Start by marking “Mandie and the Jumping Juniper (Mandie Books, 18)” as Want to Read:
Mandie and the Jumping Juniper (Mandie Books, 18)

Mandie and the Jumping Juniper (Mandie #18)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  651 ratings  ·  9 reviews
When Mandie and Celia left the United States to spend the summer traveling with Mrs. Taft through Europe, they didn't expect that each new place they visited would have a mystery and adventure all its own. But since boarding the Queen Victoria, it's been one episode after another.

Traveling from Switzerland to Germany with Jonathan, Uncle Ned, and Senator Morton, they arriv
Published February 2nd 2008 by Bethany House Publishers (first published November 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Mandie and the Jumping Juniper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mandie and the Jumping Juniper

V. Gingerich
I admit it: I am reviewing these books years after reading them. However, do not even suggest that I'm no longer qualified, that too many years have passed to remember. My battered and faded copies of these books testify to how many times I read them growing up and plots and entire passages are seared in my memory forever.

Snowball always ran away, Mandie always got in trouble, Uncle Ned always rescued her, and Joe and Tommy bristled at each other. I myself prefered Joe, but Tommy's cosmopolitan
Julia
I admit, I read this book in elementary school, so I really don't remember anything about it anymore except that I absolutely loved it!
Tarissa
Mandie and her Europe-traveling friends/family are visiting Baroness Geissler's castle in Germany. From one baffling incident to another, no one can quite figure out what's going on.

I quite enjoyed reading this book--What with the secret of that jumping tree, and why the Baroness's son acts so rudely towards Mandie and her friends, plus a surprise visit from that mysterious lady who was on the Queen Victoria ship, who keeps stalking Mandie.

This is recommended for all Christian & Mystery Book
If I was going to skip a book in this series it would be this one. It's not inappropriate but I would read it before I let a child under my care read it. (It deals with an engaged man who is having secret meetings with another woman).
Rachel
The Mandie books are fun Christian mysteries for children, but I still love reading them. Even though she doesn't age very quickly and seems to get far too many breaks from school during the year, she's a lot of fun.
Meadow
The theory behind the Jumping Juniper was good, but the overall plot itself was just silly. It seamed that Lois Gladys Leppard got writers block and didn't know what to write about.
James Schwartz
I was sorry to learn of the author's passing. http://mandie.com/
Partridge Public
Jan 22, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: j-mystery
JMAR5-Lep
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Alexandra Lindner
Alexandra Lindner marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Alyssa Clapp
Alyssa Clapp marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Nona Canen
Nona Canen marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
  • Elizabeth Gail and the Secret Box
  • The Secret of the Desert Stone (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #5)
  • Trouble At Wild River (Adventures of the Northwoods #5)
  • Kirsten Learns a Lesson: A School Story (American Girls: Kirsten, #2)
  • The Hidden Jewel
  • Molly Learns a Lesson: A School Story (American Girls: Molly, #2)
  • Treasures from Grandma (Grandma's Attic, #4)
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Mystery on the Deep Blue Sea (Bobbsey Twins, #11)

Lois Gladys Leppard was the ever-popular and prolific writer of Mandie Books. She was also a professional singer, actress, and playwright. Lois studied at the New York School of Music and the Voice Beautiful Institute in New York under Glenn Morris Starkie. Additionally, she and her two sisters, Sibyl and Louise, sang professionally as the Larke Sisters and appeared in the operetta Bohemian Girl
More about Lois Gladys Leppard...

Mandie (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • Mandie and the Secret Tunnel (Mandie, #1)
  • Mandie and the Cherokee Legend (Mandie, #2)
  • Mandie and the Ghost Bandits (Mandie, #3)
  • Mandie and the Forbidden Attic (Mandie Books, #4)
  • Mandie and the Trunk's Secret (Mandie Books, #5)
  • Mandie and the Medicine Man (Mandie Books, #6)
  • Mandie and the Charleston Phantom (Mandie Books, #7)
  • Mandie and the Abandoned Mine (Mandie Books, #8)
  • Mandie and the Hidden Treasure (Mandie Books, #9)
  • Mandie and the Mysterious Bells (Mandie Books, 10)
Mandie and the Secret Tunnel (Mandie, #1) Mandie and the Cherokee Legend (Mandie, #2) Mandie and the Ghost Bandits (Mandie, #3) Mandie and the Forbidden Attic (Mandie Books, #4) Mandie and the Trunk's Secret (Mandie Books, #5)