Start by marking “Florence Nightingale” as Want to Read:
Florence Nightingale

Florence Nightingale

Introduces the life of Florence Nightingale, a pioneer of women's nursing, including her childhood, training, work in the Crimean War, and her school for nurses.
Published November 1st 2003 by Lerner Publishing Group (first published October 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Florence Nightingale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Florence Nightingale

Shelli
This is a fantastic book for independent young readers, filled with informative facts about Florence Nightingale. Students will learn so much about this remarkable woman, her contributions to health care, and what field hospitals were like before the mid-1800s. This book is perfect for additional elementary history curriculum, or for a nightly reading assignment. I enjoyed the layout very much and look forward to reading additional books in this collection with my daughter.
Jeanna
Another nice, basic one. Much shorter than the other Florence Nightingale we read--but this one mentioned that she felt called by God, whereas the other one mentioned nothing like that. So now I find myself wondering and wanting to know more. All from reading kiddo nonfiction! My daughter has now sated herself on Florence Nightingale (we've read three short biographies), but now I have a bunch checked out from the library for me.
Betty Matthews
Jul 22, 2008 Betty Matthews rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
I learned that Florence Nightingale suffered because she thought life should be more than fun that her rich family enjoyed. She chose to help others by becoming a nurse despite the fact that her mother and sister disapproved of her actions. So did her father. Florence listened to her heart. Florence was able to finally stop working after she improved the hospital in Turkey during the Crimean War.
Elizabeth Toms
I learned that Florence Nightingale worked to help others but did not start until she was thirty-three years old. She is an inspirational person.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
~Austen Nerd~
~Austen Nerd~ rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Libby Shepherd
Libby Shepherd rated it really liked it
May 04, 2016
Habeebah Riggs
Habeebah Riggs rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2015
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2015
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2015
Iamnana10
Iamnana10 marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Lillian
Lillian marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Noheir
Noheir added it
Aug 24, 2014
Shellie Ruppert
Shellie Ruppert marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2014
Martina Orlovska
Martina Orlovska marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2013
Vívian Pinto
Vívian Pinto marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2013
Alycia
Alycia rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2012
Jo Butler
Jo Butler marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2012
Liv Conroy
Liv Conroy marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2011
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2011
Alana
Alana rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2011
Sandy (WI girl at heart)
Sandy (WI girl at heart) marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2011