Start by marking “Second Time Bride” as Want to Read:
Second Time Bride

Second Time Bride

Once a teenage bride...
Daisy would always vividly remember her brief marriage at age seventeen to Alessio Leopardi. He'd tired of her within months of their wedding, so she'd left him to give birth to their child alone.

Now a teenage daughter...
Now Alessio was back and Daisy was torn: he didn't know he had a thirteen-year-old daughter. But Tara was dying to meet her father.
189 pages
Published June 1997 by Harlequin Mills & Boon (first published May 1st 1997)

The Spanish Groom by Lynne GrahamBond of Hatred by Lynne GrahamGold Ring of Betrayal by Michelle ReidThe Trophy Husband by Lynne GrahamTempestuous Reunion by Lynne Graham
My Fave Harlequins
41st out of 609 books — 166 voters
Bond of Hatred by Lynne GrahamThe Trophy Husband by Lynne GrahamBreaking Point by Emma DarcyThe Spanish Groom by Lynne GrahamMarried to a Mistress by Lynne Graham
Addicted to Harlequins
45th out of 303 books — 119 voters

More lists with this book...

Jacqueline
This was a very well done Harlequin Presents. Unlike many, the prior history of this couple took place when they were both teenagers. So their misunderstandings and self absorbtion at the time makes perfect sense. Teenagers are so driven by drama and poor decision making. They meet again 13 years later. They have a daughter that he did not know about and I thought the reason for the secret baby was pretty solid. I believe that 17 year old girls do not make rational decisions in that situation. ...more
KC
I felt this was a typical Lynne Graham book, but it lacked the dynamic quality of her best writing. The prose seemed less polished and less emotionally evocative.

One small thing that kind of bugged me... Why is Daisy's celibacy mentioned, but no mention is made of Alessio's sexual relationships in the interim? I did not expect him to remain celibate considering they were divorced, but some mention would have made the double standard less jarring.
Vanessa
Jul 31, 2012 Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Thirteen years ago, Alessio and Daisy had been married. But their marriage wasn’t exactly HEA as they were both so young and he had only married her at the time because he had been “caught”. When the reason for the marriage appeared to have disappeared, then Daisy demanded a divorce from her unsupportive husband. However, now Alessio and Daisy’s paths have crossed again and she has been encouraged by her family to reveal her secret to Alessio. He isn’t too happy to learn what she has done, but ...more
sbf20112011
Jan 14, 2012 sbf20112011 rated it it was amazing
This is a solid, basic Lynne Graham story. Hero is aggravatingly arrogant, cruel, and manipulative, but shows just enough can't-help-but-care-for-the-heroine to make you not hate him and want them together. Satisfying read.
Jenny
Mar 10, 2014 Jenny rated it it was ok
Hero wants a second chance with the girl he loved and lost as a teenager so he forces her into marriage for the sake of their 13 year old daughter.

Didn't like the heroine. There was no excuse for stealing hero's daughter for 13 years even if his sister was an evil bitch. Underwhelming read.
StMargarets
This is a second chance story, 13 years later, with a secret baby no less. It doesn't seem like this would work out, but it does because the H/h were 19 and 17 during their first short-lived marriage and now they have had time to grow up.

The H/h married after the heroine became pregnant from their summer romance in Italy. They handled the situation as well as any shell-shocked teenagers would. H withdrew into himself and h was clingy and insecure living with the H's hostile Italian family. A m
Natalia
Oct 22, 2016 Natalia rated it liked it
#readathon
Bookabulary
Oct 10, 2016 Bookabulary rated it liked it
Shelves: second-chances
I thought that the plot was a bit dicey because I thought that thirteen years was too much of a wait. But LG made it work because the immature reasons that caused Alessio and Daisy to divorce when they were mere teenagers just wouldn't fly if they had been mature adults who had to deal with what they did. I'm glad to have given this book a chance because it actually turned out better than what the blurb suggested at first glance. And second-chance romances is a particular weakness.
Shen
Oct 08, 2016 Shen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance fans, Harlequin fans, secret baby fans, second chance fans
10.8.16 Re-read this book today because...

I love secret baby books and this one is quite exceptional.

Daisy and Alessio met while they were teenagers. He was the 19 year old only son of an extremely wealthy business man and she was the 17 year old English rose that was working as an au pair for family vacationing in Tuscany.

From the first meeting the sparks flew. It didn’t take long before the tall, dark and handsome Aleosio won the pretty, blonde Daisy. Unfortunately, Daisy got pregnant and Al
Claude Road
Karen
Re-read 25/04/2016 to 26/04/2016.

This view withTry To Remember as my favourite Mills and Boon. I first read it when I was about 15 and have loved it ever since.

Daisy comes running into work and runs slap bang into her latest client…her ex-husband Alessio. Forced to confront the teenage marriage she had tried to put behind her she realises that she needs to inform him of the teenage daughter he knows nothing about…

There are aspects of the writing that I love about this book. The sections of the
MissKitty
Oct 16, 2016 MissKitty rated it it was amazing
Loved this story - it's about second chances. A teenage marriage that failed. Marriage is hard enough without adding complications of living with hostile in-laws, a pregnancy, spiteful meddling, peer pressure and a miscarriage all while being in your teens. It was very believable. The H acted like a morose brooding jerk but hey he was 19yrs old. The h was a doormat but at 17 she was pregnant with low self esteem which made her more vulnerable. The story starts when they meet each other again. ...more
Amanda Sheila
Well, as much as I love arrogant and "evil" Hero and innocent heroine trope, this book is a wee bit too much for me.

I love it when the Hero hurt heroine's feeling. In this book, check.
I love it when the Hero ended up searching for the running away heroine. In this book, check.
I love it when the heroine having a secret baby. In this book, check.

See? I love it. But the major turn off, is that the heroine being so ridiculously weak and stupid and couldn't stand up for herself when if I were in
Vintage
This just missed being a three star, but the hero was just so darned mean, the heroine just so darned idiotic, downright blithering in true LG style, the sister just so darn evil, and one of the worst failures to communicate ever.

Thirteen year gap from when Daisy leaves Alessio so maybe not quite a secret baby, more a secret teen, but still.

Nice angst, and it is obvious that the hero is head over heels in love with the h, but it was a stomach turner. Simply not enough groveling on the part of
HB
Apr 28, 2016 HB rated it did not like it
When you pick up a harlequin book, there are some things which you already expect, like an alpha hero and an innocent, wronged heroine. Most heroines are also rather naive and stupid. The heroine in this book, Daisy, is probably one of the stupidest. She is also probably one of the worst mothers ever. Impossible to root for her happy ending.
L H
Jan 04, 2015 L H rated it it was ok
Juvenile.
I was looking forward to reading this book as it has a big gap between the first marriage and the second one and there was a teenage daughter involved. But I was very disappointed when the adults acted exactly like the teenagers they were 13 years ago.
R
Sep 01, 2011 R rated it it was amazing
This book made me laugh so much and will be a reread for me. It does have a secret baby theme along with misunderstanding but it made sense as the hero and heroine were teenagers when the marriage took place originally.
Angy
Dec 17, 2013 Angy rated it it was amazing
I don't think 5 stars are enough for this story..
i really loved the story...
i am a big LG fan.. i love all her stories....
this is going to be my one of the all time fav. books...

MUST READ

TOTALLY RECOMMENDED..
I love a good romance novel
Boring

Nice story line but it dragged on and one. When it finally started to pickup. .. I was at 90%. Have to consider the time it was written. Lynne Graham is one of my favourite authors.
Yui
Jul 24, 2014 Yui rated it it was ok
would have liked more active role for the daughter. i kept waiting for it to be original but i should have know the formula of having babies but getting them conveniently away is tough to abandon. a shame really when Tara seemed to be more entertaining.
Shakira
Dec 17, 2015 Shakira rated it did not like it
A little better than the usual fare since the hero acknowledged and was apologetic for his mistakes too.
Mydearloverboy
Mar 25, 2014 Mydearloverboy rated it it was amazing
This was angsty...but there was a lot of humour that I usually don't see with LG books that pushed it from a 4 to a 5:)
a keeper, for its uniqueness:)
Shakira
Dec 19, 2015 Shakira rated it did not like it
Gladys
Gladys rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2011
Ladyvixen
Ladyvixen rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2012
Maggie
Nov 06, 2012 Maggie rated it liked it
Good
Gemz
Gemz rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2015
Ciara Dolan
Ciara Dolan rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2011
Alice M. Black
Mar 01, 2014 Alice M. Black rated it really liked it
una hermosa y dramatica novela, disfrute mucho leyendola, me encanto
  • The Italian's Revenge
  • The Final Price
  • Raul's Revenge
  • No Promise of Love
  • The Italian's Suitable Wife
  • The Italian's Pregnant Mistress

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1
More about Lynne Graham...