Five Find-Outers, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Secret Room (The Five Find-Outers, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Spiteful Letters (The Five Find-Outers, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Missing Necklace (The Five Find-Outers, #5)
  • The Mystery of the Hidden House (The Five Find-Outers, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Pantomime Cat (The Five Find-Outers, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Invisible Thief (The Five Find-Outers, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Vanished Prince (The Five Find-Outers, #9)
  • The Mystery of the Strange Bundle (The Five Find-Outers, #10)