Start by marking “The Marriage Deal” as Want to Read:
The Marriage Deal

The Marriage Deal

Jago was the only possible solution.

Ashley Landon was desperate. After two years of her best efforts as chairman, her family's business faced either bankruptcy or a takeover. Then Jago Marrick, her ex-fiance, turned up with a hardheaded alternative--marriage.

Ashley's first reaction was shock, but Jago seemed to be the company's only hope. As her husband and the new chairma
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #1010
Published September 1987 by Harlequin Books (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Marriage Deal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Marriage Deal

Julz
Leona
Nov 08, 2013 Leona rated it liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
Roksana
.Jesus Christ what i just read?

This book is a hell of a ride...the author's writing is unapologetic and punch you in the face! Its so direct and frank you are completely at a loss of words.....

The hero is rough and cold..but at the same time his frankness was somewhat captivating..no bullshit kind of thing..ultra alpha a 100%

I like the heroine better..she was strong and sharp and certainly i like the fact that the author make the hero very jealous of her after his cheating..YES he suffered too..
boogenhagen
KatieV
I hesitated on the rating between a 3 and 4. My issue is that it's so similar to two other (more recent) Sara Craven books I've read. However, I'm giving this a 4 since it was older and therefore the more recent ones can be considered the copycats.

The bare bones of this plot can be applied to at least 3 of her novels. This one, The Innocent's Surrender, and The Forced Bride.

The 'bare bones' recycled plot is. (view spoiler)
Jenny
Feb 21, 2014 Jenny rated it did not like it
Cheaters, hateful characters.
kholiette
Nov 23, 2015 kholiette rated it really liked it
In typical Sara Craven form, the H is a major a-hole, a loveable one nonetheless but still an a-hole.
If you don’t like a forceful H, who would not take no for an answer when it comes to the sex, then this book is not for you. Because yes –spoiler alert- he forces her. I won’t call it book rape, because she doesn’t really fight it. And in her case it is more or less the lady doth protests too much, me thinks.
Personal pros:
I like Jago, I can tell he loves the heroine, he’s an Alpha, just like I
Roub
Jan 06, 2014 Roub rated it liked it
it was a gud enough read but ashley's pettiness n childishness was hard 2 get over. it was obvious 2 a blind man dat jago was besotted wid her ! but she was too busy being jealous of erica's blond beauty n being insecure. now come 2 dat, it was entirely jago's fault. after all, she did catch him on the point of fucking another woman 3 years ago. ok we later learned he did not do it, fell unconscious b4 being able 2 fuck her lol:P sry but dats disgusting, dats the kind of adultery i can't ...more
Vivian
Jul 11, 2011 Vivian rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-contemp
I found this at a library book sale and could resist a peek at an author I read by pilfering my older sister's bookshelf. It was a delightful story for its time period with the modern woman and male fighting against the usual misunderstandings. Written during the "Bad Communication" years as I like to think of a lot of these categoricals where one decent conversation would sort out all the issues, but doesn't happen because of pride. A fun weekend read.
Mary
Jun 07, 2016 Mary rated it it was ok
Pretty standard 80's romance. I thought it was a little better written then many other's I've read, however once the main couples relationship started becoming more solidified the subplots were kind of ignored. I also thought there resolutions were really weak and seemed more like an afterthought. Overall, still a nice, quick easy read if you like this type of book
Lobna
Oct 11, 2016 Lobna rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin
the old book are way better than the modern Mills & boon
the heroine was a little bit annoying and childish but it was fun to read and that's the whole point
Liqiu
Liqiu rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2013
Iszy
Iszy rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2014
MissKitty
MissKitty rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2014
Fre06 Begum
Fre06 Begum rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2016
seton
seton rated it did not like it
Apr 18, 2009
Oksana Lvova
Oksana Lvova rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2012
Mona
Mona rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Maddie
Maddie rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2010
Sanya
Sanya rated it it was ok
Jul 02, 2014
Jelena
Jelena rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2014
Tapana Patel
Tapana Patel rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2016
Tore Toresson
Tore Toresson rated it it was ok
Nov 16, 2016
Xandri
Xandri rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2014
Joyce David
Joyce David rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2015
  • Savage Destiny
  • A Savage Betrayal
  • Jilted
  • A Man to be Feared
  • Tender the Storm (Deveraux Trilogy, #1)
  • The Winter Heart
  • Saved from Sin
  • Breaking Point
  • Gold Ring of Betrayal
  • Lady of Quality
  • The Final Price
202248
Anne Bushell was born on October 1938 in South Devon, England, just before World War II and grew up in a house crammed with books. She was always a voracious reader, some of her all-time favorites books are: "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen, "Middlemarch" by George Eliot, "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Brontë, "Gone With the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell and "The Code of the Woosters" by P. G. ...more
More about Sara Craven...