Start by marking “Neon Genesis Evangelion, Volume 6: Special Collector's Edition” as Want to Read:
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Volume 6: Special Collector's Edition

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Volume 6: Special Collector's Edition (Neon Genesis Evangelion #6)

4.3  ·  Rating Details ·  1,097 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
This best-selling Manga version of Japans most controversial anime series is now available for the first time in a special collector's edition that preserves the original right-to-left orientation of the artwork.
Published August 10th 2002 by Viz Media (first published December 15th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Neon Genesis Evangelion, Volume 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Neon Genesis Evangelion, Volume 6

Yukino
Nov 25, 2016 Yukino rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miei, 2016, manga
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION n. 6

Noooo nooooo noooo. Non è giusto. Sto male!
Questa volta è inizato già col botto della rivelazione avuta a fine volume precedente.
Abbiamo un attimo di pausa, per poi sprofondare in un vortice di situazioni che mi hanno devastata.

Non ce la faccio devo leggere immediatamente il prossimo!
Miguel Lugo
Feb 02, 2017 Miguel Lugo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
El tomo más crudo e intenso de lo que va en la serie. Las emociones de los personajes se transmiten de una manera realista que al final uno termina por tomarle cariño a los personajes sin saber lo que se avecina.

Este todo es un parteaguas para lo que se aproxima.
Mar 08, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Wow, just wow.

I've seen both the anime and rebuild films, so Evangelion is not new to me. But even so this was still a huge roller coaster ride.

I enjoyed the series previously, but I found them a bit like a David Lynch film. Fantastic at the time, but my memory of what happens fades quickly.

So, now that the manga is finished I've picked it up.

There's nothing quite like Evangelion when it comes to try to find something to compare it to. It has the giant fighting "robots" but it's so much more tha
Brian
Mar 05, 2012 Brian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If Alan Moore's Watchmen is a 'classic' of the dark-fantasy comic genre, then NGE is a 'classic' of anime, and one with an incredibly loyal cult following. This, then, is the manga adaptation of one of that original contoversial, yet incredibly successful, anime.

I loved the anime series, although not a fanatical fan, as I thought both endings were EXTREMELY disappointing and actually detracted from the story. After reading this first 'book' I have to admit that I am impressed how well this adapt
Tomás
Aug 22, 2014 Tomás rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Esta serie se pone mejor en cada tomo. El dibujo, el guión, los personajes bien construidos, los momentos cómicos. Todo cierra. Una lástima que la haya empezado taaaan tarde pero valió mucho la pena empezarla de una vez por todas.
Jesus Flores
Jan 23, 2017 Jesus Flores rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
That Shinji's classmate was the fourth pilot sounded too plot convenient, but this volumen does increase the drma and tensión of the series, gives us more detail on the characters minds and feelings, and has one very defining event for the story.

Aunque el que el cuarto piloto sea el compañero de escuela de Shinji, suena forzado; este volumen tiene mucha más trama que los anteriores, realmente te muestra a los personajes, lo que quieren, lo que temen, lo que sienten. Aparte lo que pasa con el Eva
AGamarra
Dec 03, 2015 AGamarra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cómics-y-mangas
Estos tomos de Evangelion estaban en un precio muy cómodo en la Feria de Ricardo Palma. Me gusta mucho el argumento y también los gráficos que durante todos los mangas son bien cuidados.
Con este tomo creo se ve que las cosas al final no van a ser buenas, es el inicio del fin. Este tomo está dedicado a Touji, que es elegido el cuarto niño para poder pilotar un EVA recién llegado de América para la defensa del Geo Front. Por la manera que lo asume parece que al final las cosas no saldrán tan bien.
Francesco
Vote: 3,50
Class: L-B1 (FP)

(a 14 volumes Manga with a sci-fi story)

6 otu of 14: much the same of what I wrote for the first volume; save that... I'm quickly becoming quite fond of the genre (not yet a manga addict I think and hope...).
The story goes on becoming more and more intriguing and dark, with some good turning points; the characters grow... Fascinating... I'm starting to understand the fan of this genre.
I'm really enjoying this series and I'll read the sequel soon.
Alx_zero
Mar 02, 2013 Alx_zero rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cómic-manga
De nuevo, Yoshiyuki Sadamoto saca el máximo provecho al material con el que cuenta, mostrándonos muchas más aristas de los personajes. Este volumen, que en cierto modo tiene como centro a Touji, supone un punto de inflexión en la historia. A partir de aquí, nada podrá ser igual y el mangaka ha sabido transmitir muy bien ésto. Pilotar un EVA ha dejado de ser un juego y sólo podrá traer dolor a aquellos que están involucrados en la lucha.
Aurora
Ryan
Jan 02, 2009 Ryan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this right after reading vol. 5, and was glad to see that the high level of depth and quality in the previous volume was continued here.

In this volume, a new Eva is brought to Tokyo; however, it is taken over by an Angel, forcing Shinji, Rei, and Asuka to choose between friendship and duty. We also learn a little bit more about the organization, NERV, responsible for selecting the Eva pilots, and a bit more about the links between the Evas and the Angels.
Henry
Jun 05, 2010 Henry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
What can I say here? This volume contains some great fan service (ha!), the same humor, and...a very tragic loss. That's all I can say. Also, like the prior volume, there are some rather interesting extras in the back showing a bit of the background of the series. Overall, another solid volume. Now, I wonder, what happens next?
Knabacxo
Jun 09, 2014 Knabacxo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really did not expect to get into this so much. Like... What kind of ending was that?? This was amazing(ly depressing - in a good way -). I really can't wait to read the rest of this series.
Phùng Trung Nghĩa
Phùng Trung Nghĩa rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2015
Rodrigo Garay
Rodrigo Garay rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2014
Laura Feijóo Álvarez
Laura Feijóo Álvarez rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2014
Hayden Williams
Hayden Williams rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2011
Jarra
Jarra rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Angelica
Angelica rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2014
Malikoffendel
Malikoffendel rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2014
Dafni
Dafni rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2015
Tiffany Collar
Tiffany Collar rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2013
Hortenzia
Hortenzia rated it really liked it
May 18, 2014
Murri
Murri rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2015
Zephyr
Zephyr rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2010
Iphis
Iphis rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2012
Hugo Iracheta
Hugo Iracheta rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2014
Anto Hale
Anto Hale rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2015
  • Battle Angel Alita, Volume 05: Angel Of Redemption (Battle Angel Alita)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days Volume 3
  • Saikano: The Last Love Song on This Little Planet, Vol. 03
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse Volume 1
  • X/1999, Volume 06: Duet
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Shinji Ikari Raising Project, Vol. 1
Yoshiyuki Sadamoto is a Japanese character designer, mangaka, and one of the founding members of the Gainax anime studio.

Also the character designer for the .hack//Games and the Package designer for the .hack//GU games.
More about Yoshiyuki Sadamoto...

Neon Genesis Evangelion (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 1