Start by marking “Our Wet World” as Want to Read:
Our Wet World

Our Wet World

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  9 reviews
If anyone ever looked at a lake, stream, or any body of water that makes up 70% of our earth and wondered what lives in there, this is the book with the answers. Every page explores the story of life underwater. Readers learn about unusual animals, like the crafty mudskipper that can live in water and on land so that it can escape from hungry saltwater crocodiles. The fact ...more
Paperback
Published February 1st 1998 by Charlesbridge (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Our Wet World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Wet World

Kayla Heenan
Personal Reaction:
I thought this book was a very good read. I found myself thinking of different ways I could easily use this book in the classroom and how fun I could make it. I could also see my students enjoying it especially because it talks about animals throughout the books and kids usually enjoy those topics.
Purpose/Use in Classroom:
I would read this book aloud to my class during a science unit about water and creatures who live in the water. I could do so many fun projects with this sto
Paige Cedergreen
Personal Reaction: I really liked this book. It was informative on the different bodies of water and it is organized really well. It is organized into the different types of bodies of water and then typical animals you would find in those bodies of water.

Read Aloud: I would use this as a read aloud to begin a science unit on different bodies of water. I would read this aloud to 1st or 2nd grade. Along with this book I would ask the students to compare two bodies of water to talk about each body'
Anna Korroch
I thought that this book was very informative. It gave a lot of information about the ocean and its different ecosystems that I had not known before. The information is very complete, but is not hard to understand or follow. I think that children would be very fascinated by this book.
This book could be read aloud when studying the ocean or different habitats. The book goes into great detail about different ecosystems with in the ocean. It could also be read when learning about different sea ani
Elsie
Personal reaction- this book is a great teaching tool for children between the ages of 6-8. This book teaches about our planet with a main focus on Earth’s waters. The book addresses oceans, lakes, and rivers as well as the different organisms that live within this habitat. You can use this book to teach geography and have children learn about different environments and their species that reside there. Read aloud for curricular- reading this book aloud to children will help them understand scien ...more
Jenna Zuckerman
"Our Wet World" by Sneed B. Collard III is an informational text that can be used in the classroom. This book discusses the different bodies of water that makes up our earth and what lives in these mysterious areas. This book goes into detail about the life underwater where readers learn about unusual animals. This fact-filled text explains the dependency of plant and animal in these ecosystems.
Teri
Oct 10, 2013 Teri rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: oceans
covers lots of marine and freshwater habitats. Don't think about reading this cover to cover. We just chose the habitats we wanted to hit--like kelp forests. Here's a really great kelp forest video by the way--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcbU4b...
Sarah Ziskend
Good for:
1. Ecosystems
2animals
3. Environment
4. Different aquatic ecosystems

Good for blurbs, reference, not read aloud
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
Another good one from Sneed B. Collard. I especially liked the beautiful illustrations.
Michele
Streams and rivers to the Antarctic Ocean. Great book.
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Kayla
Kayla added it
May 12, 2015
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Daniel
Daniel added it
Jun 14, 2012
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2008
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2008
Sneed B. Collard III is a biologist, world traveler, speaker, and author of more than forty books for young people, including Flash Point, Dog Sense, and Double Eagle. Collard holds degrees from the University of California at Berkeley. He lives in Montana.
More about Sneed B. Collard III...
Double Eagle Dog Sense Animal Dads Flash Point The Governor's Dog is Missing (Slate Stephens Mysteries, #1)