Start by marking “Neon Genesis Evangelion, Volume 6: Special Collector's Edition” as Want to Read:
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Volume 6: Special Collector's Edition

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Volume 6: Special Collector's Edition (Neon Genesis Evangelion #6)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  749 ratings  ·  9 reviews
This best-selling Manga version of Japans most controversial anime series is now available for the first time in a special collector's edition that preserves the original right-to-left orientation of the artwork.
Published August 10th 2002 by Viz Media (first published December 15th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Neon Genesis Evangelion, Volume 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neon Genesis Evangelion, Volume 6

Tomás
Esta serie se pone mejor en cada tomo. El dibujo, el guión, los personajes bien construidos, los momentos cómicos. Todo cierra. Una lástima que la haya empezado taaaan tarde pero valió mucho la pena empezarla de una vez por todas.
Brian
If Alan Moore's Watchmen is a 'classic' of the dark-fantasy comic genre, then NGE is a 'classic' of anime, and one with an incredibly loyal cult following. This, then, is the manga adaptation of one of that original contoversial, yet incredibly successful, anime.

I loved the anime series, although not a fanatical fan, as I thought both endings were EXTREMELY disappointing and actually detracted from the story. After reading this first 'book' I have to admit that I am impressed how well this adapt
Christina
Apparently this is the part where they want me to start dying inside.
Sébaste
I really did not expect to get into this so much. Like... What kind of ending was that?? This was amazing(ly depressing - in a good way -). I really can't wait to read the rest of this series.
Ryan
Read this right after reading vol. 5, and was glad to see that the high level of depth and quality in the previous volume was continued here.

In this volume, a new Eva is brought to Tokyo; however, it is taken over by an Angel, forcing Shinji, Rei, and Asuka to choose between friendship and duty. We also learn a little bit more about the organization, NERV, responsible for selecting the Eva pilots, and a bit more about the links between the Evas and the Angels.
Alx_zero
De nuevo, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto saca el máximo provecho al material con el que cuenta, mostrándonos muchas más aristas de los personajes. Este volumen, que en cierto modo tiene como centro a Touji, supone un punto de inflexión en la historia. A partir de aquí, nada podrá ser igual y el mangaka ha sabido transmitir muy bien ésto. Pilotar un EVA ha dejado de ser un juego y sólo podrá traer dolor a aquellos que están involucrados en la lucha.
Henry
What can I say here? This volume contains some great fan service (ha!), the same humor, and...a very tragic loss. That's all I can say. Also, like the prior volume, there are some rather interesting extras in the back showing a bit of the background of the series. Overall, another solid volume. Now, I wonder, what happens next?
Anthony Arcillas
Laura Romero
Laura Romero marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Power
Power marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
John Tabinski
John Tabinski marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
May
May added it
Feb 23, 2015
Sheena Melrose
Sheena Melrose marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Raymond Brooks
Raymond Brooks marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
  • Battle Angel Alita, Volume 02: Tears of an Angel
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days Volume 3
  • X/1999, Volume 06: Duet
  • Saikano: The Last Love Song on This Little Planet, Vol. 02
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Shinji Ikari Raising Project Volume 1
  • Naoki Urasawa Präsentiert: Monster, Band 16: Schön, dass du wieder da bist (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #16)
  • Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture 9 (Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, #9)
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto is a Japanese character designer, mangaka, and one of the founding members of the Gainax anime studio.

Also the character designer for the .hack//Games and the Package designer for the .hack//GU games.
More about Yoshiyuki Sadamoto...

Neon Genesis Evangelion (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 01
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 08
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 09
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 10
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 11
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 01 Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 02 Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 03 Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 05 Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 04