Start by marking “Fatal Charm (The Seer, #5)” as Want to Read:
Fatal Charm (The Seer, #5)

Fatal Charm (The Seer #5)

4.1  ·  Rating Details ·  1,374 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
In this vivid fifth volume of The Seer series, Sabine Rose is reunited with her ill grandmother Nona and her friends at Sheridan Valley. But the excitement of curing Nona-and discovering love with someone new-doesn't outweigh the burden of her father's dark secret: a daughter no one but Sabine knows about. Riddled with curiosity, Sabine uses astral projection to spy on her ...more
Published August 8th 2007 by Llewellyn Publications (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Charm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Charm

Debbie
May 24, 2011 Debbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen, fantasy, romance, mystery
Marsha
May 06, 2010 Marsha rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Young Adult: Middle to H.S.
Recommended to Marsha by: Countrygirl_TN
The fifth book in the Seers series, Fatal Charm earned 3 1/2 stars from me. Although I enjoy the book, I was a little put off by the constant whining and indecision of the main character, Sabine. Additional, her guide Opal's criptic messages began getting on my nerves as well. In this installment Sabine discovers her father has a daughter a year older than her by another woman. This girl, Jade looks exactly like Sabine but has red hair. To make matters worse, he father has sworn her to secrecy. ...more
Olivia
Jul 17, 2010 Olivia rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
This series is totally cheesy and yet, I am hooked...
Mischa
Oct 02, 2016 Mischa rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I really, really liked it, although I just have to say that I don't particularly appreciate these twist in ya series where the heroine realizes she likes someone else and starts basically dating them before breaking up with her current boyfriend. Other than that, I have no complaints.
~Lynn~
Apr 18, 2012 ~Lynn~ rated it liked it
Recommends it for: those who enjoy psychic/ghost stories
Recommended to ~Lynn~ by: goodreads
Madyson F.
Mar 21, 2013 Madyson F. rated it it was amazing
Fatal Charm
Linda Joy Singleton
Fiction
372 pages

Fatal Charm is the fifth and the final book in the series The Seer. This is a fiction book about a girl named Sabine and she has magical powers. She can talk to ghosts and see the future. In this book, he grandmother Nona is very ill. Sabine will do anything to heal her and she needs this potion to save her. Her great grandmother, Agnes left a remedy book with all the treatments. But Sabine doesn't know where it is and Agnes only left clues and ri
Melissa Chung
Aug 13, 2014 Melissa Chung rated it liked it
I'm giving this book 3.5 stars.

I have been reading this series on and off for a few years now and the one thing I love about Linda's writing is that it is easy to read and fast paced. Fatal Charm is the 5th book in this 'Seer Series' and although I did enjoy it a great deal I have come to realize petty annoyances.

In this book Sabine is in a "love triangle" and she talks about how cheating isn't right and she could never do it to the one she loved. She's 16 and isn't "in love" with her boyfriend,
Hannah
Fatal Charm follows Sabine in a quest to find out the truth about a secret her father is keeping.

I love this whole series, I'd read them over and over again. The one problem about Fatal Charm that I think is worth mentioning is the ending with Josh. Through the whole series, he nice, calm, levelheaded, and understanding. And then BAM! He (view spoiler)
Dominique Shumway
Oct 18, 2012 Dominique Shumway rated it it was amazing
I thought the book was very interesting. The main character Sabine had a vision about her half sister Jade being at her house and this killer killed her mother.Sabine thought that really happened and it did. Sabine liked this boy but she already had a boyfriend. I was always wondering on witch boy she would choose or how she would breakup with her boyfriend. At the end of the book her boyfriend breaks up with her and she was happy because she liked the other boy better. I liked the part of the b ...more
Gretchen
Aug 23, 2011 Gretchen rated it really liked it
Although this is book 5 of 6, I feel as though all ends are neatly tied up at the end of this story. Sabine finally learns to trust herself and her talent.

Again Singleton provides a fast and furious ride to the end with action flowing quickly.

The one thing that bothers me, as it does with most series, is the constant reminder of connections to previous parts of other books. For the most part people are reading a series in order, meaning that they pick up on character details and don't need to
Daniela
Jul 14, 2010 Daniela rated it really liked it
Melissa
This first part of this book had me frustrated with Sabine's continual desire to "fit in" and inability to realize her true feelings, but finally she realized that it's better to be herself than to "fit in". It took way too long (5 books too long), but I'm glad it finally happened.

As with the other books in the series, it's not particularly well written, but it kept my interest and was a fun, quick read.
Chelsea
Mar 05, 2012 Chelsea rated it really liked it
I thought this was a great book. I wasn't too sure about Jade until towards to end and then I was able to understand her and where she was coming from. She was a great addition. So many big changes have happened in this book and I can't wait to see what else is next. I have a feeling that the vandal from the treats shop was who it turned out to be! I am anxious to see where the relationship changes go from here!
Danielle
Jan 22, 2010 Danielle rated it liked it
My review of this book is that im glad that they saves Sabines grandmother in time, and this is a very good book. KEPT ME WANTING MORE.

I learned that as an Immortal you have to be very careful on who you tell your secrets to. And your boyfriend might not understand you as much as another when you have special abilites. :)
Alicia Rades
Oct 10, 2013 Alicia Rades rated it it was amazing
This was a great book, but I felt like the ending went by too fast. I would have liked to see part 3 stretched into another book. Other than that, I really love this series and could hardly put the book down (like the others). Linda is a great author, and I'm looking forward to reading the last book since I've never read it before.
Jen Andrews
Nov 05, 2009 Jen Andrews rated it liked it
I was disappointed with this book because of the ending. The other 3 books I've read in this series (Haven't been able to find book 3 yet)ended abruptly which wasn't so bad because there was a next book to read. But this was the last one in the series (I think) but there was a lot left unresolved. A big subplot was started in the last chapter. Maybe she's going to do some more?
Kathryn
Jul 11, 2013 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
FINALLY! I am so glad that she and Josh are over. though I wish Dominic and her had had more of a romantic get together. it was cute but nit what u was expecting. anyway I love the entire half sister and am curious how her family is going to take the news. one last book to go.
Kim
Aug 26, 2015 Kim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hmmm. I have to say I was hooked on the storyline but the characters were flat and unbelievable. Very scooby doo. They need charms to lead them to a recipe for a cure that was hidden over a 100 years ago. And guess what they find the charms in just a few weeks. How easy was that??
Annette
Mar 09, 2011 Annette rated it really liked it
OMG! it was amazing! some things that I've dreaming of so bad to happen finally did happen! I'm so happy.
I was so in shock by the end! Can't wait to read the next one!
I think I fell in love with Dominic even more!!! <3
Awesome series!
Cherisa S
Jul 07, 2011 Cherisa S rated it really liked it
My favorite of the seer series so far. Though the fact the she reintroduces EVERY character and EVERY plot point and EVERY location in EVERY book almost made me stop read this book, if it continues I don't know if I will be able to finish the series.
Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages
May 11, 2012 Jenny Bynum Black Words-White Pages rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA/Teen
Recommended to Jenny Bynum by: Mary Scott Librarian
10*s. This is a fabulous fast pace, can't put down MUST read series!! I LOVE the characters even more in the this book!! I love the fact that revolves around the half-sister that we just found out about in book 4!! The books flow very nicely and will keep your attention from beginning to end!!
Betsy :D
Mar 28, 2015 Betsy :D rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT !!:)
Kelly
Jul 06, 2009 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I enjoyed this series much more than I thought I would, Sabine really isn't as whiny as many teen leads are. I did feel it ended abruptly, but it did conclude in a very satisfying manner.
Jenna
Sep 30, 2009 Jenna rated it really liked it
I finished this series and thought they were a good read. Cute for the YA set and the idea of the Seers is interesting. I was happy with the ending.
Nancy
Dec 28, 2011 Nancy rated it it was amazing
Great book like the others.. I have read each of them in less than a day. Now on the the final book.
Ann
Aug 24, 2010 Ann rated it it was amazing
Shelves: good-reads
GOOD ENDING
Ailene
Oct 06, 2009 Ailene rated it it was amazing
great way to end her seer series. i loved the story lines and i thought it was really creative...though i wished there was more Dominic haha!... great read [:
Annay
Dec 12, 2010 Annay rated it liked it
Not as good as the first four but ends the storie nicely.
Pam
Feb 01, 2011 Pam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one should also be a 2.5; I was tempted to even stop reading due to the excessive back and forth with Sabine - I want Dominic, no I want Josh, no I want Dominic... Made me want to scream!
Morgan Sibbett
Jul 16, 2008 Morgan Sibbett rated it really liked it
i know there has to be more to this like come on the boy and girl finally confess there love for each other and all
  • Mind Reader: Unlocking the Secrets and Powers of a Mentalist
  • La société secrète des Alters (Arielle Queen, #1)
  • Shadow Mirror (Walk, #2)
  • Red is for Remembrance (Blue is for Nightmares, #4)
  • Moby Clique (Bard Academy, #3)
  • Fall  (Witch Season, #2)
  • No Exit (The Big Empty, #4)
  • Spring  (Witch Season, #4)
  • Wavesong (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #5)
  • Plein de secrets (Le journal d'Aurélie Laflamme, #7)
  • Origins (Sweep, #11)
  • Spirit
  • Creative Mind and Success (Dover Empower Your Life)
  • The Less-Dead
  • The Vampire's Promise (The Vampire's Promise, #1-3)

The Seer (6 books)
  • Don't Die, Dragonfly (The Seer, #1)
  • Last Dance (The Seer, #2)
  • Witch Ball (The Seer, #3)
  • Sword Play (The Seer, #4)
  • Magician's Muse (The Seer, #6)

“When are you going to tell me?” I held up the silver charm. “About this?”

“It’s a horseshoe.”

“Already figured that out—but why did you send it with Dagger?”

“So you wouldn’t have to wait.”

“Are you sure it didn’t have anything to do with interrupting my visit with Josh?”

“Would I do that?” he said with a wicked grin.

Of course he would, but I didn’t say that. Instead I asked him how he found the charm.”
1 likes
“Sabine,” he murmured huskily. “I want to tell you—”

“Yes?” I lifted my gaze.

He bit his lip, as if he was suddenly uneasy with me, which seemed odd.

“Just say whatever’s on your mind,” I spoke quietly. “You can tell me anything.”

He sucked in a deep breath. “Sabine … I love you.”

Anything but that, I almost replied.

Damn. Why did he have to go and complicate everything? Now I was stuck with having to make the expected reply of “I love you, too.” But I just couldn’t. I wasn’t sure how I felt, and even if I did love him, I wasn’t ready to talk about it yet.

So I just nodded—which seemed to be enough for Josh because he pulled me onto his lap and then we were kissing.”
0 likes