Start by marking “In Search of the Elusive Peace Corps Moment: Destination: Estonia” as Want to Read:
In Search of the Elusive Peace Corps Moment: Destination: Estonia

In Search of the Elusive Peace Corps Moment: Destination: Estonia

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  3 reviews
About the Author

Douglas Wells graduated from the University of Nebraska in
1987. After a series of unfulfilling jobs, he joined the first group of U.S. Peace Corps Volunteers sent to the Former Soviet Union. His inspiring stories of life on a rural island outpost behind the recently fallen iron curtain have been retold in the Associated Press, on Voice of America, and by t
Published May 15th 2001 by Xlibris, Corp.

To ask other readers questions about In Search of the Elusive Peace Corps Moment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Search of the Elusive Peace Corps Moment

Geku
Warm, sweet and absolutely hilarious. It's difficult to say whether or not it's simply because I'm Estonian and thus I find it "sooo cute" seeing foreigners struggle with something completely normal to me, but either way this is one of my favorite books ever.
Rhona
read this book while I was serving in the US Peace Corps. It was OK.
jacob louis
A simple predictable collection of recollections of an American living in estonia in the early years of the second independence. Not great literature, certainly, but perhaps worth skimming if you are an American and you are going to be living in Estonia... or, actually, maybe not. It is all a bit dated now. Everything has changed so quickly in post-soviet Estonia.
Päska
Päska added it
May 08, 2014
Hando
Hando marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2013
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2013
Lala Ghahreman
Lala Ghahreman is currently reading it
Aug 12, 2013
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2013
Alisa I.
Alisa I. marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2012
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2012
Last Boat to Sorrow Beach Tuletorni ring ehk Veel üks võimalus tutvumiseks Hiiumaaga