Start by marking “Stolen Legacy: Greek Philosophy is Stolen Egyptian Philosophy” as Want to Read:
Stolen Legacy: Greek Philosophy is Stolen Egyptian Philosophy

Stolen Legacy: Greek Philosophy is Stolen Egyptian Philosophy

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  314 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The book is an attempt to show that the true authors of Greek Philosophy were not Greeks, but the people of North Africa, commonly called the Egyptians; and the praise and honor falsely given to Greeks for centuries belong to the people of North Africa. Consequently, this theft of the African legacy led to the erroneous world opinion that the African continent has made no ...more
Published January 1st 2005 by United Brothers & Sisters (first published June 1st 1954)

To ask other readers questions about Stolen Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stolen Legacy

Adrienne Stapleton
Was shocking to read at first and wondered how much was true. A much more detailed account of how Egypt borrowed from Ethiopia can be found in The Destruction of Black Civilization.
MCHLXL
George G.M. James opened my eyes to the reality of altered history. Murderers of yore tell histories tales because their victims aren't alive to dispute. Of course there were very harsh criticisms of this work fueled by the need to protect "proven discoveries," hatred, and downright arrogance. I've done my own studies and found authenticity in this title. -but hey, you don't have to take my word for it!
Gary
This book is one of the most amazing books in existence & is vital to psyche of the young black male. It honors the contributions of a civilization that has brought more to the modern world than many realize.
Omowale Jabali
This book is a classic text which I found very useful as a companion in researching the spiritual systems of ancient Nubia and Khemit ie Egypt. It also reveals the concepts which gave rise to Freemasonry and subsequent spiritual systems with his explanation of the nine, inseparable parts of the soul.
Porsha Dixon
I am currently reading this book and will base my senior thesis off of African/Greek philosophers and the stolen history. Because my major is Political Science I will focus on the political theories asserted by prominent philosophers such as Aristotle, Thales and Anaximander. A focus that is expressed directly in George G.M. James book is the acceptance of Greek Philosophy by western civilization...basically disregarding the true nature of Greek Philosophy that derived from African Philosophy (S ...more
Brittany Massey
I do not agree with what the author was trying to do here. Claiming his ancestors in Egypt have rights to being a superior race and being the originators of anything the ancient Greeks have done in the areas of science and liberal arts. Believing one race to be superior to another is flawed thinking to begin with, not to mention his vague facts with no real scientific process. Correlation does not necessarily mean causation. Just filled with conjecture and bitterness.

This whole idea needs more
Yonnibardavi
The most striking question the author leaves in my mind "why have we not read about the great Greek thinkers in the Eastern lands? The Greeks have written about the great civilizations of the east, but the Great civilizations did not write about the Greeks and all their knowledge and learning.

Wonder why.

Arwa AlSmaeel
لم أقرأ كل صفحات الكتاب ، وأظن أن قراءة بعضه تغني عن البقية لتشابه البراهين في مجملها
Andrew
Another book which I read some twenty years ago. Time for a re-read and review.
Alisa
Excellent book! Very insightful! Speaks the truth!
Porsha
Brandon White
Important information was given in this book, but it was often redundant, and the writing style made it hard to follow. Considering the books mission and revelations, I'd still recommend it to others.
Joe
It all started in African. Kemet (egypt)
Everything.

The Greeks studied, burrowed, and invaded with Alexander the Great, turned the sacred temples and schools into "libraries" reworte everything, put their names on it and sold it.

pythagorous
socrates
plato
the romans and moses

all thievery.

all explained in the book
Khalifah
Nov 10, 2008 Khalifah added it
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Khalifah by: Prof. John Henrike Clarke
George G. M. James is one of the most important scholars Black America has yet produced. His is, perhaps, the most quoted book by more esteemed Black historians - like Prof. John H. Clarke - than any other book.
Jimmy
Stolen Legacy is a very interesting and provocative book that challenges, explains and focuses on how and why Greeks stole the teachings of ancient Kemet (Egypt).
Fatir
This book mainly is about history. Its about the rise of philosophy. Its about many great people like Aristotle and Galileo. Also about Egypt lost treasures.
Shila
You can find many truths in the pages of this book. In life, we need the truth. No matter how much we want to hide, we need it.
Kai Dupe
This is an excellent source of African history.
Nathan Smith
The title says it all!
John
World conditions have been influenced to our modern times; giving false praise to the Greeks: a custom which appears to be an educational policy conducted by educational institutions, these institutions have also organized what are known as Greek lettered fraternities & sororities, as symbols of the superiority of Greek intellect & culture. Black people's culture has been caricatured in literature & exhibitions, in such specimens as provoke disrespect & laughter. Never let us for ...more
Dawit
Dawit marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Jamil Sosa
Jamil Sosa marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Ebony
Ebony marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Ayo
Ayo marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Hamssa Adel
Hamssa Adel marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
  • Destruction of Black Civilization: Great Issues of a Race From 4500 B.C. To 2000 A.D.
  • The African Origin of Civilization: Myth or Reality
  • They Came Before Columbus: The African Presence in Ancient America
  • The Rape of the Nile: Tomb Robbers, Tourists, and Archaeologists in Egypt (Revised and Updated)
  • Black Man of the Nile and His Family
  • Black Genesis: The Prehistoric Origins of Ancient Egypt
  • Black Athena: Afroasiatic Roots of Classical Civilization, Volume I: The Fabrication of Ancient Greece, 1785-1985
  • The Isis Papers: The Keys to the Colors
  • Lost Technologies of Ancient Egypt: Advanced Engineering in the Temples of the Pharaohs
  • When We Ruled: The Ancient and Medieval History of Black Civilisations
  • Nile Valley Contributions to Civilization: Exploding the Myths
  • The Assassination of Fred Hampton: How the FBI and the Chicago Police Murdered a Black Panther
  • Ramesses: Egypt's Greatest Pharaoh
  • Blueprint for Black Power: A Moral, Political, and Economic Imperative for the Twenty-First Century
  • African Presence in Early Asia
  • An Egyptian Hieroglyphic Dictionary, Vol. 1
  • Know Thyself
  • Egyptian Art
James was born in Georgetown, Guyana, South America. His parents were Reverend Linch B. and Margaret E. James. George studied at Durham University in Britain and after a period at the University of London he gained his doctorate at Columbia University in New York. He then qualified to teach mathematics, Latin, and Greek. Later he was Professor of Logic and Greek at Livingstone College in Salisbury ...more
More about George G.M. James...
Stolen Legacy by George G.M. James AND The Willie Lynch Letter by Willie Lynch The MIS-Education of the Negro and Stolen Legacy

“This unfortunate position of the African Continent and its peoples appears to be the result of misrepresentation upon which the structure of race prejudice has been built, i.e. the historical world opinion that the African Continent is backward, that its people are backward, and that their civilization is also backward.” 0 likes
“The term Greek philosophy, to begin with is a misnomer, for there is no such philosophy in existence. The ancient Egyptians had developed a very complex religious system, called the Mysteries, which was also the first system of salvation.   As such, it regarded the human body as a prison house of the soul, which could be liberated from its bodily impediments, through the disciplines of the Arts and Sciences, and advanced from the level of a mortal to that of a God.” 0 likes