Start by marking “Dracula Doesn't Rock N' Roll (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #39)” as Want to Read:
Dracula Doesn't Rock N' Roll (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #39)

Dracula Doesn't Rock N' Roll (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #39)

There are some pretty weird grown-ups living in Bailey City!
Could Mr. Drake, the Bailey School guidance counselor, really be the lead singer of a vampire rock band?
It's up to the Bailey School Kids to find out!
Published January 1st 2000 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Dracula Doesn't Rock N' Roll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dracula Doesn't Rock N' Roll

Alexander
I thought the book would of been better if I was in elementary school. The plot was okay but it was more childish. I loved how the book had kids thinking a rock and roll singer was Dracula. The main kids names are Liza, Melody, Howie, and Eddie. They are trying to prove that Mrs.Jeeper's has a coffin with a vampire in it and that Mr. Drake is Dracula.
When they make signs saying thew bats are coming the bats are actually a rock band. The whole point of the book is that they are trying to prove
E.M.
Eh, not the most grabby of premises. The plot bunny was more interesting than the entirety of the 67 (not 80) pages. I honestly don't know why I've held onto this chapbook for 17 years, but I'm fairly certain it had to do with the incredibly expressionist illustrations by John Steven Gurney.

This book reminds me of a Bazooka Joe comic-strip punchline: do not jump to conclusions or you'll fall flat on your face. The Bailey School Kids and its readers should learn that lesson with this series, if
Kimberly
Jul 14, 2014 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
The collection of "The adventures of the Bailey School Kids" stories are among my all-time favorite children's books. Witty, mischievous and fun, these short and silly books continue to bring giggles to the young and old. Just as I have enjoyed them as a kid, my own children also love them today. I even catch myself re-reading them (alone) from time to time. What can I say? I guess I'll always be a BSK kid at heart.
Jerome
Apr 24, 2015 Jerome rated it really liked it
The kids go to a rock concert, and are surprised to see Dracula return (their guidance counselor from another book). Dracula is now a member of one of the rock bands---which happens to be vampire-themed. Coincidence? Of course. Or of course not.

A fine, silly tale with a very interesting premise. Of course, the book creates more questions than answers, but is still quite fun.
Jory (The Year of Stine)
I'm not going to lie, a vampire rock band would be kind of awesome. And that's actually the premise for this Bailey School Kids book. The kids think the former guidance counselor from the school is a vampire, when in fact he's just in a vampire themed rock band! Or is he? We'll never know.

P.S. it's really hard for me to write reviews for these ones because they are so freaking short.
Earline
Jun 05, 2011 Earline rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, series, juvenile
Not gonna lie.. this book was pretty badass. Love the idea of a vampire rock band where the members all drink pink lemonade and sing KISS songs. I've been wondering if you need to read the books in this series in order, and apparently you do (although the authors are good at recapping Dracula's previous adventures at Bailey School).
Maria
Written before the vampire craze of the 2010's, this book tells the story of a former school counselor who the children suspect is a vampire. Mr. Drake has a new rock band, but the Bailey School gang is suspicious of his intentions. A great book with great illustrations.
Molly
Nov 11, 2012 Molly added it
A silly series that creates more questions than it answers. It's great for formulating theories as well as predictions. The class dynamics should be very familiar to those of the Magic School Bus generation.
Emily
Sep 18, 2015 Emily rated it really liked it
I love these books! I read this one to my boys the other day and it was so much fun to share it with them. Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots is still my favorite of the books, but this one was good too.
Logan
Mar 07, 2015 Logan rated it really liked it
Read these all in while I was in middle school and loved them, giving them a 3.5-4.0 for my past 12 year old self.
Melissa Namba
May 10, 2016 Melissa Namba rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
a fun book. the counselor comes back into town to play with his band. the kids name him famous do he had to go away and no one gets to know if he is really a vampire or not.
Seth
Feb 17, 2015 Seth rated it it was ok
Shelves: by-myself
It snowed. Something or someone was in Mrs. Jeeper's basement! Mrs. Jeeper said it was the bats. They thought the bats were a band of vampires. The bats got famous.
Sanjana
Jun 21, 2008 Sanjana rated it liked it
DRACULA DOESN"T ROCK & ROLL???????????????????????
I love rock n' roll...I LOVE ROCK N' ROLL, YAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Harry.yang
Oct 20, 2008 Harry.yang rated it it was amazing
mmmmm..I learn that vampires don't really rock and roll..which is obivious..but I still think that...??? never mind..
Mei Mei
Mei Mei rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2009
Liza
Liza rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2010
Leinamehana
Leinamehana rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2010
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2008
Melina Hollinger
Melina Hollinger rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2008
Alex
Alex rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2015
Amara
Amara rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2011
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2012
Nathan
Nathan rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2013
Mckenzi
Mckenzi rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2008
Abby Frederickson
Abby Frederickson rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2011
Connor P
Connor P rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2015
Tingkuanh
Tingkuanh rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2011
Shelby
Shelby rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2008
  • Mouse Overboard! (Geronimo Stilton #62)
  • The Rat Brain Fiasco (Splurch Academy for Disruptive Boys, #1)
  • The Vampire Bunny (Bunnicula and Friends, #1)
  • Who Cloned the President? (Capital Mysteries #1)
  • A Nightmare on Clown Street (Goosebumps Most Wanted, #7)
  • Summer Reading is Killing Me! (Time Warp Trio #7)
  • Dracula vs. Grampa at the Monster Truck Spectacular (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #1)
  • Night of the Zombie Goldfish (Dr. Roach's Monstrous Stories #1)
  • Peppe the Lamplighter
  • Mrs. Kormel Is Not Normal! (My Weird School, #11)
  • Commander Toad in Space (Commander Toad)
  • Let's Go Rock Collecting
  • Mother Teresa
  • Pencil Of Doom! (Schooling Around!)
  • Nate the Great Goes Undercover
  • The Salamander Room
Debbie Dadey is the author and co-author of 162 books for children, including the Mermaid Tales series from Simon and Schuster and the beloved Adventures of The Bailey School Kids from Scholastic. Ms. Dadey is a former teacher and librarian. Please like her at Facebook.com/debbiedadey.
More about Debbie Dadey...

The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2)
  • Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)
  • Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #4)
  • Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #5)
  • Frankenstein Doesn't Plant Petunias (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #6)
  • Aliens Don't Wear Braces (Bailey School Kids #7)
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #9)
  • Witches Don't Do Backflips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #10)