Start by marking “Vanna Speaks” as Want to Read:
Vanna Speaks

Vanna Speaks

2.91 of 5 stars 2.91  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  14 reviews
One of America's best-known and best-loved TV celebrities tells her inspiring story, and includes advice on how to be beautiful in mind, spirit, and body. Black-and-white photographs.
Hardcover
Published May 1st 1987 by Warner Books (NY)

To ask other readers questions about Vanna Speaks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vanna Speaks

Cher
She didn't have much to say. She's a perfect size 5, so costuming is a breeze for her. If you want really nice teeth, she suggests you let the showerhead blast away at them for 5 minutes every morning. She had a happy childhood, loved being a cheerleader in high school, and is ever so happy with her manfriend. I think she may have shed a tear over losing a grandparent or a favorite aunt. She even includes a few knitting patterns to pad the covers.
Jesse Patrick
I have no idea why I read this book.
Bradley Milton
Fascinating. Everyone has to tune in at seven. But it's more than turning the letters. I believe that Vanna is a good prototype for the future. In 1987 it was the best technology available, but soon it will be more than just speaking -- robots will move, walk, be no different from you and I. Best to get ready.
Dale Stonehouse
This is a white-bread, mostly vanilla pseudo-memoir by the beautiful letter-person on Wheel of Fortune. I read it so long ago that I have little memory of specifics, so this is only a general impression. It is certainly better than her TV movie around the same time.
John Yelverton
An interesting story about model/television personality, Vanna White. It's interesting and nice to see that she can and does do more then just turn letters.
Sara
One of the more lame autobiographies I've read. But it's her story. Hers didn't have the twists & turns as many celebrities do.
Alan Hoffman
Listened to a book on tape of this. Actually interesting. She has sense of humor about herself and the two-dimensional nature of her job. Started to break down on the recording when recalling the death of her first husband - which is moving to hear from a person who always seems so composed.
Sacha
I think this book would of been better if she had someone help her write it.
She seems like a nice lady. I wonder sometimes if she held back because of her reputation.
I would like to see an updated version of this with no holding back.
Rebecca
It's really just what you'd imagine a Vanna White memoir to be. Although Vanna did have a lot of tragedy in her life that I wasn't aware of. This books was written in the 80's and I'd be interested to see an updated memoir.
Adam Spradlin
I needed this to be campier. There were a few choice sentences/passages, but a lot of it was more boring than hilarious. Too bad. I've been hearing for years (years!) that this was supposed to be a hell of a book.
Sara
This book was interesting and a quick read but not particularly well written. Worth reading if you're looking for fluff and enjoy celeb memoirs.
Suzanne
I'm thinking about starting a bookshelf called "Books I hate to admit I read much less liked" and this one would have to go on it. What can I say?
Victoria Booth
I gave it so many stars based purely on it is comic relief w/out intending to be plus a great coffee table quirk!
Michael Rand
Entertaining book to read
Kate H
Kate H added it
Oct 31, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Lexy
Lexy added it
Mar 14, 2014
Kiersten
Kiersten marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Vanna White is an American television personality, best known as puzzle-board presenter and co-host on the long-running game show Wheel of Fortune.
More about Vanna White...
Vanna's Choice Color It Beautiful Afghans (Leisure Arts #4432) Vanna's Afghans A to Z: 52 Crochet Favorites Vanna's Favorite Crochet Gifts: Afghans, Home Decorations, Fashion & More (Leisure Arts #108215) Vanna's Favorite Gift Afghans (Crochet Treasury) Heartfelt Gifts to Knit & Crochet: Comforting Kids, One Stitch at a Time