Start by marking “How to Write What You Want and Sell What You Write” as Want to Read:
How to Write What You Want and Sell What You Write

How to Write What You Want and Sell What You Write

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  30 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Not loaded with theory, Skip's invaluable book contains concise, easily understood and applied advice for both writing and marketing any kind of book, article, story, play, screen-play, report, proposal or anything else you can think of.How to Write What You Want and Sell What You Write is for every writer or wannabe who needs to sort out his or her desires, capabilities a ...more
Published December 12th 1991 by Career Press

Be the first to ask a question about How to Write What You Want and Sell What You Write

Heather
Feb 04, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book on a whim while at Barnes & Nobel with a birthday gift card in hand. It turns out that this was a remarkably helpful book for anyone trying to sell their writing. Skip Press is a veteran of the field and has insightful advice, much of which comes from his years of experience. I appreciated the chapters on non-fiction and journalism since those are my particular areas of interest. I personally, have been paid for my work, so some of his advice for people just getting into t ...more
Roger Eschbacher
Feb 05, 2011 Roger Eschbacher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A veritable Swiss army knife of a "how-to" writing book, just about every format imaginable is covered within its pages. From novels, TV and Film through corporate reports, graphic novels, and magazine articles, author Skip Press gives first-rate/pro-level advice on how to get started and come off looking like a professional. I've been a paid writer for a number of years now and I still learned quite a bit. A real confidence builder for the newbie, too.
Jack
Jan 11, 2013 Jack rated it it was amazing

Read it. Followed advice. Sold only ever piece to nationally syndicated magazine. Well done, Mr Press.
Mellanie C
Apr 24, 2016 Mellanie C marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Nicole Lynn Hoefs
The book was okay. It had advice for all types of writing but most of it are writings I don't think I'll ever try out. The novel section wasn't very helpful to me so that's why I only gave it 3 stars.
Annalisa
Jul 04, 2014 Annalisa rated it it was amazing
See my review of this book here:

Camille Stanford
Feb 16, 2012 Camille Stanford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
So, I really like this book, and I think it is incredibly interesting, as well as applicable. However, I must admit that I haven't read it all the way through. But there is a reason for that! This book is absolutely full of information, and right now, when I am only writing and have yet to try to publish anything, only the beginning makes sense to me.
I now own this book, and fully intend to use it later in my life when I actually finish writing something. =)
India
Apr 27, 2012 India rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has some really good advice in it. I am a new writer, however. I will ultimately see how it pans out. Right now, it seems like he has really good advice as to where to start. :)
Ajcc
Apr 13, 2010 Ajcc marked it as to-read
Shelves: ajcc-library
F 808 PRE
BattlecatReads
BattlecatReads marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Nick M
Nick M added it
Mar 22, 2016
Richard Kolivoski
Richard Kolivoski marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Thomas Maher
Thomas Maher marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Chelsea C
Chelsea C marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Oneirae
Oneirae marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Nadia
Nadia marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Clint
Clint marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Mariusz
Mariusz is currently reading it
Sep 11, 2014
Cindy Newton
Cindy Newton marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Christy
Christy marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Amanda Moon
Amanda Moon marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Mister
Mister added it
May 12, 2014
Mizuki Haruno
Mizuki Haruno rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2014
Christian Angeles
Christian Angeles rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2014