Start by marking “Someone I Love Died by Suicide: A Story for Child Survivors and Those Who Care for Them” as Want to Read:

This book is designed for adult caregivers to read to surviving youngsters following a suicidal death. The story in this book allows individuals and opportunity to recognize normal grieving symptoms and to identify various interventions to promote healthy ways of coping with the death of a special person. Although the language used in the book is simplistic enough to be re ...more
Published May 8th 2001 by Grief Guidance Inc

To ask other readers questions about Someone I Love Died by Suicide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Someone I Love Died by Suicide

Arin Williams
This book directly addresses the reader as it explains what may happen in the aftermath of the completed suicide of a loved one. Topics of discussion include the symptoms that lead up to suicide, the feelings of loved ones left behind, the customs and traditions of death, and potential coping mechanisms. At times, the book uses language that may be too advanced for a young reader, and there is not a glossary of terms provided. 34 pages.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I'm not sure how to rate this one. There's some good stuff in here but it's for kids and the child I was using it for had no interest in it. The illustrations are pale and uninteresting and the text is dry. I think it's an area that really needs more books, but I'm afraid this one just doesn't do what it needs to do.
Kriselyn
Kriselyn marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Deeon
Deeon marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Andrea Labonte
Andrea Labonte rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Devin Van Patten
Devin Van Patten marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Gigi
Gigi marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Lillena
Lillena rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Michelle Smith- roberts
Michelle Smith- roberts marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Millie
Millie marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Nasima
Nasima marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2013
Diane Tirrell
Diane Tirrell rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2012
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2009