Childhood Speech, Language and Listening Problems: What Every Parent Should Know

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  3 reviews
For parents of children who may have trouble speaking or listening, this revised guide explains what they can do to help their child.
Published September 3rd 2001 by John Wiley & Sons (first published April 30th 1995)

Jenna
This is the book to read if you have a child with any type of problems related to speech/language. It thoroughly explains the entire process: diagnosis, IEPs, what to expect in school, what services they can have, what you can do as a parent, etc. I gained a lot of insight into my son's thought process with regard to his language/auditory processing. Very helpful. Highly recommend this to any parent wanting to know more about their child's challenges.
Stacey
Feb 16, 2008 Stacey rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Moms who are concerned about their child's speech or ability to learn
This book is a good review of many speech, language, and listening problems. However, it covers so much that it doesn't go into depth on any of the conditions (no more than 2 or 3 pages). Its probably most helpful if you're trying to identify a problem, but not as useful if you already know what the problem is and are looking for info on it (like I was).
Heather
This is a good introductory book. I wish I had the list of "red flags" in this book when my oldest was a baby. We would have got help for him sooner.
Kim Ellsworth-evans
Kim Ellsworth-evans marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Ailyn Natsumeda
Ailyn Natsumeda marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Ilanab
Ilanab marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Nishanthika
Nishanthika marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Santhosh
Santhosh marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Ashi
Ashi marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2013
Bitu
Bitu marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2013
Sandra Fahrlender
Sandra Fahrlender marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2013
Anna Karenina
Anna Karenina marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2012
Viktoriya.kolomietc.
Viktoriya.kolomietc. marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2012
Adelya
Adelya added it
Dec 02, 2012
Karen
Karen added it
Oct 12, 2012
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2010
Childhood Speech, Language, and Listening Problems Childhood Speech, Language, and Listening Problems: What Every Parent Should Know Childhood Speech, Language, and Listening Problems Childhood Speech, Language, And Listening Problems What Every Parent Should Know Como Ayudar a Los Ninos Con Problemas de Lenguaje y Auditivos