Start by marking “Chicken Chuck” as Want to Read:
Chicken Chuck

Chicken Chuck

Chicken Chuck eats a big blue seed, and a blue feather sprouts magically in the middle of his forehead! It grows bigger and bigger and bigger, and Chicken Chuck grows bossier and bossier and bossier--until one day the farm animals discover a circus horse that has Two blue feathers on its head. This quirky story by classic children's author Bill Martin Jr has been reissued ...more
Published January 4th 2005 by Cavendish Square Publishing (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Chuck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Chuck

Christine Turner
Jun 26, 2009 Christine Turner rated it it was ok
Chicken Chuck the rooster, who has set himself up as boss of the barnyard by virtue of the special blue feather in the middle of his forehead, finds his authority undermined by a circus horse with two blue feathers. www.hcpl.net

I was not too impressed with this book.
Alice
Dec 09, 2014 Alice rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-stars
This book was strange....that is all I can say, it had no point and it was a little weird...oh well
Contemplative
Jul 08, 2009 Contemplative rated it it was ok
Not one of our favorites. It was okay.
Sari
Aug 23, 2007 Sari rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: children
My five year old and I found Chicken Chuck at the library and loved it.

Chicken Chuck is a little too proud for the barnyard and learns a good lesson when he gets a little too greedy for his own good when the circus comes to town.

The illustrations are fun and the story is one we could read over and over (and have!).
Mandy
Dec 16, 2012 Mandy rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
(3.5 stars)

One day Chicken Chuck ate an unusual blue seed and a beautiful blue feather appeared out of the top of his head. All of the barnyard animals admired Chicken Chuck's blue feather until all that praise went literally to "his head."

Fans of the sparkles in The Rainbow Fish may like the illustrations in this book as well.
Danielle Simmons
Chicken Chuck is a story of envy and pride. The main lessons of this book is to teach children that pride is sometimes a really bad thing. Acting like the boss of the farmyard, Chuck shows that pride over having a blue feather can be easily taken away and switched. Chuck goes from being the boss of the barnyard, back to being a regular rooster through a child like karma.
Joseph Leiter
Sep 17, 2015 Joseph Leiter rated it liked it
This books very good for kids who like to be unique this book was very fun and interesting . I feel like Kids can relate to this story in all grades. I highly recommend this book. The illustrations were wonderful.
Feb 19, 2015 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
This book was a goods book. I enjoyed reading it and looking at the illustrations. This is just s fun book to read and I think that kindergarten or first grade students would enjoy reading this book, mostly because of the pictures.
Samantha Buchanan
This books illustrations are beautiful! The touches of sparkle adds something fun! I like that the animals all ended up equal.
Michele
Michele rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2013
drowningmermaid
drowningmermaid rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2012
Hallie
May 20, 2016 Hallie rated it it was amazing
This book is a great book for a great reader
Rachel Rouleau
Rachel Rouleau rated it it was ok
Jan 27, 2015
Annie
Annie rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2012
Jon Wilson
Jon Wilson rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2013
Miekka
Miekka rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2011
Lorie
Lorie rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2008
Kayla
Kayla rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2011
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2012
ChayAbbyCaydenAsher
ChayAbbyCaydenAsher rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2012
Savannah
Savannah rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2011
L.K. Sukany
L.K. Sukany rated it it was ok
Mar 30, 2016
ah
ah rated it did not like it
Aug 11, 2014
Edelind
Edelind rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2015
Katie Newton
Katie Newton rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2015
Deb Trantina
Deb Trantina rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Cws
Jul 02, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: je-picture-books
JEPIC-Mar
Keli Wright
Keli Wright rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2013
Monica
Monica rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2014
Bill Martin, Jr. (1916-2004) was an elementary-school principal, teacher, writer, and poet. His more than 300 books, among them the bestselling classics Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See; Polar Bear Polar Bear What Do You Hear; Panda Bear Panda Bear What Do You See; and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, are a testament to his ability to speak directly to children. Martin held a doctoral degree in early ...more
More about Bill Martin Jr....