Start by marking “The Adultery Diet” as Want to Read:
The Adultery Diet

The Adultery Diet

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  226 ratings  ·  41 reviews

Cheat on your husband, not on your diet!

Eva Cassady is stuck in a marriage that's completely lost its luster. She's even envious of her twenty-year-old daughter, living la vie Parisienne (complete with les condoms) in France for a year. Somewhere inside, Eva knows she's still a woman with dreams and desires -- but her whole dull, status-quo existence can be summed up b
Published August 7th 2007 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about The Adultery Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Adultery Diet

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald DahlChocolat by Joanne HarrisLike Water for Chocolate by Laura EsquivelThe Chocolate War by Robert CormierLove of Chocolate by Nicholas Reardon
Chocolate Covered Fiction
29th out of 99 books — 52 voters
The Lost by Sarah Beth DurstThe Rosie Project by Graeme SimsionBreathe by Abbi GlinesLet's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny  LawsonEmpty Mansions by Bill Dedman
Lapeer Distict Library Staff Picks
63rd out of 77 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Martha
Okay. Not my favorite but it was a quick, easy and entertaining read. It did make me want to work out and that, in itself, is a miracle.
Alexandra
Funny airplane read. I learned that in order to lose weight you need to desire this above the food you crave.
Mary
Jun 14, 2008 Mary rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Eva Cassady (the character, not the author...I think) is a 44 year old married career woman who has to contact an old boyfriend as part of a project at the magazine for which she writes. This contact blossoms into first an on-line, then a physical affair with this old flame. She won't meet him at first because she's gained so much weight since they last met, but the possibility of being with him again provides the incentive for her to change her life - exercising and eating the bare minimum - un ...more
Mojca
DayZee
A bit confused as to how I feel about this book. On one hand, it motivated me to want to work out and lose weight but on the other hand her reasons for losing the weight made me dislike the character. And the ending felt a bit rushed as if the author just wanted to be done with the book. All in all, I did enjoy reading this though I don't think I will dwell on it much now that I'm done with it.
Erin
This book made me want to work out! Great read for self-motivation. Entertaining & not easy to put down.
Heather
Jan 22, 2008 Heather rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Heather by: Lauren Glazier
If I were having a dinner party, as dinner conversation Eva Cassidy would be able to explain her theory on how fantasying and setting fantasy goals can help an individual lose weight. Although, I don't think she would be inclined to eat anything that I would serve that night!

This book was a cute and light-hearted read offering an interesting take on her diet method. Although I think I will stick to my running and eating healthy, I can see what she considers motivation and how that might help. Th
Lauran
Erika
Loved, loved, loved this book. I picked it up from the library, expecting it to be another so-so chick lit book. Eva Cassady is a good writer. The book had several quotes in it that I loved, like "Flirtation is the married woman's cocaine." How great is that? The protagonist is a married 44-year-old woman, so I could relate. The characters were real, the situations more real than your typical romance, and there was plenty of humor. I will be looking for more of hers.
Tasneem
This is a brilliant, funny and inspiring book. Eva takes control of her life, her body and her weight, but loses who she really is in the process. But by being true to herself, by wanting a future, not just a past, she reclaims her life. I found the idea of wanting to look good for an old boy-friend very real. We've all been there, wanting to impress someone we've not seen in years.
Carolina
This is a very original topic. Instead of chapters she separates the parts with her weight. Even tough I've never really care about my weight I could relate a lot to the need of feeling liked again, the need for excitment, etc. But it is also a good reminder that past loves need to stay at that, in the past.
Daphne Atkeson
A good book will sell. Despite the demise of chick-lit, this 40-something version was a delightful read. Cleverly written, fresh, great characters that jumped off the page. Really a remarkable debut book. A lovely piece of light reading that finesses the cliche of a woman's mid-life crisis.
LapeerDistLib
Who hasn’t wondered about past loves and what would happen if we were to meet up with them again? When Eva’s lost love wanted to meet with her, she decided something needed to change first… her weight. A fun read! ~ LDL Librarian
Ellie
A typical chick-lit read - with an interesting concept (she loses weight after she starts an affair with a former flame)! Written with humor, the feelings of the main character are easy to relate to and kept me entertained.
Sue
This was cute. But I also thought the author made some insightful statements about how women tend to lose themselves in their roles as wives and mothers. The main character revives some of her old dreams and changes her life.
Katie Benson
I read this while on vacation and it was the perfect beach read. Original story idea about a very popular topic, dieting. It was easy to relate to the main character, and I enjoyed reading about her journey.
Jeannie
At first treats the subject of adultery with grace and humor (if that's possible!); every over-40 woman could probably identify with some aspects of Eva, the main character. The book then turns more serious.
Lisadunbar22
I liked this book. It went places I didn't think it would go. I really liked the main charactor and her flaws. If you have ever struggled with your weight this book is worth reading.
Jess
Oct 18, 2007 Jess added it
For a chick lit book, it surprised me with the infusions of higher-level writing enveloped in the premise of a lonely middle-aged woman looking to recapture her youth.
Jambarie
I loved this book. Very quick and fun read. I read it in 2 day. Makes you think about your life and your choices. Don't want to give it away, read it!!
Lkelley
I could not put this book down. Cassidy is wickedly funny and witty. I found myself rooting for her and disgusted with her but the book was splendid.
Mary
I loved this book. It's about a married woman who reconnects with an old college flame and before she sees him, she wants to lose weight.
Lisa White
Fairly easy and quick read. Starts off witty but then starts to take on serious note by the middle of the book. Still, it was a good read.
Angie
Dec 16, 2008 Angie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Angie by: Heather
Really inspired me to diet! However, it didn't last long. I don't have a hot old fling hanging around me! :)
Cami
It's exactly what you think it is, I really enjoyed this story. Ready to read more by Eva Cassady!
Jenny
Easy read with an interesting look into the female mind. Not fantastic but it is entertaining.
Heather
I thought this was kind of fun and it kept me entertained.
Brooke
Loved it! Funny, too. Ill definitely have to read this again.
Eleni
Too cute....highly recommend it for some light reading
Jenni (jenniloveselvis)
It was a no brainer, boring and predictible.
  • Turning Tables
  • Body Surfing: A Novel
  • A Steele for Christmas (Steele Series, #9)
  • Ready to Fall
  • Well Enough Alone
  • Hedge Fund Wives
  • Thin Enough: My Spiritual Journey Through the Living Death of an Eating Disorder
  • Almost Paradise