Start by marking “Old Testament Student Manual: 1 Kings - Malachi” as Want to Read:
Old Testament Student Manual: 1 Kings - Malachi

Old Testament Student Manual: 1 Kings - Malachi (Institute Manuals)

This Church Educational System manual includes interpretive commentary, enrichment sections, historical and cultural insights, maps, and charts relating to the Old Testament. Does not include commentary on the book of Psalms. For institute course Religion 302. Also useful for individual and family study.
Paperback, Second Edition, 422 pages
Published 1982 (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Old Testament Student Manual, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Old Testament Student Manual

Rayni
Dec 31, 2010 Rayni rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone wanting to study the OT with an LDS slant
Recommended to Rayni by: CES
This manual takes the student through the OT in chronological order, which really helped me. It also helped to have things explained & I loved the cross-references. I studied it on-line & so all I had to do was click on the link & it would jump to the scripture referenced or the place in another manual instead of looking for it in an actual book. I always had 3-4 windows open at a time - my scripture journal, the scriptures, the OTSM & another window when I needed to jump to anot ...more
Kate
May 10, 2012 Kate rated it it was amazing
In order to truly understand the Old Testament, I found this student manual to be an invaluable resource. I have loved studying the Old Testament. At first, I felt so daunted to read the Old Testament from cover to cover and understand what I was reading. It is such a beautiful work of scripture about God's dealings with his children. I am going to miss the daily reading from these pages, but I am looking forward to reading the New Testament next in detail.

I highly recommend this manual as a co
Carol
Mar 10, 2014 Carol rated it it was amazing
This manual is essential to use alongside the reading of the Old Testament. Really makes things understandable and gives you the perspective of how things were in the times of the writing of the Old Testament. Loved it...
Justin
Jun 30, 2011 Justin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
This book gives amazing spiritual and academic insights into the Old Testament. The organization is fantastic, in that it leads you through each book of the Old Testament in chronological order. Highly recommended.
Jan 16, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it
This study companion is a must-have for those attempting the Old Testament. It helps you work through it chronologically and offers great information on historical context as well as modern-day perspective in light of continuing revelation.
Chelsea
I promised one of my religion teachers at BYU I would do all of my reading. I am still working on it. I know I am terrible. But I am going to keep my word, if it is the last thing I do.
Yvonne
Feb 15, 2010 Yvonne rated it it was amazing
I really liked the commentary because it helped me see the complete history of the ancient Israelites and understand the Bible in that context.
Jimmie
Jul 16, 2012 Jimmie rated it it was amazing
Excellent source for understanding the old testament.
Erin
Jul 12, 2010 Erin rated it really liked it
Great study guide. It took half of a year to read, along with my study. I did finish the whole Old Testament in one year. Yahoo!
April
Apr 21, 2010 April rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds-religion
It's meaty to the point of almost guaranteeing the reader a constant paradigm shift.
Karen
Apr 10, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone studying the Old Testament
Took me and my older children 5 years to study the Old Testament with these study guides. What a growth of my testimony of the savior!! I highly recommend it.
Crystal Lemon
Feb 04, 2014 Crystal Lemon rated it really liked it
We finished the Old Testament with this books insight!
Louie Monson
Apr 03, 2016 Louie Monson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
Outstanding! Makes difficult material easier to understand and draw meaning from sacred text. CES manuals are cheaper and make great additions to scripture study.
Linda
Feb 21, 2008 Linda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds
Iloved the prophesies for our day, and the testimony it gives of the Messiah Jesus Christ, both at his first coming and for his second.
Wachlin007 Hotmail
Feb 21, 2008 Wachlin007 Hotmail rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religious
This book provided a lot of valuable insights and background information as I studied the Old Testament.
Bon Son
Bon Son rated it did not like it
Aug 22, 2013
Gary
Gary rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2010
Patrick
Patrick rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2012
Karlie Lucas
Karlie Lucas rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2012
Em
Em rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2010
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2012
Lisa Kingsford
Lisa Kingsford rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2010
Marcie
Marcie rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2017
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
May 12, 2017
Alexandria
Alexandria rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2010
Crystal Elegante
Crystal Elegante rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2017
Lauralyn
Lauralyn rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2015
Benn
Benn rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2012
  • Putting on the Armor of God: How to Win Your Battles with Satan
  • Our Latter-Day Hymns: The Stories and the Messages
  • The House of the Lord: A Study of Holy Sanctuaries Ancient and Modern
  • The Continuous Conversion: God Isn't Just Proving Us, He's Improving Us

Institute Manuals (5 books)
  • Old Testament Student Manual 1: Genesis - 2 Samuel