Start by marking “A Dysfunctional Success: The Wreckless Eric Manual” as Want to Read:
A Dysfunctional Success: The Wreckless Eric Manual

A Dysfunctional Success: The Wreckless Eric Manual

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  4 reviews
"It's difficult to know where to start, so I think I'll begin at the beginning and see how I get on..." This is definitely not another one of those usual rock autobiographies. It's the story of one man's bewilderment with life and his desent into alcoholism and near-redemption. with a music backdrop. Eric Goulden does have an excellent music background but that's actually ...more
Published January 28th 2004 by Do-Not Press (first published January 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A Dysfunctional Success, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dysfunctional Success

Tosh
Wreckless Eric is one of the great pop writers of the punk "Stiff Records" era. Why he doesn't get the same attention as his one-time fellow label mate Elvis Costello is beyond me. In my opinion he's a better writer than Costello - but nevertheless we do have Wreckless Eric's memoir and it's a fantastic read.
Ian Fiddes
9/10. Not a great fan of his music but this is one of the best rock autobiographies. Great story near to the start when he was a kid and found an old violin.
Avis Black
I wanted to like this one since I'm a fan of the author's music, but couldn't. Unfortunately, it has all the flaws authors' first books usually possess.
Brad Fabian
the best book i've ever read. Maybe because i love wreckless eric and adore his len bright combo so much!
Derek Caney
Derek Caney marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Ian Gray
Ian Gray marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Wheeler
Wheeler marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Uri
Uri marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2014
lazaraspaste
lazaraspaste marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2010
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2010
Dr. Detroit
Dr. Detroit marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2009
Andrew Harderson
Andrew Harderson marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2009