Start by marking “The Count's Blackmail Bargain” as Want to Read:
The Count's Blackmail Bargain

The Count's Blackmail Bargain

For handsome Italian count Alessio Ramontella, seducing women comes as naturally as breathing. Alessio lives his life based on two criteria: first that success and satisfaction are guaranteed, and second that all his dealings are discreet and conducted between mutually consenting parties.

Then he meets innocent English beauty Laura Mason. She's sweet, tempting ... and off-l
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #2567, 189 pages
Published September 2006 by Harlequin Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Count's Blackmail Bargain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Count's Blackmail Bargain

Nadia
This was such a fun read. I really liked this one. Although the ability of hero to stop mid-process was kinda surreal. :) I liked both hero and heroine they are both really nice likable people contrary to those relatives of his. I also like how during the narrative everyone succumbed to Laura's charms. Starting from Caio and to Emilia. And Alessio, of course. I wonder however if (view spoiler) ...more
Dianna
Dec 17, 2014 Dianna rated it really liked it
Count Alessio spends the night with a boring woman, and wow it’s so annoying trying to get her to leave the next morning. He just manages, and then his auntie shows up, with this crazy scheme. Alessio is to seduce the English girl his cousin is bringing home, or auntie will tell the boring woman’s husband about her hook up with Alessio. Alessio agrees to this crazy scheme, even though boring woman is really boring, because the husband doesn’t deserve to find out about it That Way.

It’s a bit flim
RLA
Jun 20, 2011 RLA rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story is based around Italian Count Alessio who after being caught being involved with a married woman by his vile Aunt is blackmailed by her to seduce her son's girlfriend in order to break them up. Said vile Aunt has arranged for her son to marry the daughter of one of her (rich) friends. If Alessio doesn't do this then his aunt will spill about the affair and cause a massive scandal.
Meanwhile, Laura has agreed to go on holiday to Italy with Paolo (the son!) and pretend to be involved with
Tia
Apr 27, 2012 Tia rated it it was ok
The heroine agreed to play the part of lover to the heroes brother but it all backfired when she met the hero. Almost immediately she fell head over heels for him and while trying to put up a resistance, she just couldn't.

When the hero agreed to try and take the heroine away from his cousins clutches, he had no idea it would be quite so hard. She put up a reluctant fight and even though he desperately wanted her, he was patient, waiting for his opportunity.

When the hero and heroine came togethe
StMargarets
Well, well, well. Sara Craven wrote a Regency House Party novel and forgot to tell Harlequin Presents. Not that that is a bad thing. This was an enjoyable slow-burn story with a dollop of drama at the end.

The story opens with the hero's valet - I mean butler - waking him up to inform him that his aunt is on her way over and he should get the married woman in his bed out of the apartment ASAP. The hero has a hangover and is regretting his one night stand. He regrets it even more when his aunt use
Jenny
Jan 07, 2017 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: heroine-i-adore
Hero has a mistress who is married. His aunt threatens to make the affair public unless he manages to seduce the girl her son is bringing home. Hero agrees. He will seduce Laura so as to keep his aunt quiet but Laura is sweet and perfect and he falls for her. He tries to be noble but eventually he can't resist her. When Laura finds out his scheme all hell breaks loose.

Very enjoyable read. Good angst, likable characters and great chemistry between hero and heroine. Epilogue could have been bette
Sue Child
Jan 06, 2017 Sue Child rated it it was amazing
I remember loving this one.
Missy
Dec 06, 2015 Missy rated it liked it
A good read.

Alessio sleeps with a boring married woman not realizing how much this is going to cost him:

1. He can't ger rid of her
2. His aunt finds out & blackmails him
3. He ends up hurting an innocent woman
4. He feels disgusted & shameful
5. And it will all come back to haunt him

Alessio after meeting his victim can't but be charmed and intriqued by her. He quickly forgets what his mission was by justifying how he feels about Laura. Passions and emotions he has never experienced soon ove
Zimes
Jul 01, 2016 Zimes rated it did not like it
About 10 years ago I read a lot of books by this author and loved them. Some more than others. Of course they were cheesy and predictable but that made me love them even more. I wasn't reading for high art. I was looking for a nice steady story that I could devour in an afternoon. I overindulged in romance and stopped reading the genre for years. When I saw this book by one of my favorite authors and I could get it for free I grabbed it.
This book was awful. I honestly don't know if I disliked t
Ada
Mar 25, 2014 Ada rated it liked it
Me irrito esta historia, no digo que no la disfrute solo que el protagonista se deja mangonear muy tontamente, y ella se somete muy fácil, la verdad se me hizo tedioso tanto drama pero nunca dejo un Harlequin a medias, al final pude suspirar y hay escenas que hacen que el corazón lata con fuerza. Soy muy cursi
Dorothy
Dorothy rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
May 17, 2011
Booklover
Booklover rated it it was ok
Mar 27, 2011
Jeneth
Jeneth rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2013
AnGeL
AnGeL rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2011
Mp10
Mp10 rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
Kirsty Tunstall
Kirsty Tunstall rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2015
Noelia
Noelia rated it liked it
May 20, 2015
Gege86
Gege86 rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2014
Stephanie A Wesch
Stephanie A Wesch rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2015
Gracia Toent
Gracia Toent rated it it was ok
Aug 27, 2016
Mae
Mae rated it it was ok
Mar 29, 2009
Shannon Felicia
Shannon Felicia rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Lede
Lede rated it it was ok
Oct 29, 2015
Mychael
Mychael rated it did not like it
Jul 22, 2012
Vilde (vforvilde)
Vilde (vforvilde) rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2011
diannewilliams1bellsouth.net
diannewilliams1bellsouth.net rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Lynn Smith
Lynn Smith rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Michelle Padilla
Michelle Padilla rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2015
Andy
Andy rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
202248
Anne Bushell was born on October 1938 in South Devon, England, just before World War II and grew up in a house crammed with books. She was always a voracious reader, some of her all-time favorites books are: "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen, "Middlemarch" by George Eliot, "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Brontë, "Gone With the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell and "The Code of the Woosters" by P. G. Wodehous ...more
More about Sara Craven...