Start by marking “Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson” as Want to Read:
Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging: Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #1)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  108,830 Ratings  ·  3,523 Reviews
A year in the life of 14-year old British teenager Georgia Nicholson is presented in this journal that details Georgia's thoughts and feelings over a rollicking year about her family, her friends, her cat named Angus, boy-stalking, teacher-baiting, and more.
Hardcover
Published April 11th 2006 by Turtleback Books (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging, please sign up.

Ashleigh Uhm, kind of. I read the books first and watched the movie when it came out and I loved both!

The movie kind of only focuses on the first book (with…more

The movie kind of only focuses on the first book (with bits frankensteined in from other books) so it doesn't highlight the greatness of some of the characters (e.g. Dave the Laugh who is one of my favourites is kind of a blasé character).

BUT, again, I love the book and the movies.(less)

Tatiana
Aug 22, 2010 Tatiana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those in need of a good laugh
As seen on The Readventurer

There are times when I just HAVE to read something to perk me up, something light and silly and mindless. Louise Rennison's books always do the trick. It doesn't hurt either that this first book in Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series is a winner of Printz Honor, proving that even the silliest story about make-up, boys, and snogging can be written brilliantly. Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging never takes itself seriously or tries to teach some kind of moral le
Megan
Jun 28, 2007 Megan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youngadultnovels
Hillariosity! This is another book, from the brits, that people either love or hate. I happen to love this series, and laughed so hard I actually cried. I think people who hate this book are turned off by the main character Georgia. She is vain, self centered, hormonal, ridiculous and, I think, absolutely fabulous. This is the first of a series and we are introduced to her mad little sister libby, her feral cat Angus, her Mum and Dad, and group of silly girlfriends. It's written as a diary and a ...more
Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)
I was so sad to hear the passing of Louise.. I read this when I was a teenager and I can never forget how funny it was.. You will be missed Mrs. Rennison RIP..
Navessa
Apr 02, 2013 Navessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cute-ya
I recommend not reading this book in public. Or when you're on your lunch break and still in your office, or in my case cubicle. Early on there's a list in the book and in said list is the main characters' concern that her three year old sister might have peed somewhere in her room. It caught me completely off guard and while trying to block my laughter I ended up snorting so loud that the person on the other side of my cubicle wall came over to see if I needed the Heimlich maneuver.

Kat Kennedy
Jul 01, 2010 Kat Kennedy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any female who has gone through an awkward puberty
Recommended to Kat Kennedy by: Tatiana
I don't have much to say about this book other than at many points this book was more than hilarious! It was hysterical!

The writing was quite good and the protagonist was interesting. She was the typical epitome of most teenage girls on the cusp between childhood and adulthood.

I felt it dragged on a bit toward the end. Over all though, it was funny, interesting and most of all, enjoyable.

Big thanks to Tatiana for recommending it to me!
Becky
*Sigh* I wanted fluff, not brain-damage. Based on the recommendation from several friends who loved this, I picked this up when I saw it at a library sale, and I figured that now was a good time to read it since I'd just read a duo of emotionally traumatizing books and needed something light and fun after that.

But this, aside from having a few funny moments, was mostly a 14 year old selfish angst-fest. If I was that annoying as a 14 year old, I think I may have to nominate my parents for sainth
Aly's Bookish Wonderland

This book was my bible back in '08.

Seriously. My friends and I would refer to this book whenever we had something that could be considered as "boy problems". In '08, I was 13/14, and I'd fallen in love with Aaron Johnson after watching the film so, of course, I had to read the book. It was funny and we could easily relate to it at the time, who am I kidding, I still like to consult Georgia Nicholson in the midst of a crisis.

Also Aaron Johnson

He was practically my first celebrity/fictional/preten
Sara
Aug 15, 2008 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got to the point where I couldn't read this book during silent reading time in my class, it made me laugh so hard. I'm not an easy touch for this type of humor - slapstick and outrageous. ATFFS, however, made me laugh so hard, I snorted. The epistolary nature of the narrative adds so much to the plot. A snippet about a girl who accidentally-on-purpose shaves off her eyebrows is cringingly amusing, but when it's told in five or six installments, each a few minutes apart, and that snippet weaves ...more
Ellis
10:34 am

I feel like yelling at him. "I am fourteen years old, Uncle Eddie! I am bursting with womanhood, I wear a bra! It's a bit on the loose side and does ride up round my neck if I run for the bus ... but the womanly potential is here, you bald coot."
Good stuff. Huh, I don't think I've ever worn a training bra. I must be an embarrassment to the sort.

10:36 am

3. I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room. I miss my sister. She was supposed to come home today but appar
Nariman
Mar 11, 2016 Nariman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Oh My God!!!
This was super funny !!!
I laughed....
and laughed....
and laughed much more , I laughed with tears streaming on my face all the time through this book , and I made the mistake of reading some of this in a waiting room in a hospital, I tried very very hard to not laugh out loud , but I couldn't stop shaking, I received some serious puzzled looks and raised eyebrows for that.
Georgia is a very hilarious 14 year old girl , who takes us with her in a very funny journey through diary inputs
Bonnie
Never would I have thought I'd enjoy reading about the drama of a 14 year old girl. Georgia is hilarious and reminded me of a younger, British version of Daria. Between Georgia dressing up as an olive, shaving off her eyebrows, her Scottish wild-cat Angus and her crazy baby sister who calls everyone a tosser... well Georgia is a new favorite.
Lydia
Feb 01, 2012 Lydia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tween-reads
Think Diary of a Wimpy Kid for tweens, without the illustrations, and one can pretty much have an accurate idea of what this book is about. Although critically acclaimed and with awards to its name (http://www.harpercollins.com/books/An...) I would personally re-title this book "Diary of a Petty, Shallow Tween."

Now, don't misunderstand me. I laughed out loud at portions of the story, and most definitely felt as if I was reading the actual diary of quite a few of the tweens and young teens I work
Penny
Let me just start this review by saying I love this book. LOVE IT! This is one of the few books that I've really, truly laughed out loud while reading - there were times I was seriously doubled over. It is hilarious. I'm going to start recommending this book to everyone I know.

But, just so you know, this book is strictly a fun read, nothing more (still well worth reading, believe me).

Georgia Nicolson is a self-centered fourteen-year-old girl growing up in England. Her story is told through her
Madeline
Terrific light reading. The whole series is currently at six books and there will probably be several more. The books are written in diary format, and they happen to be the diaries of the craziest British girl who ever walked this earth, plus she comes equipped with equally crazy friends and a marvelously dysfunctional family.
An example of one of Georgia's entries:
"Jas phoned and wanted to go shopping - there's some new makeup that looks so natural you can't tell you have got any on.
I said, 'Do
Liz* Fashionably Late
Sep 04, 2014 Liz* Fashionably Late rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who won't mind coffee spill
Georgia is hilarious, it's been a while since a book had me cracking up out loud like this one.

I don't get teenage girls because I never got to be one in the full sense of the word. My idea of a weekend was playing football (okay, soccer) with my brothers and punching each other till one of us started crying. So I don't know if the sleepovers and all this obsession with their looks and plotting to get a boy was really normal or what. Georgia took really bad decisions half of the time and was inc
Julie
Oct 21, 2008 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to re-read this book every once in a while due to sheer hilarity. I am not allowed beverages while reading this book.
Heather
Oct 01, 2009 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Heather by: T
This book is laugh out loud funny! The proper English slang took some getting used to, but luckily the author has included a glossary in the back.

Georgia is full of hilariosity and she along with her Ace Gang, mad sister, and fat vati will have you laughing like a loon on loon tablets. Gee is neither kind nor cruel, smart nor intelligent, but witty she is and she is forever getting herself into a jam due to her neurotic nature and obsession with boys, make up and hair.

Angus, Thongs, and Full Fro
Elle

Bahahahahahahahahaha!

Who HASN'T stolen dad's razor to experiment with one's eyebrow hair?

I was feeling a little down in a post Silly Seasons sort of way, and a friend suggested I get involved with the wonderful world of Georgia Nicolson. And I was delighted.

Don't expect to learn anything of any significance from these books.
In fact, they're likely to leave you slightly stupider, if anything.
But if ever you're at a point in your reading career in which you think to yourself, 'Goddamn. I just wan
Hannah
Feb 09, 2010 Hannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who don't mind snorting
Recommended to Hannah by: 'Lil sis and Miss T!!
Shelves: ya, humor, 2010-reads
WHAT
A
HOOT...

This was probably the best use of 2.5 hours that I've spent since reading Bill Bryson's, "A Walk in the Woods".

Brit comedian/author Louise Rennison takes on the teen female mindset with hilariosity and realism. Rennison's nailed the feelings, the drama-queen world-view and the all-or-nothing attitude down pat. Our heroine, Georgia Nicolson, may be British, and a good 32 years my junior, but I too was Georgia...once upon a time.

I laughed out loud, I snorted, I chuckled and I generally
Lena
Jul 11, 2011 Lena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes to laugh
This is the funniest book I've ever read. It's the journal of Georgia Nicholson, who is often on the rack of lurve. The book is British, and has lots of odd British humor, but plenty of humor that will make even the most curmudgeonly person laugh their butt off. I can't think of a single person who would not find at least part of this book hilarious. I've never laughed so hard at a book in my life. At one point I laughed so hard someone asked me why I was crying. I'm pretty sure I actually rolle ...more
Kristina Horner
I always appreciate a good reread of this hilarious, charming book. Even the immature elements of this book are forgivable because it so perfectly and wholly captures the young teenage psyche. Silly, but so funny.
Roshani Chokshi
Mar 06, 2016 Roshani Chokshi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite series! In middle school, I had to take a Sharpie to my copy of ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, I'M NOW THE GIRLFRIEND OF A SEX GOD and mark out "SEX" so I wouldn't be mortified reading at the dinner table. However, Rennison is so funny that I snorted my food and mortification was inevitable.
electrise
Apr 22, 2016 electrise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
there will never be another louise rennison.
Brianna
I so badly wanted to read and love this one like everyone else seems to. However, after an embarrassing 44 pages and struggling to push myself to read, I've decided to put this one down... Forever. "Why don't I give it a chance?" You ask? There's a couple of reasons.

1) Series Commitment: This series is pretty big, and although the books are short, I don't want to commit myself to reading all 10 (is it 10? I'm not even sure) books if they're going to be as unenjoyable as this one has been so far.
Michelle
Jul 09, 2012 Michelle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This isn't my usual genre, but I've read light aimed-at-teens novels before and enjoyed them. I certainly don't think that novels that concern themselves mostly with makeup and dating can't be enjoyable reads.

That said, I couldn't get over the shallowness of the main character in this novel. She and her friends tend to sit around judging people for fun (including each other, which leads to some hurt feelings), and the mood of the novel swings back and forth between overdramatically angsty and bi
Alita
Jan 12, 2014 Alita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is so weird! I love it. Georgia is going through puberty and lashing out in all the most hilarious ways. This book is witty and fun. At first, Georgia annoyed me but I once I got the flow, I started to really like her. It's such a fast read and I can't wait to read the rest of the series. They are great books to read inbetween darker, more serious novels. And I found myself laughing out loud! 5/5 stars!
Arlene
Dec 17, 2009 Arlene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One word to describe Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging... HILARIOUS! I laughed so hard throughout this book that I actually felt quite silly. This book is such a quick read that is simply there for pure pleasure and lolz, no distinguishable or life altering lessons, just a funny fourteen year old girl that journals her daily/hourly thoughts, mishaps, feelings and antics. I loved it!
Allie
Dec 29, 2008 Allie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading this was the result of another moment of desperately seeking what I call "fluff-lit". I was amused by the title, so I picked it up on a whim and by the end of the night found myself literally rolling on the floor laughing. I highly recommend this one (and its sequel) even for adults if you're in the mood for silliness.
Anushka
This book was like a little older, female version of Diary of A Wimpy Kid series.

Maybe I'll give its 2nd book a try sometime in the future when I've read a lot of depressing books in a row, after all this one was really hilarious sometimes and I sure as hell like a good laugh. :)
Nook books: April 8, 2016 3 2 Apr 17, 2016 11:08AM
The Georgia Nicol...: Favourite Quotes 1 3 Mar 09, 2016 06:07PM
Printz Honor Book Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging INP 1 2 Sep 23, 2015 08:50PM
  • Girl, 15, Charming but Insane (Jess Jordan, #1)
  • The Treasure Map of Boys: Noel, Jackson, Finn, Hutch, Gideon—and me, Ruby Oliver  (Ruby Oliver, #3)
  • Fat Kid Rules the World
  • Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras (Mates, Dates, #1)
  • The Year of Secret Assignments (Ashbury/Brookfield, #2)
  • Gingerbread (Cyd Charisse, #1)
  • Many Stones
  • The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things
  • The Year My Life Went Down the Loo (Emily, #1)
  • Second Helpings (Jessica Darling, #2)
  • John Lennon: All I Want is the Truth
  • Chanda's Secrets (Chanda, #1)
  • Girls Out Late (Girls, #3)
  • My So-Called Life (Rachel Riley, #1)
  • True Believer (Make Lemonade, #2)
Louise Rennison was the bestselling award-winning author of the phenomenally successful ‘Confessions of Georgia Nicolson’ series, translated into over 34 languages and to the stage and big screen as ‘Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging’. She has won the Nestle Smarties Book Prize, the Michael L. Printz Honor Book and the Roald Dahl Funny prize for ‘Withering Tights’. Louise sadly died on the Februa ...more
More about Louise Rennison...

Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (10 books)
  • On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #2)
  • Knocked Out by My Nunga-Nungas (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #3)
  • Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #4)
  • Away Laughing on a Fast Camel (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #5)
  • Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6)
  • Startled by His Furry Shorts (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7)
  • Love Is a Many Trousered Thing (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #8)
  • Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)
  • Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #10)

“Look, I can't go out with you, because...because...because I'm a lesbian.” 74 likes
“When uncle Eddie does his impression of 'Like a Virgin' it's like Madonna is coming out of his body!'
Christ what an image.”