Start by marking “I Have Life-Raped, Stabbed & Left for Dead: Alison's Inspiring Story of Survival as Told to Marianne Thamm” as Want to Read:

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  209 ratings  ·  33 reviews
In this inspiring tale, Alison, the victim of a brutal rape and attempted murder, shares the courage and philosophy that allowed her to turn her tragic experiences into something life-affirming and strong. With bravery and a keen sense of self-awareness, Alison recounts how she was car-jacked at knifepoint, raped, stabbed so many times that the doctors could not count her...more
Published April 1st 2004 by Vision (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about I Have Life-Raped, Stabbed & Left for Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Have Life-Raped, Stabbed & Left for Dead

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareThe Host by Stephenie MeyerHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Awesome books
282nd out of 417 books — 107 voters

More lists with this book...

Cam
Jul 25, 2009 Cam rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Cam by: Anne
Have found it difficult to rate a book like this, as it feels like I'm rating the individual & if this were the case - I would have given her 10 stars. It's an amazing story that has been told in many voices (from her parents to her surgeon) that I think the author did a fantastic job in capturing. Alison's frankness and bravery not only in living to tell this tale to many & inevitably to the writer herself is extraordinary. Then by all accounts she was an extraordinary woman in the firs...more
Nelly
May 16, 2008 Nelly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERY0NE!!!!!!!
Recommended to Nelly by: can't remember
A DEFINITE MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!....I have read this 0ne 0ver and 0ver and 0ver and 0ver....T00 D0PE!!!! TOO DOPE!!! T00 DOPE!!!! Y0u kn0w h0w people are always complaining ab0ut petty ish and always h0w they are t00 unf0rtunate blah blah blah...the b0ok is a true enc0unter 0f a face-t0-face interacti0n with death (metaphorically speaking, if that is p0ssible...haha)anyway, this is 0ne b0ok that has truly had a GREAT IMPACT in the way i perceive life, the lyrical graphic is EXCELLENT and man i w0...more
Jackie G Mills
It was a dark day when the story of Alison hit our local newspaper. I remember so well the shock, disbelief and horror. The fact that she survived was viewed as a miracle, and her story was told and retold for many many years. What a wonderful book written about a wonderfully brave woman.
Miranda
Wat een bizar verhaal, wat een dappere vechter is Alison. Vreselijk dat dit soort dingen gebeuren. Het boek was spannend, heftig...maar goed verteld. Mooi om te lezen hoe zij haar leven na de verkrachtig oppakt en andere mensen helpt.
Peta Smith
Great, Inspiring and unbelievable strong natured woman that lived a miracle is all I can say. Horrifying to be raped, slit throat and still managed to fight for life... I take my hat off to her. A great and inspirational book to read. Certainly makes you grateful for the live you currently live that's for sure. I will never forget this story. Ever.
♥ Marlene♥
I started to read this book and after a while I knew what was going to happen. I think I've read this book back in 2001 when I first started to borrow true crime books from the library. This is a story that once you have read it, you will never forget.

It was hard to read but in a way also beautiful because of the great mentality Allison had.
Too bad the writing style,was not great. Not sure if that is because of the translator or that I am not used to reading Dutch anymore.
Because of what happen...more
Marguerite Vockerodt
Loved the book, made me cry so many Times
Emma
So inspiring I couldn't put it down.
Kayleigh Veeren
Emotional. Moving.
Delia Pieters
Unfortunately, I had to force myself to finish this book. Although I have empathy with Alison, I found it difficult to read the book...
Donna Brown
An emotional read and hats off to both author and writer who must have been emotionally exhausted putting this story down on paper. I admit I did skip the last few chapters as I felt it was more of a self help episode but did enjoy the book (if enjoy is the right word!)
An
This must be one of the most extraordinary, courageous and inspiring stories I've ever read. Pity the writing is awful and gets even worse as the end nears. Must have been a crappy translating job.
Katie
Just finished this recently and this was another amazing true story. I read this book in almost a day! She was raped and almost murdered and live to tell about it. An unbelievable story!
Eva Somers
absoluut boeiend en tegelijk verschrikkelijk verhaal. Hoe sterk kan een mens zijn! De Nederlandse vertaling loopt evenwel - zeker in de tweede helft van het boek - nogal stroef.
BookwormLove
Gave me serious chills...made me cry...made me feel sick & scared! But a good and moving story, the determination of this women to live no matter what made me cry like a baby.
Helma
Tijd terug gelezen. Bijna ongelooflijk hoe ze deze aanval heeft kunnen overleven, maar daarna begint de geestelijke strijd pas. Boek werd op het einde helaas wel wat saaier.
John Sargent
unbelievably inspiring book. every one should read this. Great story of strength through adversity..
Katrina Horvath
Emotional reading , cried my way through this book , Alison is a brave and inspirational women
Katie
An incredibly powerful book. Alison is a strong, courageous, inspirational woman.
Bianca
After reading this book all I can say is: Respect!
Samke Mdladla
what a survivor alison is i admire her and her courage
Adriana hernandez
Alison is truly amazing! SHE IS A FIGHTER! Great read.
Julie Schuch
My Hero - May she ever be blessed x x x x x
Esteé Hallatt
Amazing what the human body & spirit can survive.
Monique
Amazing story of a very brave woman.
Karen Hunt
Really moving and easy to read
Goretti
WOW! survival of the toughest!
Katie
very eye opening and inspiring
Bianca Mariën
Great Story of a real brave woman.
Yvonne
Amazing she survived!
South African rape victim, who also was stabbed several times and was disemboweled.

Miraciously she survived and has been a inspirational speaker and writer ever since.
More about Alison...