Start by marking “All About Women Short Story Collection, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
All About Women Short Story Collection, Volume 1

All About Women Short Story Collection, Volume 1

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Three of Anne M. Carpenter's fun and quick short stories in one great collection!

DREAM SCREAM
A youth uprising against a corrupt government brings revolution to the streets of America. In Chicago, Theresa has adjusted to the new reality of curfews and rations, but now a terrifying recurring dream warns of a new threat. Filled with foreboding, she struggles for normalcy. Is
Published May 9th 2012 by KLG Press

To ask other readers questions about All About Women Short Story Collection, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All About Women Short Story Collection, Volume 1

Susan Ashcraft
There are three stories in this collection.

Dream Scream: The war that has torn apart her family and her country were bad enough. Never seeing her family, having to scrimp and do without so many things drags a person down. As if all that weren't enough, night after long night, the dream, no actually its a nightmare, keeps coming. She's not sure how its going to end, but the dread that fills her soul keeps rising. When will it all stop?

A Strange Place: Thirteen army wives go out to drown their so
Madeline Sharples
The three stories in this book are light fast summer reading. I would have preferred more development, but these are short stories, not novels. I especially like the twist on the character of Glenda the Good Witch from the Wizard of Oz in the third story, “As the Witch Turns.” The energy and attitude are great. Reminds me of a piece I did about the stepmother in Cinderella. Whereas I think the endings in the first two stories: “Dream Scream” and “Hidden Intent” are too glib.
Christy Allen
Fun and original collection of short stories. Carpenter's prose is fluid and engaging, and I found the characters' relationships and dialogue to be natural. I liked Dream Scream and A Strange Place the best, though I loved the range of narrative style in the book and admired the unique take on the Wizard of Oz. Dream Scream left me wanting for more...I was intrigued by the world that Carpenter created and wanted to know the "rest of the story..."
Steven Ramirez
I enjoyed reading these stories. The author displays flashes of Ray Bradbury and Shirley Jackson—both of whom I love. If I had to sum up her work in a single word, it would be Wicked. I am most definitely looking forward to deeper, darker things from Anne.
Cynthia
Three short stories all about women that, even though they were short, wrapped everything up and made for a good read! Thank you to the author for sharing her work, and I look forward to more of her pieces in the future!
Julie Powell
Three great stories, and I love the way this author plays with the 'how is this going to turn out?' because you never quite know - and that's brilliant as far as I'm concerned. Loved them all.
Bert Edens
Bert Edens marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
May 18, 2013
Roy Huff
Roy Huff marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Grampy
Grampy marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2012
Mimi Jenkins
Mimi Jenkins marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2012
Jenny Pugh
Jenny Pugh marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2012
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2012
Rachael Thorne
Rachael Thorne marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2012
Rob Shepherd
Rob Shepherd marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2012
Edward Carpenter
Edward Carpenter marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2012
Rodney
Rodney marked it as to-read
May 25, 2012
Sandy Wolters
Sandy Wolters marked it as to-read
May 25, 2012
Anne M. Carpenter loves writing - but is and was a reader first! Whether penning short stories (which she loves!) or frantically pounding out the story line for longer fiction, she writes with an eye on what she loves: a little suspense, a little irony, humor at times, a twist to keep the heart pounding and above all else, characters real enough to jump off the page.

Facebook: facebook.com/annemcar
More about Anne M. Carpenter...
Hidden Intent The Mommy Letters A Strange Place As the Witch Turns Love, Hate & Matrimony Short Story Collection, Volume 1